Back from the game (FOREST)

166 posts
RFCUK

Back from the game (FOREST)

by RFCUK » 16 Jan 2010 18:40

Feeling pretty low. Live in Nottingham and got some bad chants on the way home.

I must say, I'm definately not impressed with Griffin at all. He didn't seem to want it enough, looked very shakey and preferred more direct passes as to fluid motion. He would often stop play to think of a pass, rather then letting it flow nicely.

I was also disappointed with Ciss, and it was a good job we took him off at half time. He would just hoof the ball out to the right wing, looking for Church, and he never got it right at all.

Penalty - Gutting.

We had two chances within two minutes and two world class saves were pulled off. Should have atleast put one of them away.

Forest reminded me of us in our Championship winning season. We just don't want it enough.

Stewards assaulted someone from standing up and dragged them out. Looking to make a report on this as it was dreadful. Though to be fair, if a steward we dealing with someone next to me, and I started pointing and getting right up in his face shouting 'oxf*rd, oxf*rd, oxf*rd' I'd expect to be thrown out, perhaps not in that manner though.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Back from the game (FOREST)

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jan 2010 18:44

floyd mentioned the horrendous stewarding in his post match rant.

Not surprised to see Cisse was rubbish....because well he is rubbish.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 16 Jan 2010 18:46

How did Thorvaldsson do on his debut?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2010 19:20

What was the formation? Was Tabb on the wing or were we playing three fairly defensive players centrally with Church wide and one up front?

I'm certainly not impressed with the line up.

But 2-1 against Forest with a penalty saved doesn't seem too bad a result to be perfectly honest.

It's how McDermott does from here on in. Bristol, Swansea, (Plymouth) and Forest was a tough run of games against decent oppostion. Sheffield are no slouches either, but McD has to get us winning and playing well very soon.

Still, Sig to come back, Thor introduced. We can certainly field a better side than that in future.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 16 Jan 2010 19:35

If we started with Karacan and Howard in midfield, we may have done a little better.
Cisse can do well but isn't consistent enough, and Howard looks to go forward a little more.
From both post-match reports on both sites, it sounds as if we should have had at least a point.

Ian Royal But 2-1 against Forest with a penalty saved doesn't seem too bad a result to be perfectly honest.

Still, Sig to come back, Thor introduced. We can certainly field a better side than that in future.

+1
Last edited by SteveRoyal on 16 Jan 2010 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Jan 2010 19:36

Ian Royal But 2-1 against Forest with a penalty saved doesn't seem too bad a result to be perfectly honest.

Any defeat is too bad a result. We needed to kick on.

[Excuse me invading the back from the game thread]

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Jan 2010 19:53

Several things I noticed today..........

1) The City Ground is shit, old and cramped.
2) The Forest fans are a nasty bunch of people with chips on their shoulders about them no longer being one of the best teams in the country.
3) Cisse can win lots of tackles and quickly give the ball away with such skill :roll:
4) Andy Griffin is as shit as I feared
5) Thorvaldsson looks ok......works hard....
6) Brian "Billy Big Bollocks" Howard shouldn't take penalties.EVER.
7) We weren't actually that bad in patches.....
8) ......but there was a hang over from Wed.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Jan 2010 20:00

Oh and how could I forget......Lee Camp needs to sort himself out.......If Forest go up and he keeps behaving like a prick, Rooney, Drogba and all the others are gonna make him look even more of a total w***er.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Jan 2010 20:04

The 1st half was as bad as the 2nd was good.

Good to see a manager that can turn a team round and get them doing the right things at the break. Unlike Rodgers. If he was still in charge that would have been 6 or 7-0.

Forest played such a high tempo game in the 1st half they were irresistable - coupled with a jaded looking Royals team who took a good while to get going. Forest simply couldn't keep it up in the 2nd half. Most telling was the Forest MOTM was the goalie. I'm sure if one of those chances had gone in we would have got something out of the game.

Griffin is clearly not matchfit (or fit to be honest) and will need a bit of time.
Dissappointed with Jobi, looked a yard off pace today.
Thorvaldsson - certainly put himself about. Very unlucky not to score. Fitness shouldn't be an issue with him. Good header of the ball.

All in all I thought we did well today. Pleanty to take from a narrow defeat against the country's form team.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Jan 2010 20:05

Kitsondinho Oh and how could I forget......Lee Camp needs to sort himself out.......If Forest go up and he keeps behaving like a prick, Rooney, Drogba and all the others are gonna make him look even more of a total w***er.

I thought he did a good job of gee'ing up the Forest supporters. It's nice to see a player have a true connection with the fans. Plus he kept them in the game.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Jan 2010 20:09

Just got back, worst first half performance I can remember for a long time - dreadful. More woeful finishing cost us points in the second half.

LOL at the stand off between the reading fans and the stewards. I can't believe the steward didnt't deck the reading fan with the glasses who was giving it large in his face. :lol:

Also lee camps a dick, there is recognising your own supporters and having a bit of banter then there is being a big headed muppet and it gets cringe worthy. Hope forest don't get promoted with tossers like him in the side.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 16 Jan 2010 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 16 Jan 2010 20:21

FiNeRaIn LOL at the stand off between the reading fans and the stewards. I can't believe the steward didnt't deck the reading fan with the glasses who was giving it large in his face. :lol:

The same dick with the glasses stood under the stand after the game looking as sheepish as Alan Partridge nicking a traffic cone, having his particulars noted by the police whilst being videoed as well and invited to make himself obvious to the CCTV as well? That one? Yep.:roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Jan 2010 20:24

Fair play to the steward for not whacking him, i've never seen someone provoked so much - completely needless.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Jan 2010 20:29

Forest should have had six. We should have had four. The difference is they missed three of theirs (the other Feds pulling off a brilliant point-blank save). We got all ours on target but the keeper pulled off some quite incredible saves (although the penalty was easier to save but fair play for not committing himself). What a bighead though.

First half they were just too good for us. They're an automatic promotion side. We're a bottom third side. Simple as. We just dragged them down to our level a bit in the second half. You see it all the time. No surprises. Clearly it also helped when they were down to ten men (although, to be fair, not much!).

Question: why do "The Faces" always leave 5 minutes before the end? (Excuse my ignorance/lack of street cred.)

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 16 Jan 2010 20:57

I wouldn't take much notice of today.

We were playing away at probably the best side in the division. The 120 minutes on Wednesday took it out some of the players and we couldn't field a full strength team. I don't believe the Liverpool results were a false dawn and will help us push on.

However, we need to take points off Barnsley, Doncaster, Plymouth and Derby. If not we're facked.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Jan 2010 21:00

Forest are not the best side in the division, so please don't overpraise them. They look a decent side but nothing more than playoffs for them at the end of the season, bubble will burst.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 16 Jan 2010 21:02

FiNeRaIn Forest are not the best side in the division, so please don't overpraise them. They look a decent side but nothing more than playoffs for them at the end of the season, bubble will burst.

We'll see. Since all there new signings have gelled they look very capable of finishing in the top 2.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Jan 2010 21:06

Best (attacking) side I've seen, that's for sure. Better than Newcastle, WBA. Their bubble MAY burst but if they played every week like they did today then there'll defo be top 2 with Nutcastle.

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 16 Jan 2010 21:14

3 veesinarow
FiNeRaIn LOL at the stand off between the reading fans and the stewards. I can't believe the steward didnt't deck the reading fan with the glasses who was giving it large in his face. :lol:

The same dick with the glasses stood under the stand after the game looking as sheepish as Alan Partridge nicking a traffic cone, having his particulars noted by the police whilst being videoed as well and invited to make himself obvious to the CCTV as well? That one? Yep.:roll:

I was that dick! The reason for the particulars being noted was that a different steward accused me of "assault" for tapping him on the shoulder in jest. Ridiculous heavy-handed stewarding was the provocation, as well as the first steward coming up to me swearing in my face.

I gave as good as I got, and it ended with a different steward needlessly attacking someone a couple of rows in front for attempting to photograph him. I challenge anyone to act any differently; in fact I believe I did well not to nut the o*ford in the face after he asked me if I wanted to "o*ford start summin wit me".

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2010 21:17

FiNeRaIn Forest are not the best side in the division, so please don't overpraise them. They look a decent side but nothing more than playoffs for them at the end of the season, bubble will burst.

They are currently the best team in the division, which given we played them today is all that matters.

166 posts