TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

1288 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

by SPARTA » 10 Sep 2013 12:59

Pinched off of twitter.

When you look at what he's put in place in the very short time he's been here (20 months?), I think perhaps we're all a little guilty of expecting too much too soon. He's doing the things he promised, and in time they will pay dividends.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 10 Sep 2013 13:58

Well spotted. But that will not shut up the usual doom mongers and conspiracy theorists who just get off on being negative.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Sep 2013 14:37

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 10 Sep 2013 15:06

I think Anton is doing things the right way, as I'm sure most of you also believe. Do I wish a bit more money was spent on transfers, yes, do I think we have a great squad that can be pushing for playoffs or higher, yes.

I do not want my club spending money on players for the sake of it. Likewise, as much as i want them to spend a decent amount on a great striker, would i want them to, if it meant a degree of financial instability? Hell no!

Would any of you like Reading FC to be like QPR, Spending money on big names, because they are big names? I sure as hell know that I don't.

Anton is building the club from the youth up and at the same time expanding us across the globe and turning "The Royals" into a brand that is marketable. Sure it's all small stuff at the moment, but where might it lead?

We may become a solid well respected European club, who smaller teams look to and think, "I wish our chairman would follow their footballing model"

It is frustrating at times, especially when you know there is some money to spend. But don't look at the now. Look at where we are going to be, with Anton's help and money. Reading FC are going to be great.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 10 Sep 2013 18:34

Struggle Pig I think Anton is doing things the right way, as I'm sure most of you also believe. Do I wish a bit more money was spent on transfers, yes, do I think we have a great squad that can be pushing for playoffs or higher, yes.

I do not want my club spending money on players for the sake of it. Likewise, as much as i want them to spend a decent amount on a great striker, would i want them to, if it meant a degree of financial instability? Hell no!

Would any of you like Reading FC to be like QPR, Spending money on big names, because they are big names? I sure as hell know that I don't.

Anton is building the club from the youth up and at the same time expanding us across the globe and turning "The Royals" into a brand that is marketable. Sure it's all small stuff at the moment, but where might it lead?

We may become a solid well respected European club, who smaller teams look to and think, "I wish our chairman would follow their footballing model"

It is frustrating at times, especially when you know there is some money to spend. But don't look at the now. Look at where we are going to be, with Anton's help and money. Reading FC are going to be great.

Are you f*cking high right now? You'd get your dick caught in a vice and you'd still find something positive to say about the experience.

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 10 Sep 2013 20:36

noelgallagher
Struggle Pig I think Anton is doing things the right way, as I'm sure most of you also believe. Do I wish a bit more money was spent on transfers, yes, do I think we have a great squad that can be pushing for playoffs or higher, yes.

Are you f*cking high right now? You'd get your dick caught in a vice and you'd still find something positive to say about the experience.

I am just pleased to have an owner who is clearly demonstrating, that he is here for the long term. Investing in the youth and planning for the long term, shows that this is not just a billionaires "play thing".

It's not like QPR where it seems that there is no long term plan (throw money at the team and try to be successful despite the financial implications).

We are building. Granted, it is truly frustrating at times, especially when you see quite obviously what we need to do, i.e: splash some cash on a proven striker. But that is for the board to decide weighing up the costs and risks against the benefits. Spending doesn't guarantee success, look at Blackburn with Jordan Rhodes. He is a great striker, but not worth 8M in the championship. 8M spent with no promotion, unless they get promoted this season it's wasted money.

I am happy to have a team where we don't have to sell players if we don't want to. Also I have never known, so many Reading fans talk about giving, so many different youngsters ago in the first team! That just shows how good our academy is and it's only going to get better!

I am not high, I just think we have an excellent owner who is doing a lot of good for the long term success of Reading FC, despite the frustrations felt during the transfer window. But we do have 3 excellent signs from the window, that have added some fantastic and potentially game changing quality to our team.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Sep 2013 08:20

Hi Anton

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Sep 2013 11:44

Struggle Pig
noelgallagher

I am just pleased to have an owner who is clearly demonstrating, that he is here for the long term. Investing in the youth and planning for the long term, shows that this is not just a billionaires "play thing".

It's not like QPR where it seems that there is no long term plan (throw money at the team and try to be successful despite the financial implications).

We are building. Granted, it is truly frustrating at times, especially when you see quite obviously what we need to do, i.e: splash some cash on a proven striker. But that is for the board to decide weighing up the costs and risks against the benefits. Spending doesn't guarantee success, look at Blackburn with Jordan Rhodes. He is a great striker, but not worth 8M in the championship. 8M spent with no promotion, unless they get promoted this season it's wasted money.

I am happy to have a team where we don't have to sell players if we don't want to. Also I have never known, so many Reading fans talk about giving, so many different youngsters ago in the first team! That just shows how good our academy is and it's only going to get better!

I am not high, I just think we have an excellent owner who is doing a lot of good for the long term success of Reading FC, despite the frustrations felt during the transfer window. But we do have 3 excellent signs from the window, that have added some fantastic and potentially game changing quality to our team.

agree with the struggle pig, and not just cos of his incredible avatar
and there is no need to be rude mr gallagher. as much as i admire your songwriting ability, i must draw the line at this sort of abuse

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Sep 2013 11:50

Who is/was Struggle Pig?

Has anyone told him/her to FON yet?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Sep 2013 13:58

We didn't spend any money because Anton doesn't HAVE any money.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 11 Sep 2013 14:03

Extended-Phenotype We didn't spend any money because Anton doesn't HAVE any money.

The club and the owner are not the same entity!

In how many other industries is all investment paid for by the owners/shareholders following the share issue? The club has to finance itself.

Boo-hoo; we are not owned by a dodgy Russian or an oil state, it's so unfair! Moan, whinge and so on.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Sep 2013 14:08

Once were Biscuitmen
Extended-Phenotype We didn't spend any money because Anton doesn't HAVE any money.

The club and the owner are not the same entity!

In how many other industries is all investment paid for by the owners/shareholders following the share issue? The club has to finance itself.

Boo-hoo; we are not owned by a dodgy Russian or an oil state, it's so unfair! Moan, whinge and so on.

No tears here, mate. Just saying - Anton doesn't have any money. Which means the club probably needs to sell to break even, let alone buy.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Sep 2013 14:39

Are you hoping if you keep saying that it might be true?

Meanwhile the last accounts show our wages to turnover ratio at 135%. Where is that 35% coming from?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Sep 2013 14:49

Struggle Pig I just think we have an excellent owner

:lol:

The most ludicrous and baseless statement in nearly 2 decades of this website.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Sep 2013 14:59

floyd__streete
Struggle Pig I just think we have an excellent owner

:lol:

The most ludicrous and baseless statement in nearly 2 decades of this website.

That's a bit of an over-reaction....

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 11 Sep 2013 16:57

Yeah because the purchase of the training ground, committing to build it, getting Cat 1 status (min £2m a year) keeping AMc, AP, HRK, AlF, and signing RD, DW & WB means he has no money.

You fool.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 11 Sep 2013 17:15

HoneyRoastHoax Yeah because the purchase of the training ground, committing to build it.

If you're referring to the purchase of Bearwood GC, where do you think we are with this? Anywhere near completion? Still trying to get planning permission? Or maybe nowhere near a purchase with the possibility disappearing into the twilight?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Sep 2013 17:21

Last I heard we were putting the plans together in order to apply for planning permission and any purchase would be subject to getting that planning permission.
I'd imagine the club would get a pretty quick answer in terms of whether permission was likely to be given but getting the whole things sorted would take a while.
Can't see there would be too many other people interested in the site, doubt it would get permission for houses so not sure there would be too much of a rush about the thing.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Sep 2013 17:54

HoneyRoastHoax

Yeah because the purchase of the training ground, committing to build it, getting Cat 1 status (min £2m a year) keeping AMc, AP, HRK, AlF, and signing RD, DW & WB means he has no money.

You fool.

Bit spiteful. :cry:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Sep 2013 17:57

Ian Royal
Man Friday Just what is the point of having an owner who won't put his money into the club?

May as well be one of us who owns the club: Same net result - no money spent on players etc.

This may be a bit beyond you,

Speaks the "man" who uses the phrase "mong" as a form of insult. I've had my doubts about you for quite a while with your inane, simplistic, semi-literate analysis. Recently, however, with the use of this phrase (used by the children and small-brained on here) you've confirmed yourself to be the sick, low-life that I suspected you were.

1288 posts