new changes to stadium

jonboy29red

new changes to stadium

by jonboy29red » 06 Aug 2010 15:40

just seen this on the OS its part of what was in the artical

New entry and collection for parking
All parking permit holders, including those guests collecting day permits, should enter through Hurst Way. Non-permit holders please enter via Northern Way. Our Stadium car park map is here.

Matchday entertainment
There will also be changes to our pre-match music just before kick off and as the team enter the pitch - all to be revealed!

East Stand kiosks
The food and bar kiosks in the East Stand have been swapped, creating three more till service points. In doing so we have made the food kiosks more accessible with the aim of easing congestion. The central kiosk is now the bar kiosk and we have installed free flow beer equipment to help improve the quality of beer.

Catering upgrades
Upgrades include:
- Installation of new coffee machines with high quality coffee
- Introduction of homemade soup and vegetable egg fried noodles
- Provision of hot dog carts and teams of hawkers
- Relaunch of Shire Foods as pie suppliers at the same price; as well as a new £2 hot dog
- Reduction in the price of crisps, improvement in confectionery offering
- Restructuring of staffing and management training to ensure continued high service levels

Stadium upgrades
We are in the process of upgrading all concourse TVs and looking to install TV outside the East Stand, within the smoking compound. In the toilets, roller towels have been replaced with hand gel sanitizers. We are also in the process of fitting mirrors in ladies' toilets.

Royalshow

Re: new changes to stadium

by Royalshow » 06 Aug 2010 16:10

jonboy29red free flow beer equipment as requested by our new suppliers, Duff Beer.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 06 Aug 2010 16:15

jonboy29red In the toilets, roller towels have been replaced with hand gel sanitizers. We are also in the process of fitting mirrors in ladies' toilets.

The hot air hand dryers have gone as well.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Aug 2010 16:43

jonboy29red just seen this on the OS its part of what was in the artical

New entry and collection for parking
All parking permit holders, including those guests collecting day permits, should enter through Hurst Way. Non-permit holders please enter via Northern Way. Our Stadium car park map is here.

Matchday entertainment
There will also be changes to our pre-match music just before kick off and as the team enter the pitch - all to be revealed!

East Stand kiosks
The food and bar kiosks in the East Stand have been swapped, creating three more till service points. In doing so we have made the food kiosks more accessible with the aim of easing congestion. The central kiosk is now the bar kiosk and we have installed free flow beer equipment to help improve the quality of beer.

Catering upgrades
Upgrades include:
- Installation of new coffee machines with high quality coffee
- Introduction of homemade soup and vegetable egg fried noodles
- Provision of hot dog carts and teams of hawkers
- Relaunch of Shire Foods as pie suppliers at the same price; as well as a new £2 hot dog
- Reduction in the price of crisps, improvement in confectionery offering
- Restructuring of staffing and management training to ensure continued high service levels

Stadium upgrades
We are in the process of upgrading all concourse TVs and looking to install TV outside the East Stand, within the smoking compound. In the toilets, roller towels have been replaced with hand gel sanitizers. We are also in the process of fitting mirrors in ladies' toilets.

I said that this would happen!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Aug 2010 17:12

jonboy29red Matchday entertainment

Oh the excitement, I can hardly wait :roll:

Magnus

by Magnus » 06 Aug 2010 17:14

Can I just be the first to thank STAR for their tireless endevours "behind the scenes" in bringing all this to fruition.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 06 Aug 2010 17:59

jonboy29red Stadium upgrades

I must be a dirty old sod as the thing that came to my mind on reading that I'm sure isn't going to be what's fitted.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 06 Aug 2010 18:17

nice to see the club taking a stand on healthy eating
Reduction in the price of crisps, improvement in confectionery offering

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Aug 2010 21:03

Any ideas people?

Nobby

by Nobby » 06 Aug 2010 23:19

jonboy29red In the toilets, roller towels have been replaced with hand gel sanitizers.

We got to dry our hands with gel?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2010 10:48

Nobby
jonboy29red In the toilets, roller towels have been replaced with hand gel sanitizers.

Yeah that's rubbish. Might as well remove the sinks in that case.

Changing the bar kiosk to the middle one is going to cause great confusion this afternoon too.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Aug 2010 10:57

With regard to the catering, I feel as though I've been listened following the survey. Well done Reading!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Aug 2010 12:08

jonboy29red We are also in the process of fitting mirrors in ladies' toilets.

But not in the men's toilets? Sexual discrimination!

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 07 Aug 2010 12:34

Terminal Boardom

Any ideas people?

Likely to be something recorded recently that is rubbish as I will be surprised if they have gone for something good like The Liquidator.

Knowing Reading it will be copied from some other clubs entrance music so expect Mull of Kintyre, Streets have no name, theme tune from Z Cars, Tuijuana (sp?) Taxi or the tune Newcastle walk on to the pitch to (sorry I don't know the name of the track).

Maybe a return to the successful Insomnia they had a few seasons back.

Either way the wait will soon be over and we'll all be able to concentrate on less important subjects.

EPR

by EPR » 07 Aug 2010 12:39

Royal Lady
Nobby

Yeah that's rubbish. Might as well remove the sinks in that case.

Changing the bar kiosk to the middle one is going to cause great confusion this afternoon too.

Looking forward to seeing how drying your hands with gel works. Might not be quite as ridiculous as it sounds if it's that alcohol stuff that evaporates off and takes the water with it.

Not looking forward to queuing for a half time beer, I predict chaos at the middle (and presumably now "only") bar in the East stand, might just have some of the hand-drying gel instead.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2010 13:36

Bookies have gone due to personal reasons!! Yeah, probably because of all the abuse they took from punters for the crappiest odds ever offered at a football match.EVER!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2010 13:43

paultheroyal Bookies have gone due to personal reasons!! Yeah, probably because of all the abuse they took from punters for the crappiest odds ever offered at a football match.EVER!
So true. Schards used to have a bet on betfair and then turn up at the ground and the odds for the same bet were massively lower.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 07 Aug 2010 18:52

No fcuking Mars Bars on sale in East Stand concourse. CNUTS!!

EPR

by EPR » 07 Aug 2010 19:05

EPR Looking forward to seeing how drying your hands with gel works. Might not be quite as ridiculous as it sounds if it's that alcohol stuff that evaporates off and takes the water with it.

Not looking forward to queuing for a half time beer, I predict chaos at the middle (and presumably now "only") bar in the East stand, might just have some of the hand-drying gel instead.

Thought the gel worked well actually. Quick rinse of the hands under the tap, shake off any excess water, portion of gel and rub in. Sorted.

Got beer from the MrToms so didn't need to queue at the new bar.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 07 Aug 2010 19:06

EPR
EPR Looking forward to seeing how drying your hands with gel works. Might not be quite as ridiculous as it sounds if it's that alcohol stuff that evaporates off and takes the water with it.

Thought the gel worked well actually. Quick rinse of the hands under the tap, shake off any excess water, portion of gel and rub in. Sorted.

Got beer from the MrToms so didn't need to queue at the new bar.

didnt see them my end of the concourse