New Website?

255 posts
Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Website?

by Dare to Dr£am » 02 Aug 2012 12:37

Platypuss
2.8 lita injection Just tried to look at some match reports from last season and before, they dont exist anymore.

Shambles.

Deffo a shambles, but the content is still there - it's the links from the results that haven't been restored. Match reports can be found if you do a search, eg: Reading 1-0 Forest from April:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3409700&tcmuri=147808

I tried clicking the link about the new electronic advertising boards being installed last night and it just took me back to the front page. Not the first time either when clicking a picture with the link in the title. That should be easy to fix. :roll:

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 03 Aug 2012 12:39

Bleugh... not sure I like the new OS - the impression is a combination of clutter and clunk (IMO, of course).

And just how many cookies do they need????? I have to accept (or reject) them all manually because of the way my work computer is set up and it's quite tedious.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 03 Aug 2012 18:34

Looks like somebody has taken some notice:

PUBLISHED

09:29 3rd August 2012

New readingfc.co.uk
The brand new design for readingfc.co.uk has been in place for a couple of weeks now, and supporters may like to know that a new mobile website and smartphone App are also being developed.

The new mobile site is due next month or early October, while a new smartphone App will be up and running in the near future as we return to the Barclays Premier League.

The homepage on the new readingfc.co.uk has five hi-res images across a news carousel, which may take a little time to load on slow connections or on mobile devices. So if you wish, you may like to bookmark our Club News page which contains the most recent news stories but without the large graphics. Full URL is http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/club/

Thanks as always for your support!

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/website-update-030812-290212.aspx

philM

by philM » 03 Aug 2012 21:03

If you just want the news stories from the OS, then I'd use this...

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Reading

You also get all the Evening Post/Chronicle articles, as well as any other stories about RFC in the press.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 06 Aug 2012 21:32

Received this email today from Ross Jeavons (rjeavons@readingfc.co.uk):

Hello all,

Just an e-mail to say thank you very much for the bits of feedback you have sent through regarding the new Reading FC Website. First of all, I apologise that it has taken a while to get a personal response from myself – although all your comments were instantly taken on board and forwarded on, I have personally been on leave for the last couple of weeks.

We are constantly working on improving the look, feel and mechanics of the new website. As I’m sure many of you are aware, we are tied in to certain constraints – and a number of the problems that you pointed out were outside of our control at launch. However we are constantly in touch with Sapient, who deal with the design of our site, and aim to continue improvements over the coming weeks. Issues such as pagination (articles appearing over more than one page) were infuriating even for ourselves, and we were very keen to raise that instantly. In terms of loading times – this is something else that we’re combatting ASAP.

Problems with mobile devices should also be solved over the next month.
Thanks for your patience – and please continue to provide feedback wherever possible.

Regards

Ross Jeavons
Media Executive
Reading Football Club Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 118 968 1314

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Aug 2012 11:18

Fair play getting in touch.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 07 Aug 2012 11:51

Upper West Ginger
The homepage on the new readingfc.co.uk has five hi-res images across a news carousel, which may take a little time to load on slow connections or on mobile devices. So if you wish, you may like to bookmark our Club News page which contains the most recent news stories but without the large graphics. Full URL is http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/club/

This link doesn't work on my mobile device...

Still sounds like they're fixing it! 11 days to do it!

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 07 Aug 2012 13:22

Z175
Upper West Ginger

This link doesn't work on my mobile device...

Still sounds like they're fixing it! 11 days to do it!

Works fine for me. In fact, I've had absolutely no problems with the new website for the past couple of days, either via laptop or mobile. All the problems I was previously experiencing with the site seem to have been sorted now. Loads okay and perfectly usable now.

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 13 Aug 2012 17:35

Upper West Ginger Received this email today from Ross Jeavons (rjeavons@readingfc.co.uk):

Hello all,

Just an e-mail to say thank you very much for the bits of feedback you have sent through regarding the new Reading FC Website. First of all, I apologise that it has taken a while to get a personal response from myself – although all your comments were instantly taken on board and forwarded on, I have personally been on leave for the last couple of weeks.

We are constantly working on improving the look, feel and mechanics of the new website. As I’m sure many of you are aware, we are tied in to certain constraints – and a number of the problems that you pointed out were outside of our control at launch. However we are constantly in touch with Sapient, who deal with the design of our site, and aim to continue improvements over the coming weeks. Issues such as pagination (articles appearing over more than one page) were infuriating even for ourselves, and we were very keen to raise that instantly. In terms of loading times – this is something else that we’re combatting ASAP.

Problems with mobile devices should also be solved over the next month.
Thanks for your patience – and please continue to provide feedback wherever possible.

Regards

Ross Jeavons
Media Executive
Reading Football Club Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 118 968 1314

I had a virtually identical "personal" reply when I complained about the new site.

I suggest the more of us that complain, the quicker it will be resolved. I cannot understand what kind of web designer could possibly come up with something so hopeless!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Aug 2012 09:17

So annoying I ended up going to the Brighton website for a match report on the friendly.. and long for the old website even more.

Will try some of the links suggested, thanks

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 14 Aug 2012 15:19

Do I not like the new website.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 14 Aug 2012 15:35

I've had no replies to my complaints and it's not fixed as it's a fundamentally flawed design. The failure to build for mobile shows that the supplier is clueless. Why Reading FC stays with a contract where the supplier is not performing is a mystery.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 14 Aug 2012 21:34

Sounds like we have a few amateur devs/designers/UX(pcunts) in our midst

Always fecking complaining about other peoples sh!t

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 15 Aug 2012 08:12

Complaining about complaining? What a complete anus!

kevan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by kevan » 15 Aug 2012 13:28

I have given up visiting the official site as the design is so poor, just use facebook and twitter now to keep up to date except when I need tickets, and that is confusing too. As someone who has just revamped their company website I know what is posible now and this design ignores most of it.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 15 Aug 2012 13:33

post the URL Kevan

royalflush

by royalflush » 15 Aug 2012 15:55

Its just about bearable if you link directly to the news page http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news still utter turd though :x

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Aug 2012 10:23

I've bookmarked the online ticketing page, not going to bother with the rest of the site until it's improved....

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 18 Aug 2012 14:16

Today the link to the todays teams doesnt work and no sign of the u21 result from last night.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 18 Aug 2012 14:17

Lost 3-1

255 posts