from frimmers....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

from frimmers....

by The 17 Bus » 28 Dec 2009 22:22

okay...all joking apart... i was ever present at every game when the "unthinkable" happened and the lilywhites got relegated...unthinkable apart from all of us on the terraces watching the horrors unfold...a squad simply not good enough,a complacent board and a management team living on past(very past) glories...so "we" sank into division two.....to come back stronger at the first ask...the relevance?..sadly the gulf in quality with regard to 1st and 2nd division players was much narrower then than now...readings (business model) biggest failing? not investing in quality players when at the top of the tree..perhaps coppel knew what would happen and voiced concern..i have no "inside " information: bottom line is that what seemed impossible a few years back(aldershot v. reading in a league fixture) is now not such a distant prospect.there is no "gloating" in my camp,the situation illustrates how frail fortunes can be be when entrusted to the "vision" of one man. play up royals:)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: from frimmers....

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 22:37

I am looking forward to watching Reading play the Shots once again

....as long as it is a good entertaining match........I couldn't care less what league it is in.

I am not particularly enjoying this seasons fayre.................but in comparison to some of the stuff served up over the past 38 years of my attendance money..........it is (believe it or not) not that bad.

Unfortunately, some on here, see being successful as a right.......Reading have done nothing less in their brief and cherubic years.

Me? I see defeat and relegation as part of the working mans game..........wins, promotion and success are sure to come on the back of it eventually.

We are not Chelsea/Citeh/United............and for that (and for the sake of football).....I am glad

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Dec 2009 22:41

indeed...i hope that the royals turn things around and the "meet" will remain a dream....but i would love a wednesday night under the floodlights at the rec with the royals visiting...passion a plenty..the level? as you say my learned friend..who gives a stuff?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2009 22:47

Good sentiments from wise heads.

Football really really doesn't matter all that much.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 29 Dec 2009 00:24

Royal Rother Good sentiments from wise heads.

Football really really doesn't matter all that much.

What!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:26

Factfinder
Royal Rother Good sentiments from wise heads.

What!!!
yes

at least one of us is bald

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1