Will you renew your season ticket for 2014/15?

185 posts

Will you renew your season ticket for 2014/15?

I will renew my season ticket no matter what
59%
I will renew only if new ownership is secured
3%
I wont be renewing my season ticket anyway
14%
I wont be renewing knowing we are returning to selling our best players just to get by again
3%
Currently undecided
20%

Total votes: 148
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Will you renew your season ticket for 2014/15?

by SPARTA » 29 Mar 2014 20:16

RoyalTank Any news on this?

It seems a lot later than normal?

Direct website just says season ticket info coming soon.. it's said that for weeks tho. The club are probably waiting to see what league we're in next season before deciding prices.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2014 22:39

They've decided the prices, just not put them on sale yet or made the announcement. That's probably a good sign as if they were as hard up as some suggest they'd be trying to get our cash as early as possible !

under the tin

by under the tin » 02 Apr 2014 08:30

Nameless They've decided the prices, just not put them on sale yet or made the announcement. That's probably a good sign as if they were as hard up as some suggest they'd be trying to get our cash as early as possible !

Ticket sales are a pimple on a pig's @rse in terms of club revenue.
At an average of £500 a pop, if 12,000 renew tomorrow, that pays total staff wages for two months :( .
If Pog's on £40K a week, it means that about 4,000 of those renewals will be needed to cover his annual basic wage alone.
Alex Pearce needs 1,600 to cover his.
Scary.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Apr 2014 08:38

under the tin
Nameless They've decided the prices, just not put them on sale yet or made the announcement. That's probably a good sign as if they were as hard up as some suggest they'd be trying to get our cash as early as possible !

At an average of £500 a pop, if 12,000 renew tomorrow, that pays total staff wages for two months :( .
If Pog's on £40K a week, it means that about 4,000 of those renewals will be needed to cover his annual basic wage alone.
Scary.

'Dunno what you're talking 'bout m8. We pay their wages so we can say what we want'.

under the tin

by under the tin » 02 Apr 2014 08:47

sandman
under the tin

Scary.

'Dunno what you're talking 'bout m8. We pay their wages so we can say what we want'.

Quite. :wink:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 11 Apr 2014 17:56

Renewed.

Dano

by Dano » 11 Apr 2014 23:01

Purchased!

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Dilemma!

by Royal & Ancient » 19 Apr 2014 23:04

Do I or dont I ?
This enticement letter to renew my Season Ticket has been sitting there for a week and for the first time in years I feel like binning it!
Having been a follower and supporter since 1946/7 this is not the first time I've felt like this but always carried on.
You just can't abandon your home town club but is it anymore?
We now have an invisible owner
A Chairman without control
A Team who aren't
A Manager who can't
A Captain who doesn't
Players who don't
Fans who are shortchanged and have been misinformed. Even the attendance figures are incorrect - the actual word means 'bums on seats' rather than including absent S/T holders.
Thinking back to all those dreary years, at least there was honest endeavour, in Divn.3 South and lower(!),even a couple of seasons in Divn 2!.The last ten have been amazing for the Club,players, fans and Reading as a town. But, somehow, in spite of the league position,the season has turned sour. Almost certainly the uncertainty at the top has a bearing on this. But we are (reliably?) informed that there is no problem, that we will not do a "Portsmouth". But this invisible Russian now owns the Club and could do anything with it - perhaps his President may annexe it ! And put 11 Russians to fall over on the pitch.
And,whilst I am having a moan why should my meagre pension go towards the life style of an ex prima donna whose training appears to be spent in night clubs until 4.00a.m. when the neighbourhood is woken by his extremely noisy car! I suppose Robin Friday thrived on this lifestyle but at least he turned it on on the pitch.
So do I light up the shredder?
But wait - the Under 21s. have put in a superb season so perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.
And what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon? Anxietise listening to Dellor? Worse shopping!!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Dilemma!

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Apr 2014 23:07

If you can make all of the games (before S$y change the goalposts or not)....renew

If you are at risk of missing some of them because of S$y's rescheduling...resist

fed-up of non 3pm Saturday kick-offs

You are a true Reading fan.....the years previous to the last twelve were sh1t, yet you were there

However, dont be mugged over by S$y and its money grabbing disruptions, it will kill the game, that is all

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Apr 2014 23:17

Get a season ticket. Just get one.

The u-18s and u21s are a credit to the club and the town. Support them as they come through the ranks. The future is going to be exciting at this club.

No brainer. No dilemma here.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 20 Apr 2014 02:47

I have supported Reading for over 55 years now but this year is the first time I have been a ST holder. Officially becoming an old fart meant I could justify the expense even though I live over an hour's drive away from the Mad Stad. It has been a frustrating experience and I am debating with myself whether or not to renew (but I probably will!). We do have good players but they are under-performing as a team. My instinct is to put this down to the manager because it is his job to mould the players into a team and to dictate the tactics. NA is also not a likeable person in the way that Brian and Sir Steve were. He is full of sound bites and platitudes which do not endear him to us fans and he has no sense of humour. His obvious anger at our performance against Wigan was a welcome departure from his usual stance and he has also had a catalogue of injuries that have disrupted us and a back drop of ownership and financial issues which have not helped.

In the last analysis though we will have had the 7th (8th or 9th?) best season in our history and our academy and U21 teams have had their best seasons ever and promise much for the future if we can hang onto them. Doom and gloom is, as always, relative. And, however it feels on the day, it is only a game! Now - where is that ST renewal notice?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Apr 2014 03:48

Same thread every year from R&A. Got lambasted before, and if anyone can be arsed to look they will see what crap if comes up with every time. To be honest no one cares, and there is already a season ticket thread running. Add to that.
Funnily enough. Last season it was after a Wigan disgrace

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 20 Apr 2014 06:13

Stick with it Royal & Ancient. At least your not Royal & Dead.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Apr 2014 07:06

Deja vu.

1946----2013
Post by Royal & Ancient » 04 Mar 2013 12:18

It has been some journey but this old timer (coming up to 81) will not be renewing my S/T next season. My pension will be needed for life's essentials and after the Wigan disgrace ( and I'm sorry but that's what it was), I just don't have the incentive to pay to watch disinterested, overpaid players and a Manager patently out of his depth at this level.
I think we should have been reimbursed for that display!
Have many happy memories over the years.From early Elm Park days (the Wantage Road exit was open at half time so,as kids, you could nip in), lots of mud,leather,dubbin and Sloanes liniment. Meeting the players , Maurice Edelston, Dennis Allen, Jimmy Wheeler and others as, in those days Reading was a small market town. Seeing some of the greats, Tommy Lawton stands out for me, trying to forget standing on a table,singing, in the Spread. Going to the Matthews Cup final, all the 1966 games at Wembley. But now I have this feeling (as have others) of being let down badly. Lots of talk about the future from the top but unless a miracle happens (starting with Villa on Saturday- and dont underrate them!) relegation beckons. And we will be back to being a small club with limited ambition.
Rant over.
Good luck and best wishes to all Hob Nobbers

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 20 Apr 2014 11:20

Well thanks Harpers and Platypus for your eloquent contributions. At least I have (had?) a passion for this Club and many happy memories of both players and games,far outweighing the occasional negative ones.
Anyway the problem has been solved by Sky who have changed their download to IOS 6+ which means my I Pad1 will have to be changed up so there goes my S/T money anyway.
Cheers and good luck to you all

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2014 11:33

One less person to moan during games so good news all round.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Apr 2014 12:22

ive said it before

but moaning nobheads are the only thing that will stop me getting a season ticket. not the football, not the results.
just the negative divs in the stands

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2014 13:30

melonhead ive said it before

but moaning nobheads are the only thing that will stop me getting a season ticket. not the football, not the results.
just the negative divs in the stands

How many are round you? It's not tooooo bad near me. But the couple there are are like fog horns. And I'm next to two old geezers who get uppity about standing.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 20 Apr 2014 16:08

Unexpected turn of events meaning my marriage is over, means I wont be renewing our season tickets. Instead I'll be trying to save money where ever possible and relying on the radio. Oh well.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 20 Apr 2014 16:59

Anyway the problem has been solved by Sky who have changed their download to IOS 6+ which means my I Pad1 will have to be changed up

Royal and Ancient, are you really eighty-two ? If you are, then good on you - but somehow, hmmmmm.........

185 posts