Thai owners

305 posts
madstadblues

Re: Thai owners

by madstadblues » 01 Jun 2015 08:54

I think work has started on re-surfacing the pitch IIRC that whole exercise costs around 200k. Seems a bit of a waste if they plan to run the club into the ground. :roll:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 Jun 2015 09:52

tidus_mi2 While our form towards the tail end of the season was pretty dire, we still finished 10pts clear of relegation, we didn't just avoid relegation, in truth we never got dragged into it.

Plenty of conspiracy theories of the Thais but when they've made public announcements, they've been fairly positive, most notably dedication to the academy and Bearwood plans.

Good post. I asked a simple question about when we were actually safe (ie when we had passed the necessary number of points required to stay up. My recollection is that we were above the necessary mark sometime in February? So we didn't 'just avoid' relegation, as you very correctly identify.

The owners have been pretty up front about aims and intentions. Rather than aimlessly grump about them we should be looking for evidence that they are going to deliver. Nothing yet, but then it is only Jun.

It is hilarious that so many people who have demanded a clear out are now bleating because it is happening. It is just like the Newcastle fans who pleaded with Alan Pardew to leave and then screamed blue murder about his behaviour when he took up the offer.
Last edited by West Stand Man on 01 Jun 2015 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2015 10:47

Fair point on 10 clear, but we were only safe in february in hinsight we never pulled clear to safety through our own work, but through Millwall and Wigan's poorness. Dont expect three such poor teams next year.

Had we not won on the last day we'd have been just a couple of points above about average for the third bottom side.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 01 Jun 2015 20:36

madstadblues I think work has started on re-surfacing the pitch IIRC that whole exercise costs around 200k. Seems a bit of a waste if they plan to run the club into the ground. :roll:

The last time cost around 800k , this time it's not quite as extensive so your figure may be nearer?

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 01 Jun 2015 20:48

multisync1830
madstadblues I think work has started on re-surfacing the pitch IIRC that whole exercise costs around 200k. Seems a bit of a waste if they plan to run the club into the ground. :roll:

The last time cost around 800k , this time it's not quite as extensive so your figure may be nearer?

Wonder if the old surface could be sold on eBay? it would be better than most garden lawns where kids have created goals etc.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 01 Jun 2015 21:59

PeterReadingborn59
multisync1830

Wonder if the old surface could be sold on eBay? it would be better than most garden lawns where kids have created goals etc.

I think last time they took the whole surface up completely...there was a charity match on it over the weekend and the surface was yellow (where they had just put loads of weedkiller down)...this makes me think the new surface will then be sown on top, once the weed killer has done the job...sounds like the cheaper option!!! :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jun 2015 08:10

Turns8
PeterReadingborn59
multisync1830 The last time cost around 800k , this time it's not quite as extensive so your figure may be nearer?

I think last time they took the whole surface up completely...there was a charity match on it over the weekend and the surface was yellow (where they had just put loads of weedkiller down)...this makes me think the new surface will then be sown on top, once the weed killer has done the job...sounds like the cheaper option!!! :roll:

I would hope the match didn't take place when 'they had just put loads of weedkiller down'. Probably not the safest surface to play on! I know Chelsea completely shut off their training pitches when they have just been treated with chemicals. Does sound like a cheap (and probably not a very effective solution to last season's problems) if they are only going to do what you suggest. I suspect the work will be far more involved than that.

Still doesn't mean the owners won't gradually run the club into the ground (unwittingly) by blindly following the Madejski recommended 'Reading Way', rather than sensibly investing in the team at decent levels.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 02 Jun 2015 10:20

Turns8

Having spoken to the groundsman about this last week, this is standard. No cheap option taken. It's a typical end of season re-seeding.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jun 2015 10:41

Last time IIRC they had to relay the drainage, which had collapsed making it a rather more major job than just delaying with the pitch. I believe the pitch is supposed to be relaid every other year and this is year three so we should see a much better playing surface next year. It will also have the benefit of lighter usage through September and October which I guess is good.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jun 2015 11:22

paddy20
Nameless
paddy20 They seem to have a fantastic knowledge of the fair play rules but not much knowledge about football. Hopefully this is not a convenient excuse for no investment. I wonder if Clarke is as worried as most of us are? The communication between the owners and the fans is awful. Perhaps thats because they would only have bad news for us!

There are members of the wider Thai group with very good football knowledge, so no worries there. And in any case we did fairly well under an owner who had zero football knowledge.
What makes you think 'most' people are worried ? And what are they worried about ?

Why are we worried? Are you serious?? Just avoided relegation,losing our best players, no sign of any new signings. Almost went into administration.Perhaps you have never experienced watching Reading in the old 3rd and 4th divisions. Believe me it aint nice! Still time still to see if the Thai's are serious about getting us back into the premiership but Clarke said he wanted to do all his transfer business early. Only sign of that is trying to sign a goalkeeper that let in 10 or so goals in his last 3 games.

Saw plenty of games in the lower divisions, enjoyed the various titles we won ! Didn't enjoy getting relegated from the Prem twice. Your point ?
Just calm down. It's June 2nd, so not hanging signed a dozen players is hardly failure to do our dealings early.
Some fans seem to live in a constant state of pointless panic. Why not just ignore football for the summer, come back in August and see how things are looking....

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 02 Jun 2015 12:43

Sensible post nameless, it's summer, stop thinking of football for a while

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Jun 2015 14:08

Nameless There are members of the wider Thai group with very good football knowledge
Would that be Samrit who signed the injured Anton Ferdinand for Thai Police then realised he had missed the registration deadline for the Thai league so had to farm him out to Reading instead?

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 02 Jun 2015 15:00

Forbury Lion
Nameless There are members of the wider Thai group with very good football knowledge
Would that be Samrit who signed the injured Anton Ferdinand for Thai Police then realised he had missed the registration deadline for the Thai league so had to farm him out to Reading instead?

He 'currently' has no involvement.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jun 2015 23:46

Ian Royal Had we not won on the last day we'd have been just a couple of points above about average for the third bottom side.

So what?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2015 09:10

Silver Fox
Ian Royal Had we not won on the last day we'd have been just a couple of points above about average for the third bottom side.

So what?

^^^^

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 03 Jun 2015 09:35

Might as well stick this here rather than start a new thread.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2015 17:44

Forbury Lion

No, as pointed out he's not involved currently.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 03 Jun 2015 18:47

Nameless
Forbury Lion

No, as pointed out he's not involved currently.

I am yet to be convinced he is not currently involved.

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/0910892 ... nt-limited

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2015 20:36

So you think that is Samrit using another name ?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 03 Jun 2015 20:59

Nameless So you think that is Samrit using another name ?

nope just TBC
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/global/company-details.aspx
Reading Football Club ownership structure:
25% owned by GPT Football Investment Ltd and 25% owned by GPT UK Investment Ltd, which are both 100% owned by Narin Niruttinanon.

However:
http://www.endole.co.uk/company/0910892 ... nt-limited

GPT Football Investment Limited owns 25% of RFC
(Previous Company Name BIG UK INVESTMENT CO. LTD Changed 11 Sep 2014)

Director =Mr Narin Niruttinanon

Name of Shareholder Shareholding Ownership
Billion Innovated Group Pte Ltd 1 Ordinary £ 1.000000 100%

http://www.vrbillion.com/main.php
Billion Innovated Group Company Limited (B.I.G.) is a subsidiary of Billion Investment Company Limited
Billion Investment Company Limited (Hong Kong) founded by Mr. Samrit Bunditkitsada

if this is correct I am just not sure why RFC say Narin owns GPT when he doesn't it's owned by B.I.G

As I say I am not yet convinced he hasn't got a connection or this website is hopelessly out of whack but happy to be shown proof

305 posts