No
69%

Total votes: 67
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man City Tickets

by TFF » 12 Mar 2011 00:10

royalexile

Slowly taking shape. Just the FAC to add now.

Got any tipp-ex? We had 2,836 tickets

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Mar 2011 00:23

Would this be a good time to say it's highly unlikley you'll get it into the ground?

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 12 Mar 2011 00:28

Stuff it down your trousers

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 12 Mar 2011 04:55

I don't know how big it is rolled up, but backpack it and claim it as a jacket or something to that ilk. That is what I have previously done with my flag. Looks really good though I must admit. I recommend if you do want to get it in you get there as early as you can tbf.

Trevor Senior's Gap

by Trevor Senior's Gap » 12 Mar 2011 08:04

Hope all the rest of your tickets turn up ok, and if not the reprint process goes smoothly.
Just FYI anyone going from Manchester way, unlikely to affect you much but end of the east lancs is closed tomorrow, from salford precinct towards town by looks of it. May have to use motorway to mancunian way. See you all there, URZ!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 12 Mar 2011 10:18

royalexile

This is ugly, how embarassing. Chairman already apologized, move on.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 12 Mar 2011 10:29

URZZZZZZZZ
Gav
I'm wondering if the same has happened to my bus tickets. Some douchebag in the sorting office thinking they're tickets and thieving them.

I've rung the club and they were posted first class on Wednesday... Not shown up. Unlike tickets though, it's much easier to get a replacement for these!

Did you have your tickets delivered by post, and when did you tell the club you wanted the free coaches?

Booked them online, then phoned to sort the buses out a few hours later. I've got my match tickets, just not the bus. Have to collect a reprint first thing in the a.m.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 12 Mar 2011 10:49

If it is any use the process for buying tickets in the home end is very easy. Register as a supporter on the web site, buy online (do what I did and choose a seat out of the way!) and pick up your access card on the day. It's not ideal, not sure how it would react to a RG postcode, and it goes without saying that you'll need to surpress the joy as Shane puts us thru with a last minute winner!!!

Living in the NW I have been in the home end for Liverpool, Everton (incl last week), City and United (often as I have gone with friends who support them) and never had any bother. Obv if you do this don't post your seat number etc as city may be monitoring, and don't act the dick if we score etc.

I don't want to be in the home end at all, but I want to be there. The game looks about 3/4 sold, so still plenty of chance to buy if you want to.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Mar 2011 10:54

LoyalRoyal22
royalexile

This is ugly, how embarassing. Chairman already apologized, move on.

How very magnanimous of you. IF the club have learnt from this gaffe then all is well for the future. :|

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 12 Mar 2011 11:14

Relax everybody.

My tickets have arrived.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Mar 2011 11:40

Waiting on confirmation off huntley whether my ticket has arrived :(

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 12 Mar 2011 11:46

Gav
URZZZZZZZZ
Gav
I'm wondering if the same has happened to my bus tickets. Some douchebag in the sorting office thinking they're tickets and thieving them.

I've rung the club and they were posted first class on Wednesday... Not shown up. Unlike tickets though, it's much easier to get a replacement for these!

Did you have your tickets delivered by post, and when did you tell the club you wanted the free coaches?

Booked them online, then phoned to sort the buses out a few hours later. I've got my match tickets, just not the bus. Have to collect a reprint first thing in the a.m.

Your coach tickets should have come with your match tickets then. :?:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Mar 2011 12:16

royalexile How very magnanimous of you. IF the club have learnt from this gaffe then all is well for the future. :|

Surely the point of a protest in a case like this would be to make the club appreciate :

a) that they've screwed up, and

b) how unhappy people are about this?

Are either of these in any doubt in anyone's minds, including those at the club?

What are you actually trying to achieve from this?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Mar 2011 12:24

It is going to look like a protest against City, from a club that managed to sell 2800 tickets, but would have unlikely sold another 3000. FAr better to have made a banner of support,
Shane Long, RFC Hero
or summin.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 12 Mar 2011 12:35

I blame RL

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 12 Mar 2011 13:03

URZZZZZZZZ
Gav
URZZZZZZZZ

Your coach tickets should have come with your match tickets then. :?:

You'd think, wouldn't you? Alas no, still, I'm fine with collecting tomorrow providing there's no hiccups.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 12 Mar 2011 13:32

Just tell the stewards its a flag, they don't normally look in the bag, they'll just pat the bag down to make sure it is just a flag.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Mar 2011 13:35

In two minds about this now. The moment might just have passed.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Mar 2011 13:39

Svlad Cjelli
royalexile How very magnanimous of you. IF the club have learnt from this gaffe then all is well for the future. :|

Surely the point of a protest in a case like this would be to make the club appreciate :

a) that they've screwed up, and

b) how unhappy people are about this?

Are either of these in any doubt in anyone's minds, including those at the club?

What are you actually trying to achieve from this?

Well, at least it will tell the commentators who will look at our support and say "I thought Reading would have brought fans" that we would have more than 2,800 if we'd had the chance and maybe City won't be so quick to sell the area around us in future. Direct at them instead of our club who seem to be showing that they have learnt from mistakes.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Mar 2011 13:44

That will be the end result Sarah. This is not a protest per se. There are lessons to be learnt from this going forward, the Club have taken this on board but the opposite effect of this is the high demand, the club asking us to back the boys in numbers, the signal that this was an initial allocation and then the huge demand and no doubt disappointment of those who unsuccessfully attempted to get tickets in the away end. To be there, others have been forced to scatter themselves in amongst the City support, their enjoyment might be impaired as a result, and surely supporters are meant to be segregated anyhow. I hope there is no one ejected from the home end as a result of this and that everyone just enjoys the match.

2304 posts