Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Viagogo Ripoff

by sandman » 05 Feb 2014 19:48

He'll have to swim soon.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Feb 2014 05:37

East Stand Ste Do the club still use ViaGoGo? I'm guessing no as the demand wouldn't be there due to not selling out......im moving to Plymouth in two weeks so won't be able to do all games anymore (most but not all!)

they do yes

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 06 Feb 2014 09:08

Tails Have STAR made any comment on this?

If not then they should be shot, seriously
Have you contacted STAR with your views as a supporter?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 07 Feb 2014 10:59

bobby1413
East Stand Ste im moving to Plymouth

I'm sorry, hopefully things will look up for you soon - stay positive

mate, its a lot nicer than where i live now! (Gosport!)

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 11 Aug 2014 12:51

Apparently the club have ended this arrangement just as I wanted to sell my seat for a game :roll:

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and bringing this to our attention.

Viagogo are no longer in partnership with Reading Football Club and I was of the understanding that all Viagogo references were removed from the Reading FC website. However it does appear that some were left on the online ticketing site which I will get removed ASAP.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Aug 2014 14:12

More likely Viagogo ended it as there is no market in re-selling Championship games that don't sell out.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2014 14:18

Stranded More likely Viagogo ended it as there is no market in re-selling Championship games that don't sell out.

Except there is. Which is why there are touts at games / gigs that aren't sold out. The touts just buy at extremely low prices and sell at a bit under face value. There is always a market !

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 11 Aug 2014 17:21

Stranded More likely Viagogo ended it as there is no market in re-selling Championship games that don't sell out.

When I looked at this last season there always seemed to be a few adjoining seats in the North Stand on Viagogo sale, though the numbers varied. I think this was the club catering to very inexperienced / non-local audiences with more money than sense and more trust in Viagogo than in getting a ticket from a club they'd never dealt with before. There is a small market for people who over-pay for convenience and fair enough to try and deal with it.

I suspect it was too small though for it to be worthwhile for either party to carry on the arrangement -ie they probably only sold about 20 tickets all season.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 11 Aug 2014 18:37

Yes I think it was the club that ended the arrangement. When I contacted Viagogo last week they initially told me that I could sell my seat. Also RFC still appears on their web site

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets ... ampionship

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Aug 2014 13:32

starliaison

When I looked at this last season there always seemed to be a few adjoining seats in the North Stand on Viagogo sale, though the numbers varied. I think this was the club catering to very inexperienced / non-local audiences with more money than sense and more trust in Viagogo than in getting a ticket from a club they'd never dealt with before. There is a small market for people who over-pay for convenience and fair enough to try and deal with it.

I suspect it was too small though for it to be worthwhile for either party to carry on the arrangement -ie they probably only sold about 20 tickets all season.

Wasn't part of the agreement that the club made available a number of seats for Viagogo to sell themselves? These seats would've just be those if I remember correctly.

290 posts