Funniest chant heard?

Ginger Ninjas

Re: Funniest chant heard?

by Ginger Ninjas » 04 Nov 2015 20:01

Avon Royal Worse than the last one, you're even worse than the last one (Oxford subbed Goalie)

Cracking evening's entertainment at Oxford!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Nov 2015 20:30

No Fixed Abode
Mr Optimist What always tickles me is when the opposition fans sing "you've never won f all" at us.

Not only is it inaccurate, hello? Simod Cup but it is also a double negative so the joke's on you ignorant cocks.

Because it's aimed at clubs who've never won a major trophy.

Yeah, for fans of clubs who haven't won the Simod Cup and who don't understand how a double negative works I can see it might be quite insulting.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Nov 2015 21:16

To be honest I think being double Football League champions is a pretty major achievement. Not too many titles with a better pedigree.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Nov 2015 11:32

Nameless To be honest I think being double Football League champions is a pretty major achievement. Not too many titles with a better pedigree.

Yeah - The Premier League, The Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie etc etc.....Not too many.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 05 Nov 2015 11:56

No Fixed Abode
Nameless To be honest I think being double Football League champions is a pretty major achievement. Not too many titles with a better pedigree.

Yeah - The Premier League, The Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie etc etc.....Not too many.

The Championship is of a better standard than many top divisions in Europe, so Namesless has a valid point!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Nov 2015 12:40

No Fixed Abode

Yeah, but how many of our opponents have won any of those?.... Nottingham Forest with 2 European Cups etc and not many others.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 05 Nov 2015 12:43

Pepe the Horseman "Are you San Marino in disguise?" was pretty terrible from the 'uddersfield lot.

God, glad I didn't hear that one.

Enjoyed "Bobby Zamora, you've always been shit!"

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 05 Nov 2015 12:49

No Fixed Abode

We would do well to win the Bundesliga tbf.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2015 12:34

No Fixed Abode

Tell me, how many clubs have had the opportunity to win more than one of those?

Championship is arguably the 8th biggest division in the world. Higher in Europe.

I was always fond of 'you're getting wet, we're not' at Elm Park.

And the 'shit one direction' at the Leicester teenies who thought they were hard followed by 'they are embarrassing' which was clapped by the entire away end.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2015 12:36

RustyRoyal
Pepe the Horseman "Are you San Marino in disguise?" was pretty terrible from the 'uddersfield lot.

God, glad I didn't hear that one.

Enjoyed "Bobby Zamora, you've always been shit!"

I always preferred:
Bobby Zamora, the Elephant Man
Bobby Zamora, the Elephant Man

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Nov 2015 13:02

No Fixed Abode

How many times is it Brighton have won the Bundesliga?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 08 Nov 2015 14:11

Ian Royal

I was always fond of 'you're getting wet, we're not' at Elm Park

...naah never quite went along with that one but then again I was usually at the Tilehurst End :mrgreen: ... so it might have been a bit daft.

.... one fond Elm Pk memory associated with one of our erstwhile Scottish Managers #IP RIP#
who'd overindulged on a night out and I believe was temporarily w/o his driving licence ... cue home fans chanting sympathetically ...

"Ian, Ian give us a lift" .... and

"Ian, Ian show us your Keys"

:lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Nov 2015 11:07

Jagermesiter1871
No Fixed Abode

How many times is it Brighton have won the Bundesliga?

But nameless said there aren't too many titles with a better pedigree. He didn't stipul8 it was confined to these shores. :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2015 12:13

Funniest Heard - "She left you cos you're fat" Sung to Paddy Kenny after his Missus had left him.

Funniest example of away fans singing something and their team throws the game away to make them look stupid - The last PL season when Chelsea fans sung "We are the champions of Europe" for 20 minutes solid until Le Fondre scored twice to draw the game and the away end all of a sudden went silent.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Nov 2015 17:04

sandman Funniest Heard - "She left you cos you're fat" Sung to Paddy Kenny after his Missus had left him.

Funniest example of away fans singing something and their team throws the game away to make them look stupid - The last PL season when Chelsea fans sung "We are the champions of Europe" for 20 minutes solid until Le Fondre scored twice to draw the game and the away end all of a sudden went silent.

Would be good if Reading could sing for 20 seconds solid. Meow.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Nov 2015 17:14

I remember someone posted about a chant about Cardiff (I think) fans missing the last train home after the stadium PA at Elm Park announced that the last train was leaving in x minutes and the game was going into Extra TIme.... I don't recall the details.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2015 18:35

No Fixed Abode
sandman Funniest Heard - "She left you cos you're fat" Sung to Paddy Kenny after his Missus had left him.

Would be good if Reading could sing for 20 seconds solid. Meow.

Perhaps we should sing "It's so Easy" by Guns N' Roses In honour of how easy it is to wind you up these days. :lol:

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 10 Nov 2015 14:33

Four Of Clubs
.... one fond Elm Pk memory associated with one of our erstwhile Scottish Managers #IP RIP#
who'd overindulged on a night out and I believe was temporarily w/o his driving licence ... cue home fans chanting sympathetically ...

"Ian, Ian give us a lift" .... and

"Ian, Ian show us your Keys"

He was stitched up by the club as they wanted to get rid of him, but didn't want to pay out his contract (allegedly). Got him pissed, then put him in his car and phoned the police.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 10 Nov 2015 15:50

I quite enjoyed the 'Big Bad Wolf' chant at a few away games a few years back, including the howling. It was pretty niche and would have probably caught on if Roberts had stayed. Also if it wasn't chanting the name of those scummy bastards in the Black Country.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Nov 2015 17:00

Very short spin off thread - Funny PA announcements

"Reading goalscorer.....Ipswich Town"