Thai owners

305 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thai owners

by strap » 22 Jun 2015 22:50

Royal Lady More like they saw the land and £££ signs flashed in front of their eyes.

Bingo!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Jun 2015 23:15

WoodleyRoyal
Royal Ginger I tend to believe what the media outlets are suggesting which is that it's all just a bit sluggish getting everything going with multiple owners. Agreeing an overall figure for a budget when everyone's got to put their hand in their pocket must be like trying to organise a night out with a mix of successful mates and mates who suck at life.

Bad experience RG? Have you found that being ginger and smelling of piss has held you back in life?

It's rustic auburn and a bracing musk.

Sport Economist

by Sport Economist » 23 Jun 2015 08:35

A neat summary of the situation as it stands from Jon Keen, prior to the signing of the kit deal yesterday:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/the-financial-underbelly-reading/

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jun 2015 09:14

Pretty reasonable article. One or two amusing errors, showing perhaps JK isn't as close to the club as he was a few years ago....

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Jun 2015 09:33

Royal Ginger I tend to believe what the media outlets are suggesting which is that it's all just a bit sluggish getting everything going with multiple owners. Agreeing an overall figure for a budget when everyone's got to put their hand in their pocket must be like trying to organise a night out with a mix of successful mates and mates who suck at life.

Or they are just tight. I wonder if they realise the size of the backlash from Reading fans if, after Clarke has said he has players lined up, they don't provide funds. Admittedly they appeared to have cleared our debt but for what purpose if they are going to let the team deteriorate?

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 23 Jun 2015 09:42

paddy20

Or they are just tight. I wonder if they realise the size of the backlash from Reading fans if, after Clarke has said he has players lined up, they don't provide funds. Admittedly they appeared to have cleared our debt but for what purpose if they are going to let the team deteriorate?

We have seen no proof they have cleared the debts yet, for all we know they have simply moved it, restructured it, or loaned us the money and we're no indebted to them. I seriously doubt they just walked in and paid it all off.

JIM

by JIM » 23 Jun 2015 09:48

JM if as you say you want READING FC to survive, PICK UP THE PIGGIN PHONE

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jun 2015 09:58

strap
Royal Lady More like they saw the land and £££ signs flashed in front of their eyes.

Bingo!

although no one has really suggested what you could do with the land.
There are large plots of land in the area that could be bought at a fraction of the cost paid for the club that would be suitable for industrial/commercial/retail/residential development when the stadium land probably isn't usable for any of those.
There was talk of replacing the dome with a second hotel once Bearwood is in use but would that be worthwhile buying the club for when they could have bought the old greyhound stadium which is crying out for development.
Who knows.....

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jun 2015 10:06

Nameless Pretty reasonable article. One or two amusing errors, showing perhaps JK isn't as close to the club as he was a few years ago....

go on.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jun 2015 10:08

Well for a start I think the jury has well and truly returned their verdict on former Royal Danny Guthrie....

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 23 Jun 2015 21:05

Todd Margaret Sorry to disappoint, but always good to take the open shot. I'm not A.S.S. I can barely remember one login much less keep track of two.

So lets just clarify. Todd Margaret isnt ASS, Brighton Royal definitely isnt just another Tory dentist and Pepe The Horseman definitely, definitely isnt Dave-the-Royal.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Jun 2015 21:28

There are certainly reasons to be concerned about where we are heading at the moment, there were many criticisms over recent times about the lack of information that fails to come from the club, sadly Sir John adored the publicity when the Premiership came calling but now, in these times of difficulty, he is nowhere to be seen.

The Thai consortium have now been in control for some time, but several of the same questions as always remain unanswered.

1. Who are they ?
2. What are their aims for the club in the coming years ?
3. Why is everything so secretive ?
4. Why is the boss still waiting to find out if he can sign anybody ?
5. Have we been sold to a dud again ? coz it is sure starting to look like it.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 23 Jun 2015 21:52

I suggested that things were not looking good a few days ago and was generally slagged off for it!

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 24 Jun 2015 07:10

howser There are certainly reasons to be concerned about where we are heading at the moment, there were many criticisms over recent times about the lack of information that fails to come from the club, sadly Sir John adored the publicity when the Premiership came calling but now, in these times of difficulty, he is nowhere to be seen.

The Thai consortium have now been in control for some time, but several of the same questions as always remain unanswered.

1. Who are they ?
2. What are their aims for the club in the coming years ?
3. Why is everything so secretive ?
4. Why is the boss still waiting to find out if he can sign anybody ?
5. Have we been sold to a dud again ? coz it is sure starting to look like it.

Clarke has played this transfer nonsense very well. The come back, if there is one, will fall at the owners feet, and the fans are already lining up to have a pop! As you say, those questions still remain unanswered, yet we hear bits about plans being drawn up to develop some of the car park.. but we hear nothing about the plans for the football club itself. Priorities, priorities..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Jun 2015 07:58

Surely question 1 has been in the public domain for ages. It's on the OS.

2 is less clear, although the sponsorships give some clues and commercially if not on the football side it's been discussed on here. The football side is obviously massive and NH did talk about it in his interview towards the end of the season

3 I think is just kind of Asian/ Thai culture. Not sure secretive is the word, the owners have been visible, they have given interviews, they have a presence at the club. But they haven't been all over the press or really spoken directly to the fans or about the stuff the fans care about. I think they have miss judged this and even if they personally don't want to be in the press perhaps SJM should have been - although his uttering a were always denounced as self publicity and BS in the past so maybe they can't win !!

4 should just disappear any day soon. Please !

5 who knows. They are certainly more genuine than AZ minus Dad turned out to be, but whether their plans match our expectations is the biggie. Probably got a month to find out......

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Jun 2015 09:51

Nigel Howe's name doesn't seem to be mentioned much, he's the chief executive after all.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Jun 2015 12:49

Sport Economist A neat summary of the situation as it stands from Jon Keen, prior to the signing of the kit deal yesterday:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/the-financial-underbelly-reading/

Good piece dat. Thanks for the link.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 Jun 2015 15:45

I know he's left but kept real names off of CP

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jun 2015 16:13

Green I know he's left but kept real names off of CP

It wasn't his real name....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jun 2015 16:14

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Todd Margaret Sorry to disappoint, but always good to take the open shot. I'm not A.S.S. I can barely remember one login much less keep track of two.

So lets just clarify. Todd Margaret isnt ASS, Brighton Royal definitely isnt just another Tory dentist and Pepe The Horseman definitely, definitely isnt Dave-the-Royal.

*Dave-Royal

305 posts