Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The new owner

by Arnie_Pie » 19 Aug 2012 12:12

She really is smoking hot.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 19 Aug 2012 12:20

Where I sit is only about 15 seats to the right of them both and she was loving the game yesterday and Anton was well into it. Practically kicking every ball. Really good to see. His father looks the don. Wouldn't want to mess with him. Stern to say the least. We are owned by a very powerful family.

Cracking interview. Top guy.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

by Friday's Legacy » 19 Aug 2012 13:02

Friday's Legacy » 23 Jun 2012 15:19 The Daily Mail have had an interview planned with AZ for a couple of weeks. They were trying to tie him down when he returned to the UK last week. I don't know if they've sat down yet, but I'm hoping we hear a bit more about the clubs plans/intentions etc, rather than more of what we've already heard.

It took longer than expected but they finally got their interview with Anton - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... evich.html

John Madejski in the week, and now this new article from the Daily Mail confirming Boris Zingarevich is a billionaire. As I mentioned before, both father and son had to provide proof of funds, and Boris is a billionaire three times over.

"The new owner is based in Moscow, where he works on a variety of business ventures. The level of his private individual wealth is unconfirmed but he says Reading has been bought with 'family money'."

"His father's fortune is reportedly £3.4billion, primarily from paper and cardboard products. Katsia says Anton has been 'obsessed' in recent months with Reading 'because it has been his dream', adding that when she first met him 'it was clear that football was big in his life. Owning a club was always going to be a matter of time."

This was pleasing to read:

"His aims are modest in terms of success. 'First we want to stay in the Premier League. Then, within five years, we'd like to be in the top 10,' he said.
Behind the scenes, secretly for now, Reading are planning ambitious expansions for various areas of the club. A new 140-acre training complex with 17 pitches is in the pipeline. Zingarevich is also overseeing 'partnership links' with clubs in North and South America, Asia and across Europe. 'We want the best young talent, and this will help,' he says. 'I can tell the fans we're serious. We'll be sensible, but we're building an infrastructure, looking to the future."

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Aug 2012 13:37

so you know someone at the mail then? because twice now you've known of interviews with anton before they took place. not meaning to be nosey, just curious.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 19 Aug 2012 14:44

Behind the scenes, secretly for now, Reading are planning ambitious expansions for various areas of the club. A new 140-acre training complex with 17 pitches is in the pipeline. Zingarevich is also overseeing 'partnership links' with clubs in North and South America, Asia and across Europe. 'We want the best young talent, and this will help,' he says. 'I can tell the fans we're serious. We'll be sensible, but we're building an infrastructure, looking to the future.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z24011IMVI

Is that a completely new training complex or an expansion of the current one?

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 19 Aug 2012 14:47

premiership_bound Is that a completely new training complex or an expansion of the current one?

There is a planning application for a whole new training ground locally. A friend of mine is dealing with the application and it is going to be pretty big and state-of-the-art.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Aug 2012 14:50

premiership_bound
Behind the scenes, secretly for now, Reading are planning ambitious expansions for various areas of the club. A new 140-acre training complex with 17 pitches is in the pipeline. Zingarevich is also overseeing 'partnership links' with clubs in North and South America, Asia and across Europe. 'We want the best young talent, and this will help,' he says. 'I can tell the fans we're serious. We'll be sensible, but we're building an infrastructure, looking to the future.'

New one. The current training ground is built on land bought from REME Arborfield (Army), who still occupy the rest. They are leaving in the near future though.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 19 Aug 2012 14:53

I see some of his cash has gone on new seats in the centre - upper west. blue replaces faded red.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 19 Aug 2012 15:12

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women...

EPR

by EPR » 19 Aug 2012 15:34

Can anyone explain to me the need for 17 pitches? :shock:

That's iike, 374 people playing football at once.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Aug 2012 15:44

EPR Can anyone explain to me the need for 17 pitches? :shock:

Part of being Cat 1?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 19 Aug 2012 15:47

premiership_bound

It would need to be a move if the size they are talking about is correct. The HogWood site is about 28 acres, not 140. The whole Madejski site (stadium, car parks and indoor training dome) is about 90 acres, I seem to recall from the early discussion on it. a 140 acre training ground is huge!

EPR

by EPR » 19 Aug 2012 15:47

Dare to Dr£am
EPR Can anyone explain to me the need for 17 pitches? :shock:

Part of being Cat 1?

Well 17 is what is being proposed at Man C. Man U "only" have 14 at Carrington.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Aug 2012 17:00

I'd look like the cat that has got the cream too if i was in his position.

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 19 Aug 2012 18:14

The level of his private individual wealth is unconfirmed but he says Reading has been bought with 'family money'... 'We were definitely lucky,' said Zingarevich of the £25m price tag for a club that will generate around three times that much income this season alone.

Definitely sounds like a steal now, but if things do get worse years down the road, what happens if Dad says 'Enough'? Seems like a good bloke though, can't complain.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 19 Aug 2012 18:21

windermere_royal a very good interview with him and his gorgeous wife in the Mail today..link under picture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... evich.html

and defo up for some MMF action

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Aug 2012 18:48

E. Andrew The level of his private individual wealth is unconfirmed but he says Reading has been bought with 'family money'... 'We were definitely lucky,' said Zingarevich of the £25m price tag for a club that will generate around three times that much income this season alone.

Definitely sounds like a steal now, but if things do get worse years down the road, what happens if Dad says 'Enough'? Seems like a good bloke though, can't complain.

FL was right about Boris having more than £3b behind him, so you would hope he'll continue being happy to put his loose change into the club.

"we're billionaires now, we don't give a fcuk" 8)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Aug 2012 18:48

Mrs Z has her own website:

http://www.katsiazingarevich.com/

You can also join her fan club - perhaps a more attractive membership proposition than STAR! :wink:

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Aug 2012 18:58

RoyalBlue Mrs Z has her own website:

You can also join her fan club - perhaps a more attractive membership proposition than STAR! :wink:

I just hit it, hit it, and hit it again! She is something else. The bastard!

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 19 Aug 2012 19:00

RoyalBlue Mrs Z has her own website:

Are there secret meetings twice a season?

In if so.

1288 posts