How long till I hear from STAR?

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Farnborough Royal

How long till I hear from STAR?

by Farnborough Royal » 04 Aug 2006 22:50

I sent off my STAR membership form on monday and still have nothing back :? Any idea how long it will take?

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 05 Aug 2006 10:33

No worries, it arrived this morning :D

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 05 Aug 2006 13:24

Farnborough Royal No worries, it arrived this morning :D

I am glad it has been dealt with so swiftly - but can I ask why you asked the question only 4 days after you sent the form? That is only just long enough for the post to cope.

We do try to run STAR on a professional basis but do not forget that everyone working for STAR does so in their own time. We do not pay anyone for their efforts and so we all have many other claims on our time such as work and family and football and so expecting an immediate turnaround in an application is a little unworldly.

That is one reason why we ask for volunteers for some tasks during the year and so far despite having over 2000 members we are lucky if we get 1% offering help. Maybe you are one who has helped, but if not please think about offering help as without members giving their time STAR would not achieve anything at all.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How long till I hear from STAR?

by DelBoyRodders » 05 Aug 2006 14:12

Farnborough Royal I sent off my STAR membership form on monday and still have nothing back :? Any idea how long it will take?

Are you serious? :shock:

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 05 Aug 2006 15:13

starliaison
Farnborough Royal No worries, it arrived this morning :D

I am glad it has been dealt with so swiftly - but can I ask why you asked the question only 4 days after you sent the form? That is only just long enough for the post to cope.

We do try to run STAR on a professional basis but do not forget that everyone working for STAR does so in their own time. We do not pay anyone for their efforts and so we all have many other claims on our time such as work and family and football and so expecting an immediate turnaround in an application is a little unworldly.

That is one reason why we ask for volunteers for some tasks during the year and so far despite having over 2000 members we are lucky if we get 1% offering help. Maybe you are one who has helped, but if not please think about offering help as without members giving their time STAR would not achieve anything at all.

i guess i'm in the 1% then - i've offered to help with getting free/discount print for flyers etc but haven't back as yet...

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 05 Aug 2006 16:13

I posted mine in june, and havent had anything back.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 05 Aug 2006 18:44

The_Cat I posted mine in june, and havent had anything back.

You should have received your new membership card now as we had an evening the last week in July sending out cards and we sent a card to every renewal/new membership received by then. Can you send a mail to info@star-reading.org with your name and address so that we can check with the membership secretary?

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 07 Aug 2006 21:07

starliaison
The_Cat I posted mine in june, and havent had anything back.

You should have received your new membership card now as we had an evening the last week in July sending out cards and we sent a card to every renewal/new membership received by then. Can you send a mail to info@star-reading.org with your name and address so that we can check with the membership secretary?
That didn't help. They said they didn't recive the application and i've checked but the £5 cheque to STAR was cashed on 07/07/06.
Last edited by The_Cat on 09 Aug 2006 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 08 Aug 2006 12:46

I've had to resend my application because it seems you never recieved according to yuor secrety, so how long will it be before I recieve anything back now?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Aug 2006 12:56

The_Cat I've had to resend my application because it seems you never recieved according to yuor secrety, so how long will it be before I recieve anything back now?

If it was filled out in the same language as this post it is hardly surprising it is not shown as having been received. I thought the applications were all supposed to be done in English? What is a secrety? (oh yes, and it is i before e except after c, and ou not uo - if that helps the translation).

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 08 Aug 2006 13:32

The_Cat I've had to resend my application because it seems you never recieved according to yuor secrety, so how long will it be before I recieve anything back now?

Applications are dealt with on a daily basis. So as soon as I receive it I will process it, after that it is in the hands of the Royal Mail. :)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Jul 2010 14:25

Considering that this Board is for STAR related matters, how come they very rarely post anything? A very small number of threads on here are actually started by them.

Davyc

by Davyc » 09 Aug 2010 12:37

I still havnt heard anything back from them. could it take longer because i live in ireland?

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 11 Aug 2010 13:08

I have processed your membership, it is on its way as I write this reply. :)

Davyc

by Davyc » 12 Aug 2010 00:23

ah cheers! thank you

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1