Picnic on the Pitch

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Picnic on the Pitch

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2016 10:04

Monkfish Really can't understand why some people are so angry about this. It's just an end of season event that doesn't effect anything that happens in games. If it's not for you, just ignore it

people are idiots

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 21 May 2016 10:39

Don't forget your waterproofs!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 May 2016 11:47

Monkfish Really can't understand why some people are so angry about this. It's just an end of season event that doesn't effect anything that happens in games. If it's not for you, just ignore it

But that's what social media sites and message boards are for - to complain about all sorts of minor irrelevant trivia as if it was life threatening.

Next someone will be complaining that the new shirts for next season don't have hoops of the correct width....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 May 2016 21:30

Massive thumbs up today. Kids had an amazing time and I did too being able to explore many parts of the ground.

Downpour killed the numbers and only a few diehards left.

An excellent free event and hope it's staged in better weather next year and we can return in greater numbers.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 May 2016 21:51

Any pictures? Was it on the turf itself or was there some sort of covering?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 May 2016 21:54

Jagermesiter1871 Any pictures? Was it on the turf itself or was there some sort of covering?

Complete access to the pitch.

One half for picnics the other for football. Drills, 5 a side or shooting into the main goal in the south stand.

When rain came it was just a free for all so had full access to the pitch.

Will see if I can upload some taken today.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 23 May 2016 13:28

My two boys thoroughly enjoyed having a kick about in the pouring rain on the pitch yesterday. We sat in the dugout, wandered up to the top of the away section to see what it looks like from the "other side".

While it may not have been everyones cup of tea, I think it was a great idea for families. My two were chuffed to bits to kick a ball into the back of the same net that theyve spent all season wanting their favourite players to do.....

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 23 May 2016 13:37

CrowthorneRoyal My two boys thoroughly enjoyed having a kick about in the pouring rain on the pitch yesterday. We sat in the dugout, wandered up to the top of the away section to see what it looks like from the "other side".

While it may not have been everyones cup of tea, I think it was a great idea for families. My two were chuffed to bits to kick a ball into the back of the same net that theyve spent all season wanting their favourite players to do.....

Not Reading Fans then ?!
:lol:

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 23 May 2016 15:04

loyalroyaldaz
CrowthorneRoyal My two boys thoroughly enjoyed having a kick about in the pouring rain on the pitch yesterday. We sat in the dugout, wandered up to the top of the away section to see what it looks like from the "other side".

Not Reading Fans then ?!

Maybe I didnt write it correctly.... I meant that unlike their favourite (reading) players, the boys actually put the ball in the back of the net

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 May 2016 18:48

Agreed, it was a great day out only spoilt by the weather not that it mattered to mine and kept the numbers away.

Well done RFC.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 23 May 2016 21:07

CrowthorneRoyal My two were chuffed to bits to kick a ball into the back of the same net that theyve spent all season wanting their favourite players to do.....

SIGN THEM UP

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 15:32

WoodleyRoyal
bluerinse Obviously not going to relay the pitch close season. This means we will have a crap pitch next season, which will be worn out by Xmas which will add to the sub standard performance on the pitch.

:roll: ffs you bunch on moaning ninnies, the event happens in 1 week from now, still plenty of time to relay the pitch if required. how you mouth breathers get through the day is beyond me....

8) here you go bluerinse you fucking drama queen http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 34504.aspx?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 03 Jun 2016 15:51

Step 3 in that article shows a lot of artificial grass :shock:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2016 16:23

Geekins Step 3 in that article shows a lot of artificial grass :shock:

It's been a mainly plastic pitch for years.

It's a tribute to the fans.