Palace tickets FA Cup

166 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Palace Cup QF date

by CountryRoyal » 26 Feb 2016 20:30

Could make the argument for resting players due to fatigue, but more importantly imho to avoid picking up any small knocks and niggles.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 26 Feb 2016 20:36

CountryRoyal Could make the argument for resting players due to fatigue, but more importantly imho to avoid picking up any small knocks and niggles.

Yes, that was my point earlier. I wouldn't expect him to pick his team for Huddersfield with Palace in mind (though I think Clarke would have done), but if anyone has a niggle I could see them being left out, thinking someone like Vydra here.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Palace tickets FA Cup

by Royality creeps In » 26 Feb 2016 21:19

Woodcote Royal
John Smith
Woodcote Royal Because, sh+t for brains, some of us really want to support the club and, believe it or not, this has more to do with willingly putting your hand in your pocket than singing about stabbing Swindon fans. So, while being offered a season ticket for £20 might send you and half this board into multi orgasmic delight, those who really have the clubs best interests at heart would be concerned for its long term future.

HTH

If, "shit for brains", you knew anything about the economics of football you would know that ticket sales make up less than 10% of club's income and it has been stated far and wide over recent weeks (notably after the Liverpool £72 debacle) that they could in fact charge £10 a ticket and still be hardly affected as a business.

So you crack on and chuck your money away pal.

While I'd seriously doubt that figure outside the Prem (from where would, say, Oxford United, get 9 times their gate money in additional income :P ) but even if that figure was only 5%, real fans would want to do their bit financially where as you, and at least half the pr*cks on this board think making a noise in the stadium is far more important.

Meanwhile, 2-0 And A Penalty, Mr Solid Harper or whatever umpteenth username he cares to use was thinking of attending regularly for the first time since Elm Park but has now changed his mind, again :P

Beam me up, Scotty, no intelligent life forms to report :|

Have you ever considered that some supporters would love to follow our club but cannot afford to do so. I am lucky and in a position to be able to do so. However 20 years ago I didn't have the proverbial pot to piss in and couldn't afford to go whilst bringing up a family, mortgage etc.
Mr or Mrs WR. Grow up. Your an utter embarrassment. You have the audacity to be little other fans whilst being a total bell end yourself.

Shakes head!!!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Feb 2016 21:37

Westwood52 Website struggling.
Working fine now - why the rush?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Feb 2016 21:52

Modern day players/athletes.........fatigue..........lol upon f11cking lol............fatigue is working 16 hour days at full capacity with nobody to replace you when you plead with your boss for a break.......

Just what are these god-like beings?

A couple or three games in a week?........ It's hardly Rugby-like body abuse.....man the f11ck up football

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Feb 2016 22:03

5 year ST at the Madstad, but let's forget that.

Mr WR, fell out with just about everyone he used to attend with and meet up with from HNA?

You have to wonder why.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2016 03:35

So who are these people I'm surrounded by whenever I take my seat, some of whom I've known since the stadium opened and have had many years to move away should my presence upset them?

Like me they are real fans who still put their hands in their pocket to support the club rather than spend match days (and/or most of their lives :roll: ) bitching away on an internet forum with similarly deluded individuals who believe this is the real world.

In your case, we fell out because you started posting personal information about me because I didn't have time to debate a particular matter one morning as I had to leave for work, including how you regularly ignored my calls (this from someone to whom I had offered my seat for free on many occasions for both him and his father if I couldn't attend :| ) and anyone wishing to cast their eyes upwards can see that you are still at it :|

Who needs friends like this and, frankly, this place where normal debate amongst fans is an increasing rarity?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2016 04:17

Royality creeps In
Woodcote Royal
John Smith If, "shit for brains", you knew anything about the economics of football you would know that ticket sales make up less than 10% of club's income and it has been stated far and wide over recent weeks (notably after the Liverpool £72 debacle) that they could in fact charge £10 a ticket and still be hardly affected as a business.

So you crack on and chuck your money away pal.

While I'd seriously doubt that figure outside the Prem (from where would, say, Oxford United, get 9 times their gate money in additional income :P ) but even if that figure was only 5%, real fans would want to do their bit financially where as you, and at least half the pr*cks on this board think making a noise in the stadium is far more important.

Meanwhile, 2-0 And A Penalty, Mr Solid Harper or whatever umpteenth username he cares to use was thinking of attending regularly for the first time since Elm Park but has now changed his mind, again :P

Beam me up, Scotty, no intelligent life forms to report :|

Have you ever considered that some supporters would love to follow our club but cannot afford to do so. I am lucky and in a position to be able to do so. However 20 years ago I didn't have the proverbial pot to piss in and couldn't afford to go whilst bringing up a family, mortgage etc.
Mr or Mrs WR. Grow up. Your an utter embarrassment. You have the audacity to be little other fans whilst being a total bell end yourself.

Shakes head!!!

Don't shake it anymore, you don't want to lose those few remaining cells :|

My response was to those questioning why I or any other fan should wish to pay more for a match ticket.

Seeing me as an embarrassment must be a great comfort to you :P

Goodnight.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Feb 2016 07:30

We fell out be cause you queried why I was able to,sit at home posting on the Internet, and not be working, when you knew full well I was looking after my illl father at the time.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Feb 2016 07:50

Can someone do a bullet point list of what the issues are?

I'd like to join in and take sides but not sure which person to support yet

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Feb 2016 08:09

Rather know how your new door went, Frimmers rather hijacked the thread .

Whereas this is all ages ago and folk have moved on.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Feb 2016 09:09

With regards to paying more money for your ticket to help the club out financially.....

I used to have similar feelings towards some of the bands i liked, i thought i should buy the albums of some established bands such as Oasis, or the Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, rather than simply listen on spotify, to reward them for writing the music i loved.

Then i realised this was a completely insane thing to think! These said bands were multi millionaires and would not notice my £10 amongst there spare change down the side of the sofa.

The exact same can be applied to our beloved RFC. Charging £25 vs £15, maximum difference is £240,000 in total revenue, 20% is VAT, so knock off 50k, split with Palace, so now we are down to £96,000...

The club wouldnt notice this at all, but many of RFC's punters will notice a tenner.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 09:59

Go buy some of the tatt in the gift shop if you want help finance the club. The mark up on the crap they sell in there is far more profitable.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2016 14:36

Jagermesiter1871 Go buy some of the tatt in the gift shop if you want help finance the club. The mark up on the crap they sell in there is far more profitable.

Very good point. Alternatively, just fill an envelope with used fivers and hand in at the club reception.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Feb 2016 15:59

Follow the club for 50 years, watch 20 home games a season, thats 1000 games at todays rate of £25 a ticket that pays about two weeks wages for a decent player.

That shows that it has all gone stupid.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2016 16:14

Harpers So Solid Crew Follow the club for 50 years, watch 20 home games a season, thats 1000 games at todays rate of £25 a ticket that pays about two weeks wages for a decent player.

That shows that it has all gone stupid.

Matchday revenue is only a small proportion of club revenue these days though. A tiny slice of the TV revenue for having hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of viewers is far better value than £25 a head for 20,000 people, 23 times a season.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2016 17:01

Harpers So Solid Crew We fell out be cause you queried why I was able to,sit at home posting on the Internet, and not be working, when you knew full well I was looking after my illl father at the time.

Utter delusional nonsense but if it keeps you as far away from me as possible believe what you want.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 18:08

Harpers So Solid Crew We fell out be cause you queried why I was able to,sit at home posting on the Internet, and not be working, when you knew full well I was looking after my illl father at the time.

Tbf it sounds like you were posting on the internet.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Feb 2016 18:28

Has the club sorted out the ticketing online?

Shambles trying to organise tickets yesterday, ended up buying 4 friends 4 tickets all over the East stand!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 19:10

loyalroyal4life Has the club sorted out the ticketing online?

Shambles trying to organise tickets yesterday, ended up buying 4 friends 4 tickets all over the East stand!

Sorry what exactly does this have to do with the Solid Harper/Woodcote Royal beef? Wrong thread buddy. Jog on.

166 posts