Back from the game WBA

204 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game WBA

by Arch » 13 Feb 2010 19:05

Ian Royal
tomrfcurz Just met Matt Mills up at Asda! Said he was gutted they lost today and thought we should've held on

:shock:

We didn't lose. :|

Good attitude though

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Feb 2010 19:05

Ian Royal
tomrfcurz Just met Matt Mills up at Asda! Said he was gutted they lost today and thought we should've held on

:shock:

We didn't lose. :|

Unless Matt Mills is a Cardiff fan and that's what they were talking about :?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Feb 2010 19:07

londinium
Best game for Karacan in a long while.

:shock: He was woeful throughout

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Feb 2010 19:07

We may well live to regret the absolute sitter that Ingi missed...

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 13 Feb 2010 19:09

Every Karacan pass went into the defence, he hit the hoof ball most times and i was ruing the fact the Sig wasn't there, him instead of Jem and we couldv'e won that

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2010 19:11

tomrfcurz Every Karacan pass went into the defence, he hit the hoof ball most times and i was ruing the fact the Sig wasn't there, him instead of Jem and we couldv'e won that

Thought he was pretty good actually. Certainly ten times better than against against Barnsley a couple of weeks ago.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 13 Feb 2010 19:11

winchester_royal We may well live to regret the absolute sitter that Ingi missed...

Or Kebe headed into the side netting.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 13 Feb 2010 19:13

Watched the match with a very good feed from Iraqgoals tv on PC.commentors constantly flowing over Griffen, and must agree he looks a tremendous signing, of the rest today Karacan and Mills stood out. Have not been a great fan of this cup run in our present league plight and the main thing we have achieved out of this match today is a 4 match ban for Long, impetious challenge, no mallice but thems is the rules I suppose !

The bonus of the replay, its one of Shane's banned matches !!

I honestly believe we HAVE to get another striker on a months loan, as recently only Long has has any idea what that net thingy between them posts is for. The commentor on IG tv pointed out that Rasiak does not track back, we were very narrow when the Albion lad got the equaliser, when down to 10 you need everyone to do thier bit, so come on Mr Mad back your manager

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Feb 2010 19:14

Qpr lost again though Lads, cheer up!

Really good effort, build on this see who we got in the draw and make it through!

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 13 Feb 2010 19:14

Im sorry to say the referee was correct in sending long off. Even from y25 i could quite easily see that long had lunged in over the ball and took the man. Shame that he is now to be banned for 4 games due to his previous sending off at derby

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 13 Feb 2010 19:15

Finally started to look like we can compete against a slick side in form and really felt like we had the momentum once they were reduced to 10. Big thumbs up for Griffin(again) but a few points of constructive criticism - Jem will be a far better player once he sorts out his distribution, he should look to regain and retain position, all he needs to learn is to dish it out to the nearest player - keep it simple! Kebe is your proverbial frustrating player - needs to learn that by showing a bit more urgency through attempting to close down a player - he will look better, and receive a more warm reception from the fans (first 10mins was rather un-kebe like :shock: )

Each game that passes, we appear to grow in confidence - so a replay in which we can add to our stock isn't all that bad tbh. Didn't really catch Long's sending off - looked a rash/late attempt - referee was itching to dish the cards, so will have to see a replay.

As a whole, we appear to be growing as a team - we'll certainly make a this relegation battle a fight to the death.

QPR lose again 8)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Feb 2010 19:21

Is it me or is Rasiak really that bad ?

He looked so far off the pace it was embarrasing.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 13 Feb 2010 19:22

Urmmmm ur not wrong Rasiak is that bad

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 13 Feb 2010 19:27

What a cup tie, really enjoyed that. Gutted to throw away the win with only three minutes of normal time to go but full marks for entertainment. Griffin was immense, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. Just been on BBC Sport and read that Di Matteo's been moaning that the challenge on their number 36 (Jara) was a bad one. I was right in front of it and it was a terrific tackle by Karacan, thundering challenge but got all of the ball.

Fed - 7 - Could do nothing with the goals, was faultless with everything else.
Griffin - 9 - MOTM. Brilliant in defence and going forward and he's got some pace when he gets going.
Mills - 8 - Excellent again, won all his headers and good distribution at times too.
Ingy - 7 - Solid overall, good positioning. Don't think he made any real mistakes.
Bertrand - 6 - Thought he was poor by his standards today. Should have kept Brunt outside for the first goal rather than letting him cut back on to his left foot. Not as good as he usually is in possession either.
Mcanuff - 7 - Looks threatening when he runs at pace but too many times he makes it easier for the defender by not getting the ball out of his feet.
Gunnar - 8 - Thought he was excellent, good touch and found team mates with passes more often that not.
Karacan - 6 - His workrate and tackling can't be faulted but he gives away the ball too cheaply at times especially when he plays those high straight balls. Looks much better running with the ball out of his feet.
Howard - 6 - Thought he was doing a good job just behind Long, but had to be sacrificed.
Kebe - 7 - What a start with the goal but again he frustrates just as much as he excites. Seemed to end up running into their full back just as he looked like he had enough time and space. Put in one great ball across the 6 yard box in the first half.
Long - 5 - Didn't really get into the game today although he won his fair share of headers and held the ball up well. Put us under pressure with that unnecessary challenge.

Church - 7 - Looked very sharp today but almost fluffed the chance. I think he's very close to being a top striker but clearly finishing is an issue. One great shot with his left after good link up with Gunnar.
Rasiak - 7 - Great ball for the second goal and looked a handful.
Tabb - Not enough time to make an impact.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Feb 2010 19:30

That was a much better performance than the last few games but we still need to learn to pass the ball properly if we want to improve as a side

Kebe, despite a well taken goal, is just not good enough. Yes he threatens the opposition and can create things at times, but the amount of times he wastes good positions or just runs into the full back or cant keep the ball in play just outweigh all the good stuff

Griff and Mills were imperious today, but Ivar again looks like he has lost it and Kishi must have a great shout of replacing him in the next few games

Long again battled well but I hope he gets a big fine for again picking up a needless red card which was well deserved. Church came on and worked hard and tried his best to miss his chance for glory. We desperately need someone upfront and if Thor isnt that man (not even on the bench so is he anywhere near good enough?) then we HAVE to get someone else in as we all know Rasiak isnt up to it

Although thats the negatives out the way, we played well today and deserved to win it. The replay will be a right pain in the arse but the confidence gained from today can only help our relegation battle

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Feb 2010 19:33

1 Newcastle 30 60
2 West Brom 30 59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Nottm Forest 31 55
4 Swansea 30 49
5 Cardiff 29 48
6 Leicester 29 46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Sheff Utd 31 45
8 Middlesbrough 31 44
9 Blackpool 31 6 41
10 Coventry 31 40
11 Preston 30 39
12 Barnsley 30 39
13 Watford 29 38
14 Doncaster 29 37
15 Bristol City 37
16 Derby 30 36
17 QPR 30 34
18 Sheff Wed 30 34
19 Crystal Palace 29 33
20 Ipswich 29 33
21 Scunthorpe 30 33

22 Reading 29 32
23 Plymouth 29 27
24 Peterborough 31 21

Championship Table after today's matches, few teams above us we have games in hand on now!

EDIT: shows Played and Points
Last edited by leww_rfc on 13 Feb 2010 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Comfortably Numb

Re: JIMMY KEBE!!!!!

by Comfortably Numb » 13 Feb 2010 19:33

URZZZZZZZZ I think its the fastest ever FA Cup goal!! Top marks for scoring it, but only Kebe could have an average game when he should be full of confidence.

FA Cup proper, apparently - SSN.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 13 Feb 2010 19:37

Both sending offs were spot on. Long could have broken that guys leg and should get at least a 3 game ban. He should have learned from this before at Derby?

As for the rest of the game. Well I feel we were lucky. I know this is great contrast to the majority of you but there were a few things that worried me about today. Firstly, that predictability was slowly creeping back into our game. Inaccurate long balls to the channels that worked 1 every 6 attempts. When WBA finally woke up, they were just picking off the long balls, KEEPING the ball and trying to be as accurate as possible knocking it to Doraans and Brunt.
No plan B. There didn't seem to be any way of dealing with this until the sending offs changed the game. If it wasn't for Mulumbu going off we would have been trounced.

But anyway, we're still in it and there was some pleasing performances today. Mills, Griffin, Karacan and Rasiak when he came on. Karacan did give away a couple of silly balls but it was the best box to box performance I've seen him do for a while. He supported McAnuff, he got back to help the defence and tried to start our moves.

Ref was awful first half missing all the little fouls that were winding up Long and Howard. Second half he spotted everything and I strongly feel both sending offs were deserved.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 13 Feb 2010 19:41

Another good performance and should have won.

I hate to single any one person out, but Ivar had been consistently poor and was again at fault today for the first goal. Numerous times this year goals have been down to Ivar, the Ipswich one he put on a plate for stead springs to
mind.

He is miss timing headers, standing off of forwards and missing sitters at the other end. If he had taken his chance today it would have been game over. Three chances were also missed last week.

Kishy and Mills are our best centre backs, I just hope Brian had the balls to drop our club captain. If he don't it could cost us.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 13 Feb 2010 19:45

Basingstoke Royal Another good performance and should have won.

I hate to single any one person out, but Ivar had been consistently poor and was again at fault today for the first goal. Numerous times this year goals have been down to Ivar, the Ipswich one he put on a plate for stead springs to
mind.

He is miss timing headers, standing off of forwards and missing sitters at the other end. If he had taken his chance today it would have been game over. Three chances were also missed last week.

Kishy and Mills are our best centre backs, I just hope Brian had the balls to drop our club captain. If he don't it could cost us.

Altough he had on the whole a stonking game, Grifffin was at fault for the first goal and the second was scored from our right back position . Didn't think Ivar was either good or bad today
Last edited by londinium on 13 Feb 2010 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

204 posts