Season Ticket Prices for 2016/2017

127 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season Ticket Prices for 2016/2017

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2016 23:10

WAZZOCK Where did you send it Ian?

Jack Black. Now I think about it, that might explain the lack of response.

Customer services. And I know they got it because I got an automated acknowledgement. No matter what anyone thinks of the complaint email, or the topic of the complaint, or the request I made. It's not great to be waiting for a response 19 days later. The real LoS in of itself is rubbish. We'll aim for 3 working days (fantastic), unless we don't (then why mention it?), in which case it'll be done within 21 days (Really? 21 days!? That's not just poor, it's piss poor).

It's not exactly the way to win back support and confidence is it. It'd better be a bloody good reply.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 16 Jun 2016 13:00

Yeah, that is pretty poor.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Jun 2016 13:19

Ian Royal

Customer services. And I know they got it because I got an automated acknowledgement. No matter what anyone thinks of the complaint email, or the topic of the complaint, or the request I made. It's not great to be waiting for a response 19 days later. The real LoS in of itself is rubbish. We'll aim for 3 working days (fantastic), unless we don't (then why mention it?), in which case it'll be done within 21 days (Really? 21 days!? That's not just poor, it's piss poor).

It's not exactly the way to win back support and confidence is it. It'd better be a bloody good reply.

What if they never get back to you?? is there anything legally you can do??

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jun 2016 14:01

Ian Royal

Direct tweeting is the most effective method of complaining...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2016 16:17

John Smith
Ian Royal

Direct tweeting is the most effective method of complaining...

Don't have Twitter.

They're obliged to meet their customer charter, I know with service providers like gas, electricity and water they'd have to make a penalty payment to me for not meeting their commitment, but I doubt football is regulated that way. I haven't checked my email today yet to be fair and they still have til the end of Friday.

I'll write to them again if I get no response and then speak to STAR maybe. That's sort of what they're there for.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 16 Jun 2016 22:16

Great.

You could of course cut out the middleman and go to:

The Independent Football Ombudsman
Suite 49
33 Great George Street
Leeds LS1 3AJ
0800 588 4066
Contact@TheIFO.co.uk

The Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) is the final stage in the complaints process established by the English professional Football Authorities (The Football Association –FA -, The Premier League and The Football League).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2016 23:35

STAR Liaison Great.

You could of course cut out the middleman and go to:

The Independent Football Ombudsman
Suite 49
33 Great George Street
Leeds LS1 3AJ
0800 588 4066
Contact@TheIFO.co.uk

The Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) is the final stage in the complaints process established by the English professional Football Authorities (The Football Association –FA -, The Premier League and The Football League).

Cheers SL.

I've kinda been assuming this has been kicked up the tree a bit and they're trying to make sure they get a particular and consistent message out to presumably numerous complaints.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Jun 2016 06:31

Or there could be very few people asking for a refund, and despite an automated reply it ended up in junk email.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jun 2016 08:52

Ian, are you asking for a refund on your season ticket? Is that the main crux of your email?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 19 Jun 2016 09:29

paultheroyal Ian, are you asking for a refund on your season ticket? Is that the main crux of your email?

I think it's the million in used notes and the plan to South America that are holding things up.

On a serious note, I'm aware of few people who complained so they may be trying to deal with them en masse with some common messages

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 19 Jun 2016 09:29

paultheroyal Ian, are you asking for a refund on your season ticket? Is that the main crux of your email?

I think it's the million in used notes and the plane to South America that are holding things up.

On a serious note, I'm aware of few people who complained so they may be trying to deal with them en masse with some common messages

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jun 2016 11:59

Harpers So Solid Crew Or there could be very few people asking for a refund, and despite an automated reply it ended up in junk email.

I can't imagine RFC's complaint process is that shambolic despite recent events.

Interesting to see people here seemingly happy with the club failing to meet it's customer commitments and providing a poor service.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 19 Jun 2016 12:14

Ian Royal
RoyalinBracknell
Ian Royal
I sent it afternoon of Friday, so not expecting one until Tuesday at the absolute earliest.

Having checked the terms and conditions I don't see how they can refuse, but if I can't get a refund, then I'll go to the games as normal because I'll have paid for them and the club certainly isn't getting money for nothing from me.

4.3 of Part 2 here might be the key one - http://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk/Terms.aspxp

Season tickets are full and final unless returned before the first game they are valid.

I'd switched seat so I was due a new card, which they wouldn't be issuing until July, so effectively I've returned the card.

The above link for RFC Ts & Cs doesn't work. It should (now) be:

https://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk/terms.aspx

It still contains the line "Season tickets are full and final unless returned before the first game they are valid," but curiously the ticket Ts & Cs here doesn't:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/documents/ti ... 813245.pdf

Neither does the RFC Ts & Cs in pdf form here:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/documents/ne ... 571969.pdf

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Jun 2016 21:35

There must be a situation where a refund was appropriate for a ST, but as all you can expect from a ST is 23 league games which hasn't changed despite Brian's sacking, this isn't that situation.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jun 2016 09:28

Ian Royal
Harpers So Solid Crew Or there could be very few people asking for a refund, and despite an automated reply it ended up in junk email.

I can't imagine RFC's complaint process is that shambolic despite recent events.

Interesting to see people here seemingly happy with the club failing to meet it's customer commitments and providing a poor service.

I had some queries regarding ticketing recently and had my phone call answered immediately and dealt with very well by the agent on the other end. You're probably sat stubbornly waiting for them to contact you when you should be chasing them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jun 2016 14:09

John Smith
Ian Royal

I had some queries regarding ticketing recently and had my phone call answered immediately and dealt with very well by the agent on the other end. You're probably sat stubbornly waiting for them to contact you when you should be chasing them.

I can see what might have happened if they weren't paying attention properly.

I don't chase before their timescale is up and I'm mindful of the bank holiday. Will probably chase tonight.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Jun 2016 16:30

Ian Royal
I don't chase before their timescale is up and I'm mindful of the bank holiday. Will probably chase tonight.

and?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2016 17:03

Got a nice, and very apologetic call from the Customer Service and HR manager at RFC today who explained they'd not logged my complaint correctly and had no excuses for the delay in responding - fair enough.

She appreciated my position and sentiment and said I'd made my position well with a well written email. She said the club can't really do anything to resolve my complaint short of bringing Brian back and clearly that's not going to happen. They'd like to keep my support but understand my position and agreed to refund my STH and hope that Stam wiill get the time to do well and bring the club success and that I'll come back. Which is fair enough.

They also said that whilst the shareholders don't get details of individual complaints as they're dealt with they are presented with a regular report as is the SMT and so my concerns will reach them.

Good effort on her part at least, but then I never blamed customer service. She certainly sounded like she knew and likeed Brian and regretted him going.

Good to see Silver Fox and co knew what they were talking about when they sneered at my ability / right to get a refund. Nothing new there then.

So I'm no longer an STH and we see how Stam does and how long he gets.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Jul 2016 09:42

Ian Royal Got a nice, and very apologetic call from the Customer Service and HR manager at RFC today who explained they'd not logged my complaint correctly and had no excuses for the delay in responding - fair enough.

She appreciated my position and sentiment and said I'd made my position well with a well written email. She said the club can't really do anything to resolve my complaint short of bringing Brian back and clearly that's not going to happen. They'd like to keep my support but understand my position and agreed to refund my STH and hope that Stam wiill get the time to do well and bring the club success and that I'll come back. Which is fair enough.

They also said that whilst the shareholders don't get details of individual complaints as they're dealt with they are presented with a regular report as is the SMT and so my concerns will reach them.

Good effort on her part at least, but then I never blamed customer service. She certainly sounded like she knew and likeed Brian and regretted him going.

Good to see Silver Fox and co knew what they were talking about when they sneered at my ability / right to get a refund. Nothing new there then.

So I'm no longer an STH and we see how Stam does and how long he gets.

Still got a ST for your radio though tbf

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Jul 2016 11:15

Ian Royal Good to see Silver Fox and co knew what they were talking about when they sneered at my ability / right to get a refund. Nothing new there then. .

Congratulations on getting your way after throwing your tantrum

127 posts