Carabao Outrage!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Carabao Outrage!

by melonhead » 25 Aug 2015 12:17

I bought a Carabao before Saturdays game, which I opened and carried past the steward, who clocked I had it but said nothing.
once id got all the way up to my seat and sat down he came up and said I had to go and get a cup for it.
(he could really have brought one himself.)
I said no, I cant really be arsed now the game has started, and he took it off me before I had even sampled this crazy new flavour in energy drinking culture.

im pretty outraged, and it totally ruined my matchday experience.

why sell soft drinks that im not allowed to take into the seated bowl
why not give out a cup when you sell them
why didn't the steward say something before I walked up a load of steps
why didn't the steward bring me a cup

this is a bit of an own goal, as previous to this I had been served very quickly and efficiently, by a very chatty and happy serving person, and had a very nice tasting cold and fizzy lager, so I was loving the whole thing until the unfortun8 incident described above.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Carabao Outrage!

by John Smith » 25 Aug 2015 12:19

Just can't get the staff these days...

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 25 Aug 2015 12:39

I was surprised to be sold a bottle of Coke - unopened - on Saturday instead of the usual cardboard cup with lid, particularly as I have had to surrender the lids from drinks I've taken into the stadium in the past.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 25 Aug 2015 12:43

Sickening behavior

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Aug 2015 14:18

Fold the club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Aug 2015 14:25

Unbelievable Jeff.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2015 14:34

East Grinstead Royal I was surprised to be sold a bottle of Coke - unopened - on Saturday instead of the usual cardboard cup with lid, particularly as I have had to surrender the lids from drinks I've taken into the stadium in the past.

I saw loads of people carrying bottles of coke etc. with lids on into the seated area on Saturday. It would appear that the catering company were selling them like this in the East Stand, which is completely at odds with everything we have been told in the past about bottles with lids on being a safety hazard. I then saw several bottles with lids on rolling around on the ground amongst the seats, creating the very serious safety hazard we have been told of on numerous occasions in the past.

Did the caterers have a whole new bunch of staff who hadn't been trained properly or have the restrictions been lifted? If the latter, I'll start bringing in bottles of water with the lid on!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 25 Aug 2015 14:37

I got a Carabao in a cup (and was then treated to a rather lively bout of the bubble guts) and the steward told me I had to drink beer in the concourse.

I explained it was Carabao and he seemed to accept my explanation. A bit later, there was a woman sat in front of me who had a bottle of Diet Coke with the lid on it. She had a pretty nice arse though so I'll let her off.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Aug 2015 14:46

I bought a pint at the West Berkshire brewery

I was about three quarters in to it and tried to enter with a small bit left but was refused. I don't really see the point or reason for that.

Also I don't see why they take bottle tops off you anyway. When was the last time any one threw one? Why not use a coin if you really want to chuck something

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 Aug 2015 15:00

SACK HOON!

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 25 Aug 2015 15:06

Thais out ...

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 25 Aug 2015 15:47

A review of the drink by some caffeine site:

http://www.possessedbycaffeine.com/2009 ... drink.html

35 grams of sugar per can. A teaspoon is about 4 grams!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Aug 2015 15:59

RoyalBlue
East Grinstead Royal I was surprised to be sold a bottle of Coke - unopened - on Saturday instead of the usual cardboard cup with lid, particularly as I have had to surrender the lids from drinks I've taken into the stadium in the past.

I saw loads of people carrying bottles of coke etc. with lids on into the seated area on Saturday. It would appear that the catering company were selling them like this in the East Stand, which is completely at odds with everything we have been told in the past about bottles with lids on being a safety hazard. I then saw several bottles with lids on rolling around on the ground amongst the seats, creating the very serious safety hazard we have been told of on numerous occasions in the past.

Did the caterers have a whole new bunch of staff who hadn't been trained properly or have the restrictions been lifted? If the latter, I'll start bringing in bottles of water with the lid on!

Was the same in U West. I bought a diet coke and was surprised when they just gave me an unopened bottle. I took it in to the seats and although steward looked at it he said nothing.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 25 Aug 2015 16:36

North Somerset Royal
RoyalBlue

Was the same in U West. I bought a diet coke and was surprised when they just gave me an unopened bottle. I took it in to the seats and although steward looked at it he said nothing.

That's all 3 home sides covered then, as I was in the North Stand. Give the club full marks for consistency.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 25 Aug 2015 16:54

I bought a pint at the West Berkshire brewery

I was about three quarters in to it and tried to enter with a small bit left but was refused. I don't really see the point or reason for that.

If you mean you weren't allowed to take it into the ground, then this is explicitly against the policy that was announced when the West Berks started. Sounds like the club need to refresh the memory of the staff to ensure this doesn't happen agin.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 Aug 2015 17:08

Quite - someone could've been killed.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2015 18:00

Ban all food and drink from the stadium, end of problem.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 25 Aug 2015 18:29

"I bought a Carabao ".... did you get a refund as he let you in then proceeded to take it off of you afterwards ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Aug 2015 23:32

Carabaoutrage

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 26 Aug 2015 09:24

I think I confused the the guy serving when he gave me three bottles without lids. Asked him to put a lid back on as my son was highly likely to kick it over and he looked around and gave it back. Don't think he really knew what to do.