Viagogo Ripoff

290 posts
mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Viagogo Ripoff

by mr_number » 15 Nov 2012 16:36

As BF and SF have pointed out, the scheme fulfils a purpose. I've also no real objection to them using Viagogo, despite the fact it's a nasty business. But to allow tickets to be sold for up to double their face value is basically just legalising touting. If they wanted to go down this route, they should have set the maximum value for which the ticket could be resold as face value plus a transaction fee. I have no idea why this hasn't been done, other than for people (who aren't the club) to make profit out of other supporters.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 15 Nov 2012 18:19

The other major issue with this is that the club has the Royalty Points scheme for ticket priority.

But it would appear from what they've said that if you're prepared to pay double the face value for a ticket then you can happily come along and buy it ahead of members with points. Plus, of course, who's to say how long that the "maximum of double the face value" restriction will be in place. Once viagogo realise that for certain games people will be prepared to pay much more for tickets, what are the odds that the price limit will be quietly removed and then it'll be down to e-bay style auctions?

Welcome to the Premier League - where money talks louder than loyalty or doing things the right way.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2012 18:46

Alexander Litvinenko The other major issue with this is that the club has the Royalty Points scheme for ticket priority.

But it would appear from what they've said that if you're prepared to pay double the face value for a ticket then you can happily come along and buy it ahead of members with points. Plus, of course, who's to say how long that the "maximum of double the face value" restriction will be in place. Once viagogo realise that for certain games people will be prepared to pay much more for tickets, what are the odds that the price limit will be quietly removed and then it'll be down to e-bay style auctions?

Welcome to the Premier League - where money talks louder than loyalty or doing things the right way.

Absolutely right. Still can't understand why an organisation like viagogo is allowed to trade in the manner they do and understand even less why RFC (a club who like to talk of 'doing things the right way') have decided to get into bed with them.

Out of interest, what is the club's stance going to be if a supporter sells their seat to a stranger through the scheme that the club have set up and endorsed (even if they aren't getting any form of kickback) and that stranger then causes problems in the stadium?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 15 Nov 2012 18:48

Bought a ticket in Germany through Viagogo. Didn't realise they were such pcunts. :oops:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2012 19:03

St Pauli Bought a ticket in Germany through Viagogo. Didn't realise they were such pcunts. :oops:

Any reseller is but they win the prize for being the biggest of them all! :twisted:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Nov 2012 19:19

Apparently...and this is only apparently... As part of the deal Reading sell Viagogo themselves 25 tickets per game for them to resell as well. Well they have dibs on them, they dont HAVE to take them.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 16 Nov 2012 00:40

moo Apparently...and this is only apparently... As part of the deal Reading sell Viagogo themselves 25 tickets per game for them to resell as well. Well they have dibs on them, they dont HAVE to take them.

Yep, so much for the wanting to see every seat filled.

As part of this initiative, the club will also make a small amount of South Stand match tickets available for sale on the viagogo website, once tickets go to General Sale.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 16 Nov 2012 03:15

Another great idea by the club ruined by implementation. File this one under the same category as the spaz clappers. One day one of these terrible decisions is going to blow up in their face and make them look very stupid.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Nov 2012 08:40

Compo's Hat
moo Apparently...and this is only apparently... As part of the deal Reading sell Viagogo themselves 25 tickets per game for them to resell as well. Well they have dibs on them, they dont HAVE to take them.

Yep, so much for the wanting to see every seat filled.

As part of this initiative, the club will also make a small amount of South Stand match tickets available for sale on the viagogo website, once tickets go to General Sale.

And you can be absolutely sure that there'll be no "maximum value of double the face value cap" on those tickets. They'll be sold for whatever the best price viagogo can get for them.

So, fewer tickets now available to ordinary supporters, instead they're now for sale to anyone prepared to pay over the odds (including away supporters) - with the profits going to a third-party company!

The more that comes out about this, the more it stinks!

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Nov 2012 10:32

Are there any tickets available for the Everton game? Can someone provide me with a link?

kitsons pubes

by kitsons pubes » 16 Nov 2012 10:44

creative_username_1 Are there any tickets available for the Everton game? Can someone provide me with a link?

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/readingfc/ = there are loads!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Nov 2012 10:50

Oy vey, you'll fit in well bubbl-a

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Nov 2012 11:02

They had 4 tickets available in the South Stand at Readingfcdirect. Taking my 5year old to his first game, 'Yes son it's perfectly normal for us to get beaten'. The SS is pretty quiet isn't it?

Thanks for the tip AL

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Nov 2012 11:31

Ideal
Alexander Litvinenko Why not do it in-house and provide it as a service, with a small commission charge to cover the transaction cost - rather than outsource it to this particularly disreputable bunch of shysters who will charge much, much more than a small commission charge?

Toronto FC in Canada do that, and it works really well

LuLz i'm from Toronto but didn't get into Football until i came to study in Europe

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 16 Nov 2012 11:44

Ideal
creative_username_1 i'm from Toronto but didn't get into Football until i came to study in Europe

Cool, well I've been to watch Toronto FC once, I had met this chick from Toronto at a black metal concert over here in Norway, obviously women interested in satanic music who travel thousands of miles to listen to satanic music are bound to be a bit nuts, but it was a nice trip, I got some good servings of vag, and she had smashing tits :D

ihateviagogo

by ihateviagogo » 16 Nov 2012 11:55

Viagogo claim its website is for fans to exchange tickets with each other but the Channel 4 investigation (earlier this year) into online ticket touts uncovered Viagogo’s dodgy practices. Viagogo staff buy massive quantities of tickets for gigs and sell them at hugely inflated prices, so your tickets are not coming from fans.
This year Viagogo has bought 50,000 tickets for acts, sporting events and musical events including 9,000 Coldplay tickets, 3,000 Westlife tickets and 2,200 Rihanna tickets. These tickets would go for up to £1,344!!!
We need to spread the word and let people know that Viagogo are touts. http://www.ihateviagogo.org/

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Nov 2012 12:00

That was quick Dirk, how did you get a new login so quick?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Nov 2012 12:18

I've been trying to get a ticket for tomorrow through official means for about a month, with no luck whatsoever (apparently sold out). Click on this thread, and then the Viagogo link and there are loads available. You cannot tell me that they are all from fans not wishing to go tomorrow ? This stinks. What a horrible grubby little club we are becoming.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 16 Nov 2012 12:46

Say if you are a member but resort to Viagogo and a ticket it loaded onto your card, do you still get the Royalty Points?

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Nov 2012 13:09

there's not that many. I'd expect people to have lots of other commitments throughout the year.

290 posts