Start a fans Trust in case of administration

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Start a fans Trust in case of administration

by STAR Liaison » 19 Jun 2014 10:59

To RB above ^^^.

A separate thread on this forum addressed the issue of supporters vetoing changes to the club's image. Only 7 people (incl RB) replied.

STAR has a Kit Policy (see website) stating our belief in what the kit should be. I thought somewhere in aims, objectives, beliefs etc we asserted the name of the club to be Reading FC always but I can't find it. I will raise this at the next board meeting. Incidentally in our last season in the Prem we were the only club still to be playing under its original name in its original colours so these are points of distinction.

A plan in case of admin? Could frighten the horses unnecessarily if we'd announced one in the last year. But, yes, we should be able to tell you that we have a plan that says 'in the event of X our first moves are to Y and contact Z, A, B and C who are rich.'

As you say we have no financial leverage but we can and do influence public opinion and the media. We can do it better. And we can do it more authoritatively the more that our fans participate, communicate with and influence us. It's not just STAR that needs to up its game.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Jun 2014 11:01

Green
starliaison
westendgirl http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/on-being-a-supporter-owned-club-1582825.aspx

An interesting read, especially the last paragraph - So how should it feel being a supporter of a fan owned club?

Thanks for bringing this to attention. All admirable stuff.
However last time I looked at Exeter City fan sites (3 months ago?) all was not sweetness and light between the Club and Trust boards.

+1 - it's an interesting read.

But all ultimately a moot point. Unless you somehow accept the premise that fans get exponentially richer as you progress up the football league pyramid then it's not really scalable, and even at our fairly modest level we're beyond the fan buyout point really - even all the IT consultants in Bracknell aren't gonna change that.

We hear the point very well. However there may be a better middle ground. The arrangements at Swansea?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Jun 2014 13:26

starliaison To RB above ^^^.

A separate thread on this forum addressed the issue of supporters vetoing changes to the club's image. Only 7 people (incl RB) replied.

STAR has a Kit Policy (see website) stating our belief in what the kit should be. I thought somewhere in aims, objectives, beliefs etc we asserted the name of the club to be Reading FC always but I can't find it. I will raise this at the next board meeting. Incidentally in our last season in the Prem we were the only club still to be playing under its original name in its original colours so these are points of distinction.

A plan in case of admin? Could frighten the horses unnecessarily if we'd announced one in the last year. But, yes, we should be able to tell you that we have a plan that says 'in the event of X our first moves are to Y and contact Z, A, B and C who are rich.'

As you say we have no financial leverage but we can and do influence public opinion and the media. We can do it better. And we can do it more authoritatively the more that our fans participate, communicate with and influence us. It's not just STAR that needs to up its game.

Interesting because you have hundreds of fans commenting on twitter, and a fantastic site in The Tilehurst End that could be utilised by STAR. I've not seen a single thing about STAR on twitter, other than the piece on TTE.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Jun 2014 14:25

starliaison Only 7 people (incl RB) replied.

Pretty damning.

I very much welcome STAR returning to the fold but you have to question whether having their own sub forum was the correct decision. Have you seen some of the rubbish that makes 50 or more pages on the team board?

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 20 Jun 2014 22:28

Credit where it's due STAR this is the first time I've ever seen the organisation open up.

In my opinion the main reason why people don't like STAR is they feel it's a clique that exists to serve its own agenda. It's not representative of the majority of the RFC fan base.

My advice would be to be more transparent. Appear on twitter, HNA etc and ask people's opinion. Take that opinion and deliver it to the club with out fear of p*ssing them off. We are the clubs customers so we do hold power.

As I said I've certainly warmed slightly to Star and I hope it carries on.