Constant Away Supporters in the Home End

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Constant Away Supporters in the Home End

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Nov 2012 20:37

SPARTA
LoyalRoyalFan What is the point of a membership card scheme if away fans can actually purchase one to get tickets on?

It works for those of us that have been around for longer than a few months... New fans = no points = missing out here and there. Tough!

Support the club for more than 5 minutes and build your points up and then you wont miss out.

If this is aimed at me then your missing the point completely.

:roll:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Nov 2012 20:57

LoyalRoyalFan
SPARTA
LoyalRoyalFan What is the point of a membership card scheme if away fans can actually purchase one to get tickets on?

It works for those of us that have been around for longer than a few months... New fans = no points = missing out here and there. Tough!

Support the club for more than 5 minutes and build your points up and then you wont miss out.

If this is aimed at me then your missing the point completely.

:roll:

How would I know if you're a new fan or fair-weather?

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 20 Nov 2012 13:03

Big Foot
RoyalBlue
Thames I appreciate this might not be the correct place for this thread but it needs to be in The Team to maximise the viewing.

Every time we play a "bigger team" - Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc there are a large number of away supporters in the home end. Firstly, why are the club standing by and letting this happen and secondly how can they persist with this Viagogo nonsense. Where does it end? Eventually there will be a huge fight in the ground and in typical Reading FC Stewarding style they would probably ban the home supporters!

There was a full scale arguement between a group of Arsenal fans and Reading Fans in the ground during the Carling Cup game which luckily just about cooled down before fists started to be thrown and yesterday when Everton scored 3 large men were jumping up and down celebrating! The bearded steward with longish hair who everyone knows in Y25 walked past laughing! I swear to god this man takes pleasure in irritating Reading FC fans.

As a side note, when we played Spurs there were 2 men in Spurs shirts in the Reading end. They must have walked through the turnstiles and into thier seat like this with no stewards telling them it was unacceptable. How many other grounds would this happen at? Totally inept stewarding.

Reading FC need to sort this out immediatley. It's a matter of time before there is some genuine trouble and I do not want that spoiling the reputation of our family club. Unfortunatley I fear we are gonna have to wait for someone to get hurt before a reaction.

Isn't that bearded bloke one of the senior stewards?

Years ago the club first had the idea of these happy clapper things which resulted in a lot of them being made into paper aeroplanes and thrown on the pitch. This is the same steward who threw MULTIPLE paper aeroplanes into groups of fans in Y26.

He is and he is complete cnut. Lost count of how many times over the years i wanted to deck that Bellend.
Obnoxious and Cocky and does nothing to raise the reputation of his colleagues.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 20 Nov 2012 13:22

madreadingfan Yeah but the viagogo process is that you have to be a reading fan and you can only buy a ticket on there if you have a reading fc customer number?

..and another naive person thinking that the facts matter on an HNA thread!

Sidindaclub

by Sidindaclub » 22 Nov 2012 20:30

i goto more away games now than home games, so not a season ticket holder, had to sit in the south stand vs everton, when we scored, i jumped up went mental, and literally saw about 25 people in the row in front of me and behind me, all remaining in their seats? strange??????? they were all everton fans lol.

there was also one loud oxf*rd singing a song about peinaar and everton in the first half, didnt see him second half maybe he got asked to leave? i hope so, he was doing it on purpose and the everton fans sat in the row behind me had a nice chuckle to themselves, bunch of oxf*rd

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 22 Nov 2012 23:33

Just to add a bit of spice.....

How many nobbers were on ths board at the end of last season telling everyone when they had a ticket in one of the home stands at Southampton and Wet Sham. Let alone all those that have their tiresome tales of the infamous Leicester promotion game.

The Rsenal game had all sots of day trippers. I had to show 2 separate foreigners, no English at all, to their seat as they couldn't understand the letter Q and therefore where their set was

Away fans in home ends happen. Get over it. And do we really as normal human beings have to start a fight because someone cheers if the opposition score. Give them a bit of banter back and get on with it.

........ Here comes the abuse..................

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Nov 2012 02:32

notloyalenuffroyal Just to add a bit of spice.....

How many nobbers were on ths board at the end of last season telling everyone when they had a ticket in one of the home stands at Southampton and Wet Sham. Let alone all those that have their tiresome tales of the infamous Leicester promotion game.

The Rsenal game had all sots of day trippers. I had to show 2 separate foreigners, no English at all, to their seat as they couldn't understand the letter Q and therefore where their set was

Away fans in home ends happen. Get over it. And do we really as normal human beings have to start a fight because someone cheers if the opposition score. Give them a bit of banter back and get on with it.

........ Here comes the abuse..................

If they turn up wearing neutral attire then I don't mind, its when they parade around in their teams colours that pisses me off

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 23 Nov 2012 09:33

Yep, as I said on page 2, we've all done it at one time or another.

But if you're an away supporter in a home stand you just shouldn't draw attention to yourself.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 23 Nov 2012 14:43

Just to let you all know I'll be in the wrong end for Spurs v Reading on New Years Day.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Nov 2012 15:02

Leeds away in a corporate box last year, when Church scored I found it hard to contain myself but managed to style it and turn into a pretend display of anger. Had to watch the 2nd half of the game inside the box as couldn't keep quiet.

mbb

by mbb » 23 Nov 2012 20:02

Big Foot, do believe I was in that corporate box with you at Leeds!

Couldn't believe how many of Leeds 'care in the community' were sat in the seats in front of us. They were hilarious!!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Nov 2012 23:33

mbb Big Foot, do believe I was in that corporate box with you at Leeds!

Couldn't believe how many of Leeds 'care in the community' were sat in the seats in front of us. They were hilarious!!

Sounds about right m8 :mrgreen:

Indeed, it did seem like a day trip from the local loony asylum(s)

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Nov 2012 11:36

Thames
RoyalBlue
Thames I appreciate this might not be the correct place for this thread but it needs to be in The Team to maximise the viewing.

Every time we play a "bigger team" - Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc there are a large number of away supporters in the home end. Firstly, why are the club standing by and letting this happen and secondly how can they persist with this Viagogo nonsense. Where does it end? Eventually there will be a huge fight in the ground and in typical Reading FC Stewarding style they would probably ban the home supporters!

There was a full scale arguement between a group of Arsenal fans and Reading Fans in the ground during the Carling Cup game which luckily just about cooled down before fists started to be thrown and yesterday when Everton scored 3 large men were jumping up and down celebrating! The bearded steward with longish hair who everyone knows in Y25 walked past laughing! I swear to god this man takes pleasure in irritating Reading FC fans.

As a side note, when we played Spurs there were 2 men in Spurs shirts in the Reading end. They must have walked through the turnstiles and into thier seat like this with no stewards telling them it was unacceptable. How many other grounds would this happen at? Totally inept stewarding.

Reading FC need to sort this out immediatley. It's a matter of time before there is some genuine trouble and I do not want that spoiling the reputation of our family club. Unfortunatley I fear we are gonna have to wait for someone to get hurt before a reaction.

Isn't that bearded bloke one of the senior stewards?

I believe so. He's been around for years

Full of his own importance.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Nov 2012 13:07

Alexander Litvinenko Yep, as I said on page 2, we've all done it at one time or another.

But if you're an away supporter in a home stand you just shouldn't draw attention to yourself.

Agreed. I would also have a blanket ban on wearing other clubs shirts in the home end. No excuses. If you're stupid enough to wear your own clubs top to an away game in the home section then you should be slung out.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 26 Nov 2012 13:12

Royal With Cheese
Alexander Litvinenko Yep, as I said on page 2, we've all done it at one time or another.

Agreed. I would also have a blanket ban on wearing other clubs shirts in the home end. No excuses. If you're stupid enough to wear your own clubs top to an away game in the home section then you should be slung out.

In principle, yes - but do the stewards then throw out the 6-year-old kid wearing the Man Utd hat? The problem with rules like that is where you draw the boundaries.

People say there'll be problems, but so far there haven't really been, which suggest the approach of "stewarding according to actual risk" seems to be working.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Nov 2012 16:23

I think if the stewards see someone wearing a way colours they ask them to cover up and keep a low profile in their seats.
If they don't, one chance and they're out.
If there is no places in the away end then they'll be wandering outside the Mad Stad until the end of the game.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 28 Nov 2012 18:21

Let me quote from the Rules of the FA and FIFA....
18 Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.
I suggest that if you see any "Away" supporters in the Reading part of our ground you report it to the stewards and tell them if they don't act, you will.....

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 28 Nov 2012 18:47

If you push an away supporter down the stairs, it would be the club that get sued, not you.

So, push away fans down the stairs, and fingers crossed they break their neck lols

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 29 Nov 2012 00:14

percy_freeman Let me quote from the Rules of the FA and FIFA....
18 Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.
I suggest that if you see any "Away" supporters in the Reading part of our ground you report it to the stewards and tell them if they don't act, you will.....

The emphasis is on "may be ejected"- not "will be."

If ejecting them is deemed to be a greater risk than leaving them where they are that's what will happen, no matter how many regulations you quote at the stewards.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Dec 2012 11:54

I'm in the South stand today and I wont put up with any Man Utd supporters that make a noise. It's one thing being in the wrong part of the stadium but a completely different thing flaunting it!