Start a fans Trust in case of administration

jellytot

Start a fans Trust in case of administration

by jellytot » 25 May 2014 09:07

If the current ownership situation is not resolved in the next couple of weeks or so we may enter administration. This is a fact. HMRC will probably go to court to seek a winding up order soon over late payment of tax.

So is it about time that supporters formed a group where we could contribute finance in case we are needed. People could join if they could pledge a minimum amount. Perhaps we could at least look at raising finance to protect Cat 1 status and build a new training ground.

We need to actually start talking about forming a group. I am overseas but back for the summer perhaps we could meet?

Royal Monk

Re: Start a fans Trust in case of administration

by Royal Monk » 25 May 2014 11:50

perhaps we could meet?

I know enough people that are twats so dont need to meet another one ,but thanks anyway

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 May 2014 19:42

It's a nice ideas, but unless you are looking at putting a figure approaching 7 figures in then it's not going to happen. Trying to get 10,000 people to throw in £100 would be impossible, and still not raise a sum that would really make any difference.

We've got some wealthy fans, you'd need to persuade them to underwrite any fundraising and given none have come forward so far I suspect they prefer to remain wealthy....

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 25 May 2014 23:40

I don't get why these sorts of suggestions get dismissed out of hand. I asked something similar a while ago. Surely if some of us could put in some money it may help if things start to unravel. Yes, I accept we may not be able to put in enough each to cover everything but would you all be prepared to sit idly by and watch this club go under?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 May 2014 09:56

Nameless It's a nice ideas, but unless you are looking at putting a figure approaching 7 figures in then it's not going to happen. Trying to get 10,000 people to throw in £100 would be impossible, and still not raise a sum that would really make any difference.

We've got some wealthy fans, you'd need to persuade them to underwrite any fundraising and given none have come forward so far I suspect they prefer to remain wealthy....

Ok I'll run it.....if as many as possible of you want to start sending me your £100's........

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 May 2014 10:14

harry I don't get why these sorts of suggestions get dismissed out of hand. I asked something similar a while ago. Surely if some of us could put in some money it may help if things start to unravel. Yes, I accept we may not be able to put in enough each to cover everything but would you all be prepared to sit idly by and watch this club go under?

You answer your own question. Some of us putting in a few quid would make no difference at all. You would need every season ticket holder to give the same as they have already paid for their ST just to cover the tax bill !

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 27 May 2014 12:35

STAR is supposed to be there for just this eventuality, However their current budget probably won't stretch to much more than setting up a Sunday League side to transfer the club name over to (assuming that gets re-assigned by the league).

Having said that, there are millionaires in Reading who want nothing to do with the current Reading FC business and price of buying in (all the debt) who may be tempted to buy the club name/assets and start a new business with if it goes under, So maybe that's something someone could look into.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 27 May 2014 15:30

You're right that STAR doesn't have the funds to keep the likes of Pog going for very long. Indeed it's most unlikely we'd choose to use them for that.

But there are funds there that, if it ever came to the situation suggested, could, in my opinion, be used to pump-prime a campaign.

STAR might also be viewed as a safer and more accountable place to hold any funds raised rather than a random nobber's bank account.

I would say this, of course, but there's no need to start a fans' trust. We have one. You can influence it, use it, help it.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 27 May 2014 16:23

Que all the anti Star mongaloids .... :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2014 17:36

starliaison You're right that STAR doesn't have the funds to keep the likes of Pog going for very long. Indeed it's most unlikely we'd choose to use them for that.

But there are funds there that, if it ever came to the situation suggested, could, in my opinion, be used to pump-prime a campaign.

STAR might also be viewed as a safer and more accountable place to hold any funds raised rather than a random nobber's bank account.

I would say this, of course, but there's no need to start a fans' trust. We have one. You can influence it, use it, help it.

Well I'd be IN! Although I don't have a lot of money - but Schards was only saying the other day that something like this should be done if the need arises. You can count on us if necessary.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 28 May 2014 10:39

starliaison You're right that STAR doesn't have the funds to keep the likes of Pog going for very long. Indeed it's most unlikely we'd choose to use them for that.

What is Stars formal position on the takeover - are you be kept in the loop as the voice of supporters?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 28 May 2014 11:34

Only one Trevor Morley

What is Stars formal position on the takeover - are you be kept in the loop as the voice of supporters?

Not so much. Our last formal statement is on our website but dates from Dec / Jan. Obviously we want to see the situation resolved positively and soon as possible with significant new investment on board that enables the club to progress whilst respecting its traditions and actively engaging with its supporters.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 May 2014 11:42

starliaison
Only one Trevor Morley

Not so much. Our last formal statement is on our website but dates from Dec / Jan. Obviously we want to see the situation resolved positively and soon as possible with significant new investment on board that enables the club to progress whilst respecting its traditions and actively engaging with its supporters.

AZ never meeting with STAR was some indication as to the man himself I'd say - so let's hope if we get a new buyer that they'll be rather more keen to interact with the voice of the supporters.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 May 2014 15:49

Royal Lady so let's hope if we get a new buyer that they'll be rather more keen to interact with the voice of the supporters.

I'm sure he'll have you on speed dial ASAP.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 May 2014 16:38

Platypuss
Royal Lady so let's hope if we get a new buyer that they'll be rather more keen to interact with the voice of the supporters.

I'm sure he'll have you on speed dial ASAP.

Ho ho.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 29 May 2014 19:36

And why would we give the club money? Clubs like Pompey have operated with debts x5 greater than ours and are still around....

We go into admin, sell some players, give back 10p/£1 and go again....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 May 2014 22:48

The barsteward Samuelson is apparently being paid £20K per month to help run the club. STAR should be tracking him down (we are told that he spends a lot of time at the club) and demanding a few answers. I know that is not their style but what is there to lose? In the meantime, I would hope they don't let even a penny of their funds go near the club until someone from the board gives them the respect that they and the supporters deserve and start talking to/taking them seriously.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2014 00:53

No point pissing our money away on RFC charitable donations until much much further down the lien. Anything we added would be meaningless at this stage. And I'd be just as happy not contributing to the pockets of the people who got us here.

The time to do it is if all the debts get wiped by a CVA and the club's on offer for peanuts. Even then that would almost certainly have to be at a much lower level than we're currently operating at. So it's probably a couple of Administrations away.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Jun 2014 08:56

Ian Royal No point pissing our money away on RFC charitable donations until much much further down the lien. Anything we added would be meaningless at this stage. And I'd be just as happy not contributing to the pockets of the people who got us here.

The time to do it is if all the debts get wiped by a CVA and the club's on offer for peanuts. Even then that would almost certainly have to be at a much lower level than we're currently operating at. So it's probably a couple of Administrations away.

I presumed that is what was meant in the OP -that if we get to a point where we are desperate for money to keep the club going, then we start this Trust.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 02 Jun 2014 11:44

RoyalBlue The barsteward Samuelson is apparently being paid £20K per month to help run the club.
You can probably hire a hit man for £10k to remove that cost with payback in 2 weeks.... it would probably help with negotiations too and the new owner will recognise STAR as an organisation not to take lightly, question is, Do the STAR funds stretch that far? - Obviously I'm only joking and as I'm not a current STAR member that means I have no part to play in this should it actually happen.