How many minutes before the end did you leave?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: How many minutes before the end did you leave?

by bobby1413 » 23 Apr 2015 11:37

Dick Habbin's hairdo I don't know what you lot are all fussing about queues for the tube.....

I left a few minutes after the final whistle, walked to Wembley Central, went through Queue E, boarded waiting empty train and was back in the Golden Eagle in Marylebone by c.8.20. 8)

I think it took about 45 minutes for me to get down to Wembley Central. I left about 10 minutes after final whistle which probably explains it. Got caught in all the stoppages by stewards

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 23 Apr 2015 12:14

Dick Habbin's hairdo I don't know what you lot are all fussing about queues for the tube.....

I left a few minutes after the final whistle, walked to Wembley Central, went through Queue E, boarded waiting empty train and was back in the Golden Eagle in Marylebone by c.8.20. 8)

And as far as queues for the Wembley Stadium station trains to High wycombe (queue C), we just jumped on a train in with no queuing (queue A), went to Marylebone and got a train going back the other way. Took all of 20 minutes and met Reading fans getting on the train at Wembley Stadium who had queued for 1hr 40mins. Saved ourselves loads of time. Its all in the planning.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 23 Apr 2015 12:25

UpThePrem

And as far as queues for the Wembley Stadium station trains to High wycombe (queue C), we just jumped on a train in with no queuing (queue A), went to Marylebone and got a train going back the other way. Took all of 20 minutes and met Reading fans getting on the train at Wembley Stadium who had queued for 1hr 40mins. Saved ourselves loads of time. Its all in the planning.

If it only took you 20 minutes to get to Marylebone and back to WS, how could you have then met fans who had been waiting for 1'40"? Either you didn't leave the stadium for bout an hour or so after the end or they left at half time.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Apr 2015 13:05

The train we got back from Wembley Stadium had loads of seats free, they were way to cautious letting crowds onto the platform and could of got double the number of people on the train and lessened the time everyone had to wait. I guess they don't know how crowded it was already but it looked like our train was totally empty arriving (i.e started there) .

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 23 Apr 2015 14:42

UpThePrem

I'll remember that for next time... :?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 23 Apr 2015 14:56

Geekins
UpThePrem

I'll remember that for next time... :?

Don't bother. I don't know what time UTP got to the station but queue ( A) was longer than (C) when I joined it and it took a good half an hour to get to the train which left with empty seats. I suspect that UTP either left early or very late.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 23 Apr 2015 15:02

It was a joke thinking we'd get back to Wembley for the FA Cup... :wink:

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 23 Apr 2015 15:33

Yeah I got that but people go there for other reasons too you know

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 23 Apr 2015 15:44

M Brook
UpThePrem

If it only took you 20 minutes to get to Marylebone and back to WS, how could you have then met fans who had been waiting for 1'40"? Either you didn't leave the stadium for bout an hour or so after the end or they left at half time.

We went into the outlet center for an hour and half and instead of joining the back of the queue in C went straight onto a train on A. Spoke to one of the fans that got on at WS and they'd been queuing for 1hr 40mins.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 23 Apr 2015 18:52

Left after the final whistle. Got down from the top tier pretty swiftly and then on to Wembley Central. Train was fairly empty and we had no trouble getting a seat. Much easier than going the other way!

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 23 Apr 2015 20:21

Top tier, final whistle, quick appreciation for the players and headed towards Wembley Park. Did not stop on Wembley Way at all. The stop/go signs stayed green all the way and in less than 20 mins on the tube. Back in the 'ding just after 9. Pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of our passage home.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 May 2015 12:21

Green
tidus_mi2 I stayed and applauded the team, chanted Feds name, only left when they went down the tunnel. oxf*rd everyone who left early, is getting home 5 minutes early that important?

5 minutes in the ground could mean half an hour (or even more) queuing for a tube.

I'd actually throw that back at you tidus - is watching a couple of minutes of football that important?

I've left Wembley early a few times (not this time though) and on probably every occasion, certainly at least twice, it's made a massive difference as to whether I'm able to catch my train after getting off the tube. Caught it by seconds one time!

Left straight after the final whistle, which given how quiet it was on the tube from Wembley Park (everyone seemed to be on the other side for some reason) I did feel slightly guilty about, but I was concerned with how on earth I was going to get home at that point.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 May 2015 12:38

PieEater The train we got back from Wembley Stadium had loads of seats free, they were way to cautious letting crowds onto the platform and could of got double the number of people on the train and lessened the time everyone had to wait. I guess they don't know how crowded it was already but it looked like our train was totally empty arriving (i.e started there) .

Yea the train we got back was the same, can't remember in the last 5 years ever being able to sit down, it's normally completely rammed. Usually they wait till it's full before leaving, but this one went straight away which I hoped for tbh but still surprised me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2015 17:42

harry I don't get leaving early for any game. Same for Wembley semi final as for Bristol Rovers at home when we got stuffed and any other game. I appreciate you've paid your money and it's your choice but I just don't understand. Might as well not bother going in the first place from my point of view.

Yep, in the past some have described it as being like going to see a film and leaving five minutes before the end.

Doesn't really apply this season though, as we know how each game is going to end! :cry: