Constant Away Supporters in the Home End

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Constant Away Supporters in the Home End

by peterroyal76 » 18 Nov 2012 20:34

philM
madreadingfan Yeah but the viagogo process is that you have to be a reading fan and you can only buy a ticket on there if you have a reading fc customer number?

Also, the Viagogo conditions state..

Viagogo and Reading FC reserve the right to cancel orders from buyers suspected to be fans of the opposition.

Which we all know the club won't do. the Everton fans next to me in the upper west said they bought their tickets from the club. A row of seven in front, two to my left and four to my right.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 18 Nov 2012 21:02

I always find this argument a bit pot, kettle, black. We as a club have sat in the home ends during big games we didn't want to miss out on. You only need look at Birmingham last season for the most recent example! Every game in the Premier League is a big game. If the demand was there from the home fans, and they had some points behind them and they called the club and purchased their tickets as soon as they were able to, then they wouldn't miss out. As long as the stadium is packed every week, then the club are happy, and I see little wrong with a few away fans getting tickets in the home ends if they can get them and they respect those around them while they're there.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 18 Nov 2012 21:08

larry1971
Royal91 It's a complete joke that away fans are getting in the home stands and getting away with it. These away fans don't even try to hide it, cheering, jeering and wearing their colours and that annoys me most.

out!

there was a problem with away fans just behind me over looking the disabled section in the corner of the north and main stand when we scored some guys were very swearing and being offensive now I'm not sure if these comments were being directed as the woman in front of me kids but she did turn round and tell them to be quiet. She got a mouthfull of abuse and rightly complained to the stewards who did warn them and kept an eye on them for the rest of the game these same blokes had already been told by a steward to stop the offensive languge because there were young children sitting next to them.The problem is these away fans are not actually in the home end but are sitting in the executive boxes next to the home fans so the stewards are seemingly powerless to act because these away fans are with a larg group of other people and attempting to throw them out would cause far more trouble. I don't know if the club has a policy of selling executive boxes to away fans or if these guys are just guests of Reading fans but it's happened several times now this season that some away fans sitting in that end box have been very offensive.

I sit in this area and the large groups of away fans being allowed in is getting very annoying.....don't mind when it's corporate groups, but yesterday it was a group of about 10-15 young men who were being very loud and abusive from the get go. I have complained to the club and they have said they will look into it. If anyone else is getting annoyed at the large numbers of thuggish away fans in the corporate areas please contact kpike@readingfc.co.uk to voice your concerns.....

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 18 Nov 2012 21:44

philM
harryroyal i don't to be honest,if people weren't so angry and just evaluated what was important in life we wouldn't need segregation at all.

Have you ever sat next to a noisy away supporter in the home stands? I'm guessing not.

I have and, amazingly, I didn't froth at the mouth or kick the shit out of them.

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 18 Nov 2012 22:09

Jerry St Clair
philM
harryroyal i don't to be honest,if people weren't so angry and just evaluated what was important in life we wouldn't need segregation at all.

Have you ever sat next to a noisy away supporter in the home stands? I'm guessing not.

I have and, amazingly, I didn't froth at the mouth or kick the shit out of them.

hi Jerry, we should be friends.

philM

by philM » 18 Nov 2012 22:52

Jerry St Clair
philM

As I said earlier neither did I. I just didn't feel comfortable supporting the team as I usually do, as it all felt a bit competitive in a personal way. (Maybe that was because he was about twice my size and stared at me whenever I made a noise!)

Anyway, I won't be back in the South stand again for a long time. Y22 feels like home.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Nov 2012 08:46

RoyalBlue
Thames I appreciate this might not be the correct place for this thread but it needs to be in The Team to maximise the viewing.

Every time we play a "bigger team" - Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc there are a large number of away supporters in the home end. Firstly, why are the club standing by and letting this happen and secondly how can they persist with this Viagogo nonsense. Where does it end? Eventually there will be a huge fight in the ground and in typical Reading FC Stewarding style they would probably ban the home supporters!

There was a full scale arguement between a group of Arsenal fans and Reading Fans in the ground during the Carling Cup game which luckily just about cooled down before fists started to be thrown and yesterday when Everton scored 3 large men were jumping up and down celebrating! The bearded steward with longish hair who everyone knows in Y25 walked past laughing! I swear to god this man takes pleasure in irritating Reading FC fans.

As a side note, when we played Spurs there were 2 men in Spurs shirts in the Reading end. They must have walked through the turnstiles and into thier seat like this with no stewards telling them it was unacceptable. How many other grounds would this happen at? Totally inept stewarding.

Reading FC need to sort this out immediatley. It's a matter of time before there is some genuine trouble and I do not want that spoiling the reputation of our family club. Unfortunatley I fear we are gonna have to wait for someone to get hurt before a reaction.

Isn't that bearded bloke one of the senior stewards?

Years ago the club first had the idea of these happy clapper things which resulted in a lot of them being made into paper aeroplanes and thrown on the pitch. This is the same steward who threw MULTIPLE paper aeroplanes into groups of fans in Y26.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 19 Nov 2012 10:25

Yes, everyone's watched an away game from a home section - I was in a home section at St Mary's in April, with 2,000 Reading fans lording it over me and flicking the Vs etc .....

But the unwritten (and common sense) rule is that if you're an away supporter in a home section then you don't draw attention to yourself. The fact that largish groups of away supporters feel able to do that suggests a problem.

Twix

by Twix » 19 Nov 2012 11:16

I’m sure we all know glory hunting Man Utd supporters that were born in Berkshire and have been to the odd game at the Madejski.
Now imagine a scenario where we stay up this year and the following season our last home game is against Man Utd, we need a draw to stay up and they need a win to secure the title.

That would be a big game so would be sold based on royalty points, many of our fans that have been priced out of a season ticket or now live outside Reading would want to attend the game so those local Man Utd fans are unlikely to get tickets as they wouldn’t have enough points .
However thanks to Viaggogo they’ll now have a good chance of being able to buy tickets in the home end and with emotions running high on both sides that’s bound it result in trouble.

I’m not saying we wouldn’t do the same thing but the club should be trying to prevent that sort of situation (which selling on royalty points do to a certain degree) but instead they’re making it easier.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Nov 2012 11:21

Could well happen with Man City this season, our final home game

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 19 Nov 2012 11:30

If there was enough home demand this would not be an issue.

I'd rather the club got the revenue than smiting our collective noses with an empty seat. The majority of away fans in the home end do not wear colours and don't over celebrate. I’ve sat in home ends before because I could not get an away ticket or went with friends who supported our opponents.

I also note that Rugby fans seem perfectly able to sit next to each other without resorting to physical violence. Miracle eh?

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 19 Nov 2012 11:45

Like most right-thinking heterosexuals, I love watching trouble at football, so I'm all for away fans in the home end.

Well done Reading FC on a rare victory.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 19 Nov 2012 12:05

Alexander Litvinenko Yes, everyone's watched an away game from a home section - I was in a home section at St Mary's in April, with 2,000 Reading fans lording it over me and flicking the Vs etc .....

But the unwritten (and common sense) rule is that if you're an away supporter in a home section then you don't draw attention to yourself. The fact that largish groups of away supporters feel able to do that suggests a problem.

Yes, crap stewarding! Stewards that ignore home fans complaints because they're intimidated and don't want to cause a scene.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Nov 2012 12:28

What is the point of a membership card scheme if away fans can actually purchase one to get tickets on?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Nov 2012 12:33

LoyalRoyalFan What is the point of a membership card scheme if away fans can actually purchase one to get tickets on?

They're free aren't they?

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 19 Nov 2012 12:45

LoyalRoyalFan What is the point of a membership card scheme if away fans can actually purchase one to get tickets on?

LoLz

Lucky Libran

by Lucky Libran » 19 Nov 2012 15:50

Twix I’m sure we all know glory hunting Man Utd supporters that were born in Berkshire and have been to the odd game at the Madejski.
Now imagine a scenario where we stay up this year and the following season our last home game is against Man Utd, we need a draw to stay up and they need a win to secure the title.

Can it be the other way around, please?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 19 Nov 2012 18:02

Once were Biscuitmen If there was enough home demand this would not be an issue.

I'd rather the club got the revenue than smiting our collective noses with an empty seat. The majority of away fans in the home end do not wear colours and don't over celebrate. I’ve sat in home ends before because I could not get an away ticket or went with friends who supported our opponents.

I also note that Rugby fans seem perfectly able to sit next to each other without resorting to physical violence. Miracle eh?

:roll:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Nov 2012 18:11

It works for those of us that have been around for longer than a few months... New fans = no points = missing out here and there. Tough!

Support the club for more than 5 minutes and build your points up and then you wont miss out.

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 19 Nov 2012 18:16

General B Like most right-thinking heterosexuals, I love watching trouble at football, so I'm all for away fans in the home end.

Well done Reading FC on a rare victory.

this made me lol.