Catering outside Stadium

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Catering outside Stadium

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Aug 2022 22:25

Elm Park Kid
paultheroyal The other thing i would questions is does the pizza man actually make money. its a slow process to order, prepare, cook, cut and take..... he cant shift that many in a 15 minute window and so many people walk away because of the queues.

Yeah, there was this 'craft pizza' truck at a festival I went to recently and the queue was insane as everything was made to order. I have no idea how that model makes any money.

Calling
Loafer

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2022 08:35

RoyalBlue
Nameless
South Coast Royal
You will probably know nameless, are there still issues with taking water or other soft drinks into the ground?
As usual I walked rather slyly past the bloke checking bags and in the past have tucked my drink inside my coat but would prefer no to.

BTW well done to whoever at the club thought it would be a good idea to bring free glasses of water to the crowd in Y21 at half-time.
A very sensible idea for those caught in the sun trap.

Taking soft drinks in hasn’t been a problem ever AFAIK. There was a thing years ago where they removed lids from bottles but that stopped a long time ago.

That's good to hear, although doubtless Compass will kick up a stink again if too many people start doing it and they can't shift their terribly overpriced product offering.

The removing lids time (for 'safety reasons') completely lacked logic, given that at the same time the concourse outlets were happily selling bottles with the lids still screwed firmly on. Mind you, easily countered with a spare bottle top in your pocket!

They took the lid off my bottle the last time I went, South Stand, end of last season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2022 12:18

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Nameless
Taking soft drinks in hasn’t been a problem ever AFAIK. There was a thing years ago where they removed lids from bottles but that stopped a long time ago.

That's good to hear, although doubtless Compass will kick up a stink again if too many people start doing it and they can't shift their terribly overpriced product offering.

The removing lids time (for 'safety reasons') completely lacked logic, given that at the same time the concourse outlets were happily selling bottles with the lids still screwed firmly on. Mind you, easily countered with a spare bottle top in your pocket!

They took the lid off my bottle the last time I went, South Stand, end of last season.

It was certainly not stadium policy for a long time. Sometimes they have agency staff who are used to different policies at different stadia but I’d be surprised if they have brought it back wholesale. Maybe they do something different in C1871 due to the relaxation of other rules there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2022 12:39

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

It was certainly not stadium policy for a long time. Sometimes they have agency staff who are used to different policies at different stadia but I’d be surprised if they have brought it back wholesale. Maybe they do something different in C1871 due to the relaxation of other rules there.

Yeah, I was surprised. They definitely weren't bothering pre lockdown.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 09 Aug 2022 14:22

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Nameless

This has been on and off (no pun intended) for years. I just take a bottle lid with me. Feckers!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Aug 2022 12:21

Seriously what is going on with the Catering. No burgers again serving SJM Stand. An excellent steward allowed us to go outside the gates and around the back towards the north stand to use the burger stand which was at SJM - to go there to find there were no queues. Unheard of at halftime. Surely the vendor cant be happy with that either.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Aug 2022 12:30

paultheroyal Seriously what is going on with the Catering. No burgers again serving SJM Stand. An excellent steward allowed us to go outside the gates and around the back towards the north stand to use the burger stand which was at SJM - to go there to find there were no queues. Unheard of at halftime. Surely the vendor cant be happy with that either.

Should speak to STAR reckon they could get an answer to this

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2022 13:36

The beer in (and outside) the stadium is horrific. Can they not serve Guinness at least?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Oct 2022 13:39

John Smith The beer in (and outside) the stadium is horrific. Can they not serve Guinness at least?

Is this a genuine request? Because I can't think of anything more horrific than seeing what the inadequately-trained bar staff would do to a point of Guinness

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Oct 2022 20:56

Brogue
paultheroyal Seriously what is going on with the Catering. No burgers again serving SJM Stand. An excellent steward allowed us to go outside the gates and around the back towards the north stand to use the burger stand which was at SJM - to go there to find there were no queues. Unheard of at halftime. Surely the vendor cant be happy with that either.

I've just spotted and will add to the list for the upcoming Ops meeting. Along with the Guinness question.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Oct 2022 21:09

maffff
Brogue

I've just spotted and will add to the list for the upcoming Ops meeting. Along with the Guinness question.

I looked at the new STAR board a few weeks back and thought it was you who was newly elected. Then today I Was reading your tweets about flares and that confirmed my thinking and your new position on the STAR board. Congrats.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Oct 2022 22:06

Brogue
maffff
Brogue

I looked at the new STAR board a few weeks back and thought it was you who was newly elected. Then today I Was reading your tweets about flares and that confirmed my thinking and your new position on the STAR board. Congrats.

Thanks Brogue, appreciate it mate :)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Oct 2022 12:22

muirinho
John Smith The beer in (and outside) the stadium is horrific. Can they not serve Guinness at least?

Is this a genuine request? Because I can't think of anything more horrific than seeing what the inadequately-trained bar staff would do to a point of Guinness

Would Guinness even be prepared to allow their beer and brand to be treated in that manner?!

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 11 Oct 2022 10:18

You can get Guinness in the Jazz club, in a glass as well.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Oct 2022 11:21

I have a business plan.

Buy a load of Costco/Tesco oven pizzas for £2 each
Take orders and cash before the game at £8 a pizza
Cook them during the first half
Customers queue up to collect them at half time
Sell spare ones to walk up customers.

It's not difficult to heat a frozen pizza.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Oct 2022 11:23

Forbury Lion I have a business plan.

Good shout - even better than that - buy there decent ridiculously cheap ones from the cafe and chicken rolls etc - and have a microwave in the back - heat them up at key times, job done.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 13 Oct 2022 11:24

You're not really helping matters in terms of food quality, and £8 for a frozen pizza! Amazing.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 13 Oct 2022 12:37

Why aren't the pints poured constantly throughout the first half ready to be served at half time?

A fresh pint of Fosters in the Mad Stad tastes terrible as it is, being sat around for 35 minutes or so wouldnt do it that much harm.
I'd rather get a terrible pint of fosters v quickly than a terrible pint of Fosters slowly.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Oct 2022 16:31

PATRIQT

You're not really helping matters in terms of food quality, and £8 for a frozen pizza! Amazing.
It's a plan for a business not a foodbank, I want to make as much profit as possible and I reckon fans will pay £8 a time due to the lack of competition available.

Has anyone tried ordering a pizza from Pizza Hutt or Pappa Johns? - Might be able to collect it from outside the stadium at half time, but not sure if they will let fans out and back in to do this..... however, if you don't mind eating cold Pizza, you could bring one in with you.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2022 16:38

Greatwesternline Why aren't the pints poured constantly throughout the first half ready to be served at half time?

A fresh pint of Fosters in the Mad Stad tastes terrible as it is, being sat around for 35 minutes or so wouldnt do it that much harm.
I'd rather get a terrible pint of fosters v quickly than a terrible pint of Fosters slowly.

I absolutely second this. Mind boggling. Also there are new staff every week meaning no one can ever pour a pint/operate a till at all.