STAR response to take-over news

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

STAR response to take-over news

by STAR Liaison » 22 Sep 2014 15:47

This statement appeared on the STAR website over the weekend in response to the news late on Friday 19th Sept confirming the take-over of Reading FC.

"We welcome the new consortium to Reading and wish them joy and success during their stewardship of our club. Reading FC has been in the top 30 clubs in England over the past decade and probably among the top 200 in Europe. The club should be regarded as a valuable sporting asset which it would be a privilege to guide through the next phase of its long history.

A professional football club is nothing without its local supporters. We bring much love and respect for the club, as well as a fair bit of gate money, and we look to the directors to bring their own money and some love and respect too. This too is a partnership; this one is between parties with different abilities, assets and perspectives.

We, at STAR, look forward to meeting members of the consortium at the earliest possible opportunity to discuss both our visions for the future of the club. Despite several requests we never actually met with Anton Zingarevich and this fact created an uncomfortable situation from the start. This time round we would like have a positive dialogue from the outset and help to unlock the potential of Reading FC for both its new guardians and its many supporters.

STAR would also like to thank Sir John Madejski publicly both for his perseverance over this last difficult year and also for his ‘stewardship’, as he himself called it, of our club over the past generation. He has made an immensely significant and hopefully durable improvement to its condition. We hope that he continues to enjoy watching the fruits of his labour for many years."

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: STAR response to take-over news

by Sutekh » 23 Sep 2014 12:38

Thanks, could you ask if they would be open to the idea of a Fan's Forum - perhaps a mixed forum with one half related to the board and the second half related to players/ex players or perhaps Tim Dellor and Mick Gooding... :D

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 23 Sep 2014 17:16

Probably best to let them get their feet under the table first and see if they are willing to build a relationship with STAR before expecting them to put their selves in the firing line for questions in a foreign language from a room full of Reading fans of mixed IQ levels moaning about everything from the price of pies to transfer budgets.

SJM was very outspoken and not at all media shy, Perhaps the new owners will prefer to keep their selves to their selves - As long as they go about things the right way I don't mind if I don't see or hear from them again.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Oct 2014 13:14

So just over a month since the official annoucement are STAR any closer to meeting our new overlords?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Oct 2014 15:36

WoodleyRoyal So just over a month since the official annoucement are STAR any closer to meeting our new overlords?

Marginally.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Oct 2014 15:44

:| whats the hold up then? have you requested meetings and the club declined? This must be very frustrating for STAR that another set of new owners are refusing to believe you exsist

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Oct 2014 16:01

I think we're in a queue.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2014 13:50

Since the take over completed there's been nothing from the club or our new masters about them, who they are what their plans are (both on and off the field) how hands on they are etc. apart from a hasty piece of PR and a JM fronted interview with Srivikorn.

Think we all would appreciate something being organised somewhere in the public domain where they can be a little more substantial and put their side and intent clearly.

So who is ahead of STAR in the queue then, would have thought board members of the supporters club/trust would be the first group outside of players, staff and management that they would meet with.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 07 Nov 2014 10:49

Yes - a signal / statement of intent would be appreciated.

I think / guess there are people within the club waiting for introductions. If these guys are running businesses on the other side of the world they are, regrettably, not at our beck and call.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 Nov 2014 16:18

starliaison probably among the top 200 in Europe

Seems rather punchy - how's this calculated?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Nov 2014 16:30

Green
starliaison probably among the top 200 in Europe

Seems rather punchy - how's this calculated?

It's a qualitative estimate based on a mix of league position, strength of league, attendances, academy status and number of international players - over a three year period.

If Strap's not too busy perhaps he'd do the exact calculation. :lol:

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Nov 2014 14:55

Would make for a good question on Pointless I reckon. "Name a top 200 European side according to X,Y and Z"

Reading surely a good shout at a pointless answer :)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Nov 2014 15:04

Nice to see you and STAR getting along, Green.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Nov 2014 16:11

Open and honest dialogue was all I was ever after, Pepe.

The old regime and its "your opinions don't always agree with us so we're closing all communications with the board" attitude is seemingly long gone.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Nov 2014 16:22

It did occur to me this latest "starliason" is authored by an old time (but recently disgraced) member of the forum, not that I'm claiming to be ITK.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 28 Nov 2014 14:41

Green It did occur to me this latest "starliason" is authored by an old time (but recently disgraced) member of the forum, not that I'm claiming to be ITK.

Dirkers? :lol:

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Nov 2014 16:25

LWJ
Green It did occur to me this latest "starliason" is authored by an old time (but recently disgraced) member of the forum, not that I'm claiming to be ITK.

Dirkers? :lol:

No it isn't Dirk as he is not involved in the running of STAR now.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Dec 2014 09:11

I believe it is an ex-nobber - I thought it was Chef - but I'm not so sure now.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Dec 2014 12:08

Jay?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Jun 2015 12:12

WoodleyRoyal So just over a month since the official annoucement are STAR any closer to meeting our new overlords?

any update on this? 9 months is a long time to be a queue is it not?