Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Yellowcoat

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Yellowcoat » 31 Mar 2015 15:54

my mate, a former STH for a number of years, isn't coming.[/quote]

RFC said throughout that any STH who wanted to be with anyone who had limited points should wait until they were eligible to purchase to ensure that they were together. They even guaranteed that over 300 points would get a ticket. You decided to panic so it is your fault your friend will not be with you not the club.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Mar 2015 15:55

people didn't panic thinking they wouldn't get a ticket people panicked because they didn't want to sit in the gods

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 31 Mar 2015 16:04

Ticket purchased, not sure £65 is good value for watching us get smashed!!!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Mar 2015 16:06

Hoop Blah
Nameless Do you know if the ticketing system can do +1 where that + 1 has to fit certain criteria ?
Lots of great hindsight on display at the moment, I bet if they had done +1 we'd have very similar discussions about wht that was wrong....

It manages to process groups of tickets together when all those member cards are eligible so I'd assume they'd have some capacity for setting up difference thresholds for the plus 1.

My comments aren't hindsight by the way, I said on here at the time it was probably the wrong move commercially and that I thought STH should get a plus 1. I also didn't think we'd sell out before going on what is in effect general sale but I didn't take that chance because of the clubs statements so my mate, a former STH for a number of years, isn't coming.

So for once the club put fairness above commercial concerns and still they get slated. There really isn't anyway they could have done this that wouldn't have seen people complain.

If the aim was to maximise the number of tickets sold then yes a plus 1 for STH's (which I fully expected them to do ) would have been the right move. If the aim was to make absol;utely sure that all genuine Reading fans get a ticket then they've gone about it in the right way even if ultimately it means we don't sell as many. I get the issue wrt kids but as I said earlier how do the club know how many kids a STH has? And frankly if the only thing stopping grown adults from going is that they can't sit with their mates for the duration of a football match then frankly they'll be happier at home in front of the TV anyway.

There are still users on here offering the opportunity of seats next to each other with their season tickets btw yet still there's some berk complaining that the club are preventing him from going with his missus.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 31 Mar 2015 16:06

WoodleyRoyal people didn't panic thinking they wouldn't get a ticket people panicked because they didn't want to sit in the gods

We thought exactly that. Bought the first 9 in block 120 but didn't get the other 3 tickets until Friday thinking that the bottom tier would be sold out. As it turned out we got the last 3 in block 117 so should have waited. Would have got the seats where we wanted and together.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Mar 2015 16:13

muddyfeet Ticket purchased, not sure £65 is good value for watching us get smashed!!!

Whats seats you in to pay £65???

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 31 Mar 2015 16:14

[
Yellowcoat
my mate, a former STH for a number of years, isn't coming.

RFC said throughout that any STH who wanted to be with anyone who had limited points should wait until they were eligible to purchase to ensure that they were together. They even guaranteed that over 300 points would get a ticket. You decided to panic so it is your fault your friend will not be with you not the club.

No they didn't.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 31 Mar 2015 16:21

Dave-Royal Well I just brought 2 tickets for £43 now... going with my unlce... in reading end..... and I gave my other ticket to the friend get in :lol:

Thanks for the update Kes.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 31 Mar 2015 16:25

Nameless
theresayakonthepitch
Nameless Do you know if the ticketing system can do +1 where that + 1 has to fit certain criteria ?
Lots of great hindsight on display at the moment, I bet if they had done +1 we'd have very similar discussions about wht that was wrong....

If you call them it seems they can do whatever they like. Mate got an additional +2 for his kids on a member card with 400 points earlier.
Got to sit separately but the +2s aren't even members

So your plan is for everyone to phone up to buy tickets from the start...

That would work :wink:

No. Just saying if anyone wants any extras then the club seems to be doing what they can to help out if you are a member. Didn't say anything about from the start.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 31 Mar 2015 16:28

Dave-Royal Well I just brought 2 tickets for £43 now... going with my unlce... in reading end..... and I gave my other ticket to the friend get in :lol:

Hopefully you fall.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 31 Mar 2015 16:35

TBM
But you were the main one banging on about how STH's shouldn't be given a +1.........If they had, then i don't believe we would have been in this embarrassing position

What's next

"If you've ever come off of the M4 at Junction 11 then you can now buy a ticket"

Why is this embarrassing. We have ensured that every member got a ticket who wanted one. That was the main objective in my view. Will a few empty seats at the back be that much of an issue?

Y25Beryl

by Y25Beryl » 31 Mar 2015 16:39

Hey Dave Royal,
I know you !
You drink up the Swan don't you lol
Clever use of the name Dave Royal
Its a mamagram of his name Lol
And he does shit himself lol
Ypu always said you went up the Arse with your unlce lol
See you down the pub dve lol

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 31 Mar 2015 16:42

Dave-Royal
Samrfc01

Hopefully you fall.

How about this I got 3 ticket on My ST haha

Why would I care?

You seem like the sort of person that is really "close" to their Uncle.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 31 Mar 2015 16:43

TBM
muddyfeet Ticket purchased, not sure £65 is good value for watching us get smashed!!!

Whats seats you in to pay £65???

Good point, I'm demanding my £2 back!

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 31 Mar 2015 16:44

Dave-Royal
Samrfc01

Hopefully you fall.

How about this I got 3 ticket on My ST haha

So that's the ST +2 as per the club policy. Well done for getting exactly what you were entitled to. Hopefully you will one day get what you actually deserve.

anR

by anR » 31 Mar 2015 16:53

Vision if the only thing stopping grown adults from going is that they can't sit with their mates for the duration of a football match then frankly they'll be happier at home in front of the TV anyway.

Perfectly put. We are in a better situation now with the +1 problem, than if real fans were either in need of a live telly feed complete with sound delay in the upper tier and replaced with people that didn't really care in the good seats or had missed out all together. I guess the club can do no right...

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 Mar 2015 17:06

Pinched from the facebook discussion:

If the club address the Royalty Points issues (expiring old points/inflating current points - so 'active' supporters are recognised) they could abandon the initial STH priority and go back to rewarding loyal fans on the points system only.

STHs shouldn't have any rights over seats at an away or neutral venue.

Go back to points based allocations, slot in a STH only day to accommodate new STHs who have made a financial commitment to the club, and allow +1s at every stage.

Easy

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Mar 2015 17:11

but attendances are falling, by offering a greater incentive to be a STH it might make people think they need to get one if they want to go to the big games

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 31 Mar 2015 17:20

Why are people still banging on about STH being priority, ofcourse they should be! It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
Maybe if we approach this from a different angle you'll see. I'll offer an analogy to stir things up a bit.

You are a landlord, you have two applicants;

Person A - Will give you a 1 off payment in full for 12 months rent, before he has even moved into the property, regardless of whether they are living there or not during that period.

Person B - Will pay you in monthly installments when he fancies living there / can afford to do so.

Who would you rank higher? Like it or not, one is clearly more committed than the other, whatever reason aside, money talks. It's not about if you were previously like Person A and are now like Person B, it's always going to be about the person that is putting money into the pocket NOW, not 5 years ago etc.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 31 Mar 2015 17:24

Dave-Royal
Samrfc01

Hopefully you fall.

What a Stupid person you Are.... wont fall from there pal. I seat there before in play off Final ve Swansea the other End,,, You talking to Mr RFC here u better to watch u Step Son. all I will report u

So you were not going because you were scared we are going to lose etc. then going with uncle and his girlfriend in the arsenal end....now going in the reading end!
If you are going to be. A wind up, you might want to stick to one story!
You complete idiot, and don't come back with stop picking on me bull......

2002 posts