BBCRB financial experts

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BBCRB financial experts

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 10:07

Hugely disappointed with the comments from the team last night, before, during, and after the game on the club finances.especially from two ex players i have huge respect for.
some very thinly veiled accusations about JM pocketing cash-which up to the last set of accounts published is clearly nonsense.

it only takes a minute to read the articles on the finances that star/the club have provided, they all make sense, they are all published and out there to see.

how many years have you lot been following the club? clearly we are not in the business of announcing our targets before we buy, we arer not in the habit of splurging cash simply cos we suddenly got 7 million in, and the crowd start getting restless. we spendmonths or years scouting players, we think about what is needed in the squad, and what is coming through the academy, then we buy. we dont, and wont just spend for the sake of it.and bloody right too.

i though dellor would have learned his lesson after the debacle where he started slagging off the club due to the hotel finances, and ended up having to apologise for talking out of his arse the very next week.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BBCRB financial experts

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2011 10:07

TBF Geordie has managed the team and knows the ins and outs of running the club rather better than any of us do. Maybe he was thinking back to when he was Manager. Or something. And it's uncanny that he and Tim have felt the same as some of us on here have. Maybe clearer explanations within the published accounts would help. Like, how much brought in on player sales, how much spent on player wages, etc. (rather than "salaries" as a whole).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2011 10:46

Royal Lady TBF Geordie has managed the team and knows the ins and outs of running the club rather better than any of us do. Maybe he was thinking back to when he was Manager. Or something. And it's uncanny that he and Tim have felt the same as some of us on here have. Maybe clearer explanations within the published accounts would help. Like, how much brought in on player sales, how much spent on player wages, etc. (rather than "salaries" as a whole).

yeah, its strange 1 bunch of uninformed people, felt exactly the same way as another bunch of uninformed people.

its not the questioning i minded RL. its good to question these things. but it was the total ignorance of teh accounts, and insinuations of sinister plots that i minded. mainly that last bit.

not to mention that dellor has already tried your hotel nonsense last year, ranting off about it, before coming back teh next week and havcing to apologise, and say he got it totally wrong.

Pete10

by Pete10 » 04 Sep 2011 22:21

Spend some money .

Pete10

by Pete10 » 04 Sep 2011 22:23

brendywendy
Royal Lady TBF Geordie has managed the team and knows the ins and outs of running the club rather better than any of us do. Maybe he was thinking back to when he was Manager. Or something. And it's uncanny that he and Tim have felt the same as some of us on here have. Maybe clearer explanations within the published accounts would help. Like, how much brought in on player sales, how much spent on player wages, etc. (rather than "salaries" as a whole).

yeah, its strange 1 bunch of uninformed people, felt exactly the same way as another bunch of uninformed people.

its not the questioning i minded RL. its good to question these things. but it was the total ignorance of teh accounts, and insinuations of sinister plots that i minded. mainly that last bit.

not to mention that dellor has already tried your hotel nonsense last year, ranting off about it, before coming back teh next week and havcing to apologise, and say he got it totally wrong.

Are you the son of the chairman .Or are you him .

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Sep 2011 10:24

im not sure how that works RL since when they were both involved with reading, JM was pumping loads of cash in to try and get us higher up the leagues.
but yeah. uncanny. :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Sep 2011 10:25

Pete10
brendywendy

Are you the son of the chairman .Or are you him .

yes. i am he

bow and tremble before me.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Sep 2011 16:47

And accountants get very well paid to do what they do. Think about it people. Think about it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Sep 2011 22:21

brendywendy

I would suggest that Mick Gooding is very well informed (far better than you, unless you are the massive Ego or his accountant) as to what the Chairman is really like, the approach he takes to managing the finances of the club and the pressures that puts on the manager.

And it really is laughable the way that people keep going on about the published accounts telling the full story ' the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'. The accounts tell a story and the same story can probably be presented in several ways, each truthful but each with a different slant/approach.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 15:40

gooding and williams were both involved in JM teams that spent alot of money for their level. so the fact that they whinged about how the the chairman did his business back then, and continue to whinge now purely proves that footballers/managers are probably not the best people to be making all the financial decisions.

money can be moved around teh accounts, and "hidden" in some circumstances. it cant be lied about without it being highlighted, and that money cant remain hdden forever. it must come out in the accounts somewhere.

it is a FACT though that despite their, or your,insinuations about"we all know here the moneys gone"
neither of you do.clearly.
JM hasnt taken a penny either from the loans he is entitled to, nor is he secretly thieving it from the club.

your belief in this conspiracy theory is no less laughable than that of those who believe the moon landings are nonsense

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 Sep 2011 08:52

Bendy, would you accept that, in general, the likes of Mick Gooding and Adie Williams will know far more about what's going on at the club than the average fan such as yourself?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Sep 2011 09:10

Schards#2 Bendy, would you accept that, in general, the likes of Mick Gooding and Adie Williams will know far more about what's going on at the club than the average fan such as yourself?

Don't do it Brendy, it's a trap!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Sep 2011 10:57

Schards#2 Bendy, would you accept that, in general, the likes of Mick Gooding and Adie Williams will know far more about what's going on at the club than the average fan such as yourself?

everyone knows more than me schards, obviously. :roll:
but id challenge the assumption that just cos they hang about the place on matchdays that they know whats going on in the accounts. since theyve clearly never read them.
and they obviousy cant even remember what it was like when they themselves were at the club, cos we spent big in those days, at that level, no matter how much they want to whinge about it.

are you saying that they know more than JM, BMcD,NH and NH? :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Sep 2011 11:35

brendywendy and they obviousy cant even remember what it was like when they themselves were at the club, cos we spent big in those days, at that level, no matter how much they want to whinge about it.

I'm not sure that's quite how Gooding would remember 1995/96, 1996/97 and 1997/8...!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Sep 2011 14:15

the key point is that the vast majority of fans, players, managers and player/managers would prefer more money to spend on the team.
but if you left the decisions purely up to them we'd be bankrupt in a month.

we have spent significant sums in the past, while trying to get out of lower leagues, and well above many of our competitors.
there may have been seasons where we didnt, but that was probably more to do with overspending on shit players in the seasons before that rather than JM just being tight.
and regardless of how tight he is, its his money, he can do what he likes within the law.

and its the insinuation that there was stuff going on outside of the law that i am( endlessly )whingeing about

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 13 Sep 2011 15:40

Look schards, leave Bendy alone. He knows his stuff, Williams and Gooding don't have any contacts or conversations with people at RFC anymore so what do they know! I trust Bendy, besides he's usually spot on - ok, he's a bit thick and doesn't grasp irony but generally he's a good egg. Shame we can't get to say so to his face becasue it's usually up SJM's backside....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Sep 2011 15:43

yeah!

oh hang on.

NO!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2011 17:57

Hi
his is my first post on the radio berks section of this forum, and i feel i must use it to offer my support to brendywendy on this matter. etc. etc.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2011 14:18

melonhead Hi
his is my first post on the radio berks section of this forum, and i feel i must use it to offer my support to brendywendy on this matter. etc. etc.

If you're having to use another name in which to agree with yourself, you know you're losing the argument. :wink:

Moderator 5

by Moderator 5 » 19 Sep 2011 14:18

Royal Lady
melonhead Hi

If you're having to use another name in which to agree with yourself, you know you're losing the argument. :wink:

I agree. :wink: