Ade Williams

Pandoras Box

Re: Ade Williams

by Pandoras Box » 11 Aug 2013 20:46

Nope - I've spoken to the bloke and heard him say his own name in an interview - and he said Le Fondre.
As I said - even in fookin' french it would not be le fondrez.So where would it come from ?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 11 Aug 2013 20:57

Pandoras Box Nope - I've spoken to the bloke and heard him say his own name in an interview - and he said Le Fondre.
As I said - even in fookin' french it would not be le fondrez.So where would it come from ?

Maybe from Birmenhum or from Nottenhum?

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 11 Aug 2013 21:01

True-ay

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Aug 2013 08:26

Couldn't believe last week he was having a rant about people calling the Premier League 'The Premiership' when he can't even say Berkshire (Barkshear) or radio (aradio) right!

I also hate people calling it 'The Premiership'. It's been six years since it's been called that ffs!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Apr 2014 11:29

if its not barkshear, what is it?

bark shyre?
bark cher?
bark shure?

im lost. please help

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Apr 2014 18:48

Bark Sher

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Apr 2014 16:43

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Apr 2014 16:47

apparently it used to be b erk sher
but changed to bark sher during th egreat british vowel shift

its also a good example of the neutral vowel sound in english called a ‘schwa’.

every day is a school day

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 26 Dec 2014 17:41

I can't believe Adie is still surprised we can't defend......his negativity is getting boring.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Jan 2015 14:39

I have to say I'm a bit surprised / disappointed at AW's lack of knowledge of the Academy products.

Stacey has been on the bench enough this season that he really should know something about him but he recently confessed on BBCRB that he had no idea what position he played. (Neither did Mick Gooding as it happens.)

And today when talking about Samuel and Tshibola going out on loan he said "shouldn't these be the players staying around putting pressure on the strikers..." - suggesting he has similarly bugger all knowledge of where Tshibola plays.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Jan 2015 18:12

Royal Rother I have to say I'm a bit surprised / disappointed at AW's lack of knowledge of the Academy products.

Stacey has been on the bench enough this season that he really should know something about him but he recently confessed on BBCRB that he had no idea what position he played. (Neither did Mick Gooding as it happens.)

And today when talking about Samuel and Tshibola going out on loan he said "shouldn't these be the players staying around putting pressure on the strikers..." - suggesting he has similarly bugger all knowledge of where Tshibola plays.

Maybe he needs to start following the under14's on twatter like certain nobbers do.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Jan 2015 19:55

Not sure what that's about but he's an ex RFC player, claims to be a supporter, his job involves reporting on the club - the fact that he knows bugger all about the club's own youngsters who are within touching distance of the 1st team is actually really really shite.

You'd have thought he'd have known all (well, at least SOMETHING) about them as they came through the Academy. The main SOMETHING being what position they played.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Feb 2015 17:57

Mmmm, also heard him make reference to Mick Gooding about our 4-3 comeback win v Plymouth in 1985, suggesting that he would remember it........ memorable as it was, Mick Gooding didn't join us until 1989.

Still, who cares, rather him than some talksquawk wannabe.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Feb 2015 18:06

Yeah for sure, he's ok in my book too, but I do find it surprising and disappointing....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Feb 2015 18:57

AthleticoSpizz Mmmm, also heard him make reference to Mick Gooding about our 4-3 comeback win v Plymouth in 1985, suggesting that he would remember it........ memorable as it was, Mick Gooding didn't join us until 1989.

Assumed it was the usual "joke" about Gooding's age.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 01 Feb 2015 19:55

Royal Rother Not sure what that's about but he's an ex RFC player, claims to be a supporter, his job involves reporting on the club - the fact that he knows bugger all about the club's own youngsters who are within touching distance of the 1st team is actually really really shite.

You'd have thought he'd have known all (well, at least SOMETHING) about them as they came through the Academy. The main SOMETHING being what position they played.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I don't think it's unreasonable. Didn't hear the Stacey one but heard the Tshibola one on way to Mad Stad yesterday. Given a number of u18 & u21 games were on TV last season and several were at the Mad Stad including the Cup Final we won it isn't that hard to know about them. Plenty on the interweb including here, Tilehurst End, etc.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Feb 2015 20:22

sandman
AthleticoSpizz Mmmm, also heard him make reference to Mick Gooding about our 4-3 comeback win v Plymouth in 1985, suggesting that he would remember it........ memorable as it was, Mick Gooding didn't join us until 1989.

Wow really?....the side-splitting humour of that whole 4 year difference was sure wasted on me....and evidently Mick

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Feb 2015 20:27

AthleticoSpizz
sandman

Wow really?....the side-splitting humour of that whole 4 year difference was sure wasted on me....and evidently Mick

That's because it's not funny yet Timmy and Ady think it's hilarious.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Apr 2015 09:14

Royal Rother I have to say I'm a bit surprised / disappointed at AW's lack of knowledge of the Academy products.

3 months on and discussing our options last night he still believes that Tishibola (sic) is a striker.

:x

download

by download » 10 Nov 2015 22:24

Just wanted to say that for a long time he didn't really bother me one way or another, but I am now switching off the radio when he is on. He seems to be developing a role of taking a bit of antsy position just for the hell of it, with Tim and the "Reading Legend" Mick Gooding, who seem to put up with him. I'm also fed up hearing about how many Tweats he has received and that its gone mad. It's just wearing a bit thin now.