Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by paultheroyal » 11 Oct 2022 11:45

There is just an issue in shirt supplies, country wide. My son's academy team are scrapping the barrell in what is available as are grassroots team. Not sure what the issue is to be honest. All gone wrong since covid.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Oct 2022 11:11

grey_squirrel I have always been sceptical about black, grey and dark coloured kits with players not being easily picked out and merging in to the crowd especially during a dank floodlit evening game. I always remember the 6-3 Man U defeat at Southampton when Fergie changed the kit at half time citing my very reason for their first half display.
Might be an advantage if your team can't string passes together and are always being caught offside, make it difficult for the ref and opposition to see you.

I've suggested before that players wear green grass colour boots for camouflage, this might help with offside calls where VAR rules the offside due to their boot being 1cm over the imaginary line

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Oct 2022 11:13

paultheroyal There is just an issue in shirt supplies, country wide. My son's academy team are scrapping the barrell in what is available as are grassroots team. Not sure what the issue is to be honest. All gone wrong since covid.
Might be Brexit related if it's only affecting the UK?
There wasn't a big football shirt manufacturing industry in Ukraine was there?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Oct 2022 13:24

Forbury Lion
paultheroyal There is just an issue in shirt supplies, country wide. My son's academy team are scrapping the barrell in what is available as are grassroots team. Not sure what the issue is to be honest. All gone wrong since covid.

Joma make the Ukrainian shirts, they’re Spanish. Interestingly* they also make shirts for the Vatican City men’s football team

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Oct 2022 13:19

No more away kits or third kits coming in - what they have in the shop is it. Can't get any more. Was told this by staff member yesterday.

New home kit stock coming in January.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 25 Oct 2022 10:15

Forbury Lion

I can't see Brexit being an issue - I don't think too many EU nations are manufacturing football kids.

More likely the rolling lockdowns in China.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Oct 2022 10:45

Shipping from the Far East has been troublesome since lockdown, it improved slightly until China locked down a couple of months ago for a couple of weeks. Ports in the UK are also congested, and ships are just docked between Amsterdam and Southampton/Felixstowe in the English Channel/North Sea in a lot of cases. We've had consignments that are late from China by 3-5 weeks consistently this year.

The only other alternative is flying goods in which is 3/4 times more expensive. I don't think it's just the manufacturing of shirts, it's most goods from China/Far East.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Nov 2022 15:54

YorkshireRoyal99 The only other alternative is flying goods in which is 3/4 times more expensive.
Maybe if you find someone flying from UK to China we can get them to being some over

The record for the most number of shirts worn at once is 260, so we could set that as their target..... The cheapest return flight to China is £611, So it'll cost an extra £2.35 per shirt but a possible tax saving if they can convince customs that it's personal clothing.

This doesn't even take into account luggage or the possibility of wearing 260 pairs of shorts and socks back.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 18 Dec 2022 18:15

Worst kit I’ve ever seen ! Wow, the arm stripes add to the total throw up. I can’t believe anyone would sign this off. Pink Ffs ?! It can work , if done well , but this is an insult to my eyes

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 May 2023 21:32

The good thing about relegation/not having a manager is that no one's crying about the new kit (yet).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 May 2023 08:55

I hope the away kit pays tribute to our recent history and is diarrhoea yellow.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 25 May 2023 09:43

An all red Chinese Communist kit would be lovely, considering we now allow ourselves to be used to push Globalist Elite agendas.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 May 2023 10:17

Who gives a shit about how the kit looks it’s only the players and kids that wear them. I mean surely no fully grown adult wears a football shirt, do they?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 May 2023 11:51

Brogue Who gives a shit about how the kit looks it’s only the players and kids that wear them. I mean surely no fully grown adult wears a football shirt, do they?

Didn’t know you were blind mate... updates spreadsheet.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 May 2023 17:20

Brogue Who gives a shit about how the kit looks it’s only the players and kids that wear them. I mean surely no fully grown adult wears a football shirt, do they?

Agreed.
One of the worst things about modern football is seeing fat blokes 30 and over wearing a team's football shirt and hoops supposedly make people look even fatter.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 May 2023 21:23

South Coast Royal

Agreed.
One of the worst things about modern football is seeing fat blokes 30 and over wearing a team's football shirt and hoops supposedly make people look even fatter.

What are you defining as "modern" there South Coast? 1980s onwards?

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 26 May 2023 08:35

go back to simple 3 or 4 hoops , simple sleeves , straight forward polo shape collar and the "parma " style away blue and yellow , and a all red/all yellow ?
back to basics that everyone used to like
But It'll end up being a travesty to my eyes again, i bet

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 May 2023 08:39

Einstein agogo go back to simple 3 or 4 hoops , simple sleeves , straight forward polo shape collar and the "parma " style away blue and yellow , and a all red/all yellow ?
back to basics that everyone used to like
But It'll end up being a travesty to my eyes again, i bet

Big wide hoops
    Collar
    Legible names and numbers
    As little flashy **** as possible
    All black away kit would be excellent

What templates are Macron offering this summer?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 May 2023 16:28

Green
South Coast Royal

Agreed.

Probably-I don't remember fat older blokes wearing them before then so I am very much with Brogue on this.
It really is not a good look.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 26 May 2023 17:07

South Coast Royal
Green
South Coast Royal
Agreed.

Probably-I don't remember fat older blokes wearing them before then so I am very much with Brogue on this.
It really is not a good look.

Before then replica shirts were quite rare, so you didn't usually see anybody wearing them.

It's not a great look even if you aren't old and fat, but I don't think many wear them to games because they think it looks stylish.

I like the club's shirt to look good, even if I don't want to buy it. Otherwise we should all be happy even if they players were decked out in those horrible Matchwinner efforts of the early 90s.

5989 posts