New sponsor to appear on club shorts

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New sponsor to appear on club shorts

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Jul 2013 13:25

melonhead
Ian Royal
Cobi Samuelson also said when the takeover was announced that we will later look at stadium sponsorship as well, and that makes perfect sense with FFP. I don't care what they cal the ground anyway, it's only ever "the football ground" to me.

Don't want the stadium name to change, don't like that sort of sponsorship. Happy to see each stand individually sponsored. I guess I could cope without too much grumbling about 'The "Blah blah" Madejski Stadium'.

Fine with the odd logo tastefully embalzoned on the kit. Short of something on the socks I think we're at the limit of tastefulness now though.

couldnt caere less about he name. the name means nothing. its not like an ancient historic ground or any thing

Exactly - and you could have it both ways as well e.g. The Microsoft Madejski Stadium. Be more in tune with the hotel name as well - Millennium Madejski

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 11 Jul 2013 20:01

melonhead couldnt caere less about he name. the name means nothing. its not like an ancient historic ground or any thing

I doubt many care about the stadium not being called the Madejski Stadium.

The fear is more about it being called The Weetabix Bowl, or something equally as tacky.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 12 Jul 2013 14:55

If we're not in the BPL when the Financial Fair Play rules kick in these sponsorship initiatives will be key to raising cash that is income.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 12 Jul 2013 15:56

madstadblues If we're not in the BPL when the Financial Fair Play rules kick in these sponsorship initiatives will be key to raising cash that is income.

They kick in this season don't they? We get away with it a bit due to parachute payments.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jul 2013 14:00

melonhead
Ian Royal
Cobi Samuelson also said when the takeover was announced that we will later look at stadium sponsorship as well, and that makes perfect sense with FFP. I don't care what they cal the ground anyway, it's only ever "the football ground" to me.

Don't want the stadium name to change, don't like that sort of sponsorship. Happy to see each stand individually sponsored. I guess I could cope without too much grumbling about 'The "Blah blah" Madejski Stadium'.

Fine with the odd logo tastefully embalzoned on the kit. Short of something on the socks I think we're at the limit of tastefulness now though.

couldnt caere less about he name. the name means nothing. its not like an ancient historic ground or any thing

Not yet. It will be one day. For me, the club name and the stadium name are the two constants (bar ground moves which happen so rarely) amongst constant flux. It's the inevitable frequent name change that comes with sponsorship that leaves me very very cold.