Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
PATRIQT

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by PATRIQT » 15 Jul 2022 17:01

Tilehurstsouthbank
PATRIQT Wonderful season, and the mighty Quinn, and a very young Adie Williams too.

I think EPR have based that home shirt on the 1994/96 Pelada shirt. Still my favourite to this day, but I wouldn't want to wear one again. They were heavy and uncomfortable!

Modern day revamp would be lightweight and comfy though.

Yes obviously. Just reminiscing.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 15 Jul 2022 17:06

PATRIQT
Tilehurstsouthbank
PATRIQT Wonderful season, and the mighty Quinn, and a very young Adie Williams too.

I think EPR have based that home shirt on the 1994/96 Pelada shirt. Still my favourite to this day, but I wouldn't want to wear one again. They were heavy and uncomfortable!

Modern day revamp would be lightweight and comfy though.

Yes obviously. Just reminiscing.

Apologies. Didn't mean to come across all Ian Royal and 'Nobsplain'. :D

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 16 Jul 2022 14:00

Not that I buy them but we have a pre-season home friendly this afternoon with not a new replica home or away shirt to sell. Who is responsible for these decisions? Feels like a wasted opportunity.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 16 Jul 2022 14:50

We must be the only club that with 2 weeks till the new season and a home friendly against Premier league opposition that would still be wearing last seasons kit. Why are the club so late every year getting the new kit out ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jul 2022 18:46

Because last seasons kits were so fukkin good, that they’re not upstaging them???

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2022 19:16

Coz it’s cheaper to wait til later and they reckon the same number of shirts get sold anyway etc etc

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Jul 2022 19:33

Hound Coz it’s cheaper to wait til later and they reckon the same number of shirts get sold anyway etc etc

This. If I buy the shirt it's because I like it - not because it was available for a pre-season friendly. It's not as if we're expecting Hammers fans to be buying souvenir shirts....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jul 2022 20:16

Yeah, but don't dads take lads and lassies to friendlies anymore?

Before the ‘serious’ shizz starts.

That’s where they often get hooked-in? Mine did…shirts and all

Gandalf Presley

by Gandalf Presley » 17 Jul 2022 10:34

PATRIQT

£29 each or £50 for both.

Great idea, great designs, but I can't imagine the club will be over the moon, as I imagine many will opt for the cheaper unofficial shirts (and they are a stonkingly good design).

Probably right about the club being peeved but should then look introspectively. Certain there would be a market for retro shirts but make no attempt to release anything. EPR deserve a massive pat on the back for adopting such an approach and agree they look great.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 Jul 2022 14:08

Couldn't agree more.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jul 2022 16:53

Hound Coz it’s cheaper to wait til later and they reckon the same number of shirts get sold anyway etc etc

I'd really like someone at the club to come out and say this, actually lay out the business case for doing so, detailing how much they save (even just as a %), while also going into how they know they sell the same amount, given that the club never seems to do any different.

If nothing else, it would kill off the annual round of questions about why we are so late when Accrington Stanley can get their new kit out in June, etc?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 18 Jul 2022 00:08

tmesis

I'd really like someone at the club to come out and say this, actually lay out the business case for doing so, detailing how much they save (even just as a %), while also going into how they know they sell the same amount, given that the club never seems to do any different.

If nothing else, it would kill off the annual round of questions about why we are so late when Accrington Stanley can get their new kit out in June, etc?

I get that some are frustrated, but it will no doubt drop this week or next.

There are a few other clubs that leave it late like Fulham for example; and they’re in the top flight.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jul 2022 12:59

royalp-we
tmesis

I get that some are frustrated, but it will no doubt drop this week or next.

There are a few other clubs that leave it late like Fulham for example; and they’re in the top flight.

Can't help but feel late kit availability hardly maximises the revenue for any club.

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 18 Jul 2022 14:33

That blue and yellow away shirt is a thing of beauty. I really liked the red and yellow version as well.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jul 2022 09:11

Yeah agree the club will know roughly how many shirts are going to be sold. Let's be fair, the club has had a torrid last couple of seasons (most would argue a decade), we aren't exactly going to go from, let's say, 50k shirt sales a year to 500k. Last year was a landmark year which probably raised the figures though as well.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 19 Jul 2022 12:39

You've also got to look at production space
Some clubs will have a merchandising team who will be on it booking production space as soon as the last shirt is released so that factories can start production in the fallow periods of the year where they have low productivity (sometimes yielding a slightly lower price due to filling a low production month)
That way a club then has the shirt ready to go when they want in close season (earlier releases)
F**k up your order timing wise and soon you're in the shadows of the big clubs churning out day after day of production and you just have to wait your turn no matter how many production facilities a factory owns

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2022 08:31

I’m sure the new kit will be out before the first game of the season.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jul 2022 10:20

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... xGW3FENgvg

Saying that a lot of Premier League clubs have missing kit details still.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jul 2022 10:27

Elm Park Kid https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1550404897232879616?s=20&t=ewMnOeMM61AgxGW3FENgvg

Saying that a lot of Premier League clubs have missing kit details still.

No no, I think you'll find you are mistaken.

We're the only club in the entire English Football pyramid who hasn't launched their kits yet...

:wink:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jul 2022 10:47

Do not and never will understand grown adults obsessing about football kits. Very odd behaviour.

5989 posts