Graeme Murty on Monday mornings

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Graeme Murty on Monday mornings

by Wax Jacket » 25 Feb 2008 09:23

MUCH better today although Murts was still his earnest humourless self - maybe they should move it to another day of the week when he's got over the defeat?

good to hear a chat with a footballer that focusses on the football and not on prams or what song Mrs Murty's class are singing today, so well done to Sarah Walker for being mroe man than Peach.

Suzanne Courtney is still an inane bint though.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Feb 2008 10:11

I notice they only permitted two calls, both from positively minded women. Fair enough I suppose, there's nothing to be gained by someone ranting at our captain live on air. I'm glad one of the women gave him credit for coming on, after 8 straight losses, I can't imagine many premiership players would.

And that's why I love Murty as a footballing role model, a really genuine guy who hasn't let his stint in the Premeirship go to his had and has, indeed, used his sudden celebrity entirely for good with all manner of charity work and work in the community. He is so far removed from the arrogant ignorant prima donnas that generally populate the Premiership and whatever happens for the rest of this season and for the rest of his career, I will always have the highest regard for Murty as a genuine honest player, a worthy captain and a wonderful human being. I've never met the guy but one day would like to shake him by the hand. He's the sort of role model all young players should aspire to.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2008 10:25

Schards#2 I notice they only permitted two calls, both from positively minded women. Fair enough I suppose, there's nothing to be gained by someone ranting at our captain live on air. I'm glad one of the women gave him credit for coming on, after 8 straight losses, I can't imagine many premiership players would.

And that's why I love Murty as a footballing role model, a really genuine guy who hasn't let his stint in the Premeirship go to his had and has, indeed, used his sudden celebrity entirely for good with all manner of charity work and work in the community. He is so far removed from the arrogant ignorant prima donnas that generally populate the Premiership and whatever happens for the rest of this season and for the rest of his career, I will always have the highest regard for Murty as a genuine honest player, a worthy captain and a wonderful human being. I've never met the guy but one day would like to shake him by the hand. He's the sort of role model all young players should aspire to.

:shock: You've calmed down a bit since yesterday, dear! :wink:

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 25 Feb 2008 11:37

don't get me wrong - I also love Murts and agree that for the last 3 or 4 years he's been the ultimate representation of a club that we can all feel tries to do things 'the right way', and of course as a footballer to have worked his way through the leagues and be comfortable at Premiership level - I just think it's a very tough listen on a Monday morning when Reading have lost!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Feb 2008 17:28

Totally agree with the praise of both Murty and the lass who was presenting this morning.

I think she pushed his buttons a bit and asked him uncomfortable questions which he didn't enjoy, but good for her.

As much as I love Murty there does come a time when the awkward questions have to be asked and the standard cliched answers just don't carry much water.

Well done both though.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Feb 2008 17:52

I think you've both put your finger on what the problem is - it's Peach!

All he can do is come out with shallow platitudes, and he never approaches anything in any detail or depth - so superficial he'd get out of his depth in a puddle!

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 26 Feb 2008 09:13

Dirk Gently I think you've both put your finger on what the problem is - it's Peach!

All he can do is come out with shallow platitudes, and he never approaches anything in any detail or depth - so superficial he'd get out of his depth in a puddle!

He's also a Villa fan, so it's a good job he was off yesterday.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 26 Feb 2008 10:19

anyone else hate the way he says "OK"?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Feb 2008 10:44

Wax Jacket anyone else hate the way he says "OK"?

Oh yes. And also the way he says "That's very interesting" when he's either just about to abruptly end the item or he's completely failed to understand what's been said to him.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Mar 2008 11:45

AthleticoSpizz
However, I do not recall such critisism of presenter nor player (and his wife) over something so innoculous as a morning slot on a "bluerinse" local radio station this time last year.

Maybe because it was so much better last year perhaps, even if we lost? Don't get me wrong I enjoy listening to the feature, but I simply don't bother anymore after a defeat as Murty has nothing interesting to say.

It doesn't help though that you can only ever listen again to the previous day's show. It always used to be the case that you could listen again to any show from the week, like with the national radio shows, any reason this has changed?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 May 2008 14:22

Felt for the guy this morning, and his wife who sounded like she going to break down in tears live on air.

I thought Michelle and Steve (both nobbers I believe) did well in the fans panel but that gobby, opinionated baggage they had on was a bit of a waste of time. Just another pissed of fan running off at the mouth.

I really hope Murty's still a part of the club next year, he's a top man and a genuine role model and everything a professional footballer should but but sadly 99% aren't.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 12 May 2008 14:32

Schards#2 Felt for the guy this morning, and his wife who sounded like she going to break down in tears live on air.

I thought Michelle and Steve (both nobbers I believe) did well in the fans panel but that gobby, opinionated baggage they had on was a bit of a waste of time. Just another pissed of fan running off at the mouth.

I really hope Murty's still a part of the club next year, he's a top man and a genuine role model and everything a professional footballer should but but sadly 99% aren't.

I've agreed with everything you've said this morning Schards. Voice of the people.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 May 2008 15:57

at 9.30 ish a bloke came on a started saying how much he appreciated what he'd done,and what a great captain he has been, and said we need and want him to stay desperately, and murts wife had to answer the 1st part of the question as murts was incapacitated by the emotion of it all, and only managed a choked thanks after that.and only after his mum had told him to get himself together

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 May 2008 16:03

crossie I've agreed with everything you've said this morning Schards. Voice of the people.

Dont get obsessed

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 12 May 2008 17:57

I'm pretty philosophical about relegations; they are generally part and parcel of your experiences as a football fan.

However, being in the BBCRB studio this morning as Murts started talking about how he felt, how totally dejected he and everybody else associated with the club was, and how lucky he was having the support of his wife and family, whilst his wife was standing up listening to him weeping tears of genuine sadness and sorrow for his pain was one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced as a football fan, and bought home the enormity of yesterdays results for a number of the most genuine, down to earth and honest people you are ever going to meet.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 12 May 2008 22:08

Mr Angry I'm pretty philosophical about relegations; they are generally part and parcel of your experiences as a football fan.

However, being in the BBCRB studio this morning as Murts started talking about how he felt, how totally dejected he and everybody else associated with the club was, and how lucky he was having the support of his wife and family, whilst his wife was standing up listening to him weeping tears of genuine sadness and sorrow for his pain was one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced as a football fan, and bought home the enormity of yesterdays results for a number of the most genuine, down to earth and honest people you are ever going to meet.

I've just listened to this on the "listen again" facility - as I live well outside the BBCRB transmission area.
Yesterday at Derby and all day at work today (with a Fulham fan working for me) I managed to keep it together.
Listening to Murts just now has really finished me off. I guess yesterday was his very last Premier League match, and he knows it.
All credit to him for even turning up at the studio this morning.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 12 May 2008 22:36

I only get to listen to the show for about 25 minutes when driving to work, but....

...I recall years ago when I first listened to Radio Berkshire, when I owned a crappy Fiesta that couldn't pick up any other station because some Southend fan had snapped my aerial off, and when I listened in then the morning show seemed to consist of going over to a pensioner called Fred in Wantage who'd detail an interesting cloud he'd seen that morning, or perhaps repeating how his grandmother told him that if milk curdled on a Tuesday then it meant bad luck. Essentially it felt like it was a charity helping lonely people have their only conversation of the week.

I've also listened in a few times on other days, usually when stuck in a traffic jam awaiting the traffic report, and while it doesn't quite seem to solely consist of outside broadcasts at village fetes where the vicar's wife has baken some lovely cakes so much any more, very little has made me want to listen in by choice barring Murty's piece.

OK, there is that one female presenter with a very sexy husky voice, but apart from that...

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 12 May 2008 22:57

M U R T Y

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 May 2008 00:16

Rev Algenon Stickleback H OK, there is that one female presenter with a very sexy husky voice, but apart from that...

That'll be sooooooz. And it is sexy :P

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 22 Jul 2008 09:42

Is he coming back? Or have I just missed him?