Man Utd (A)

by M Brook » 15 Dec 2016 11:36

Manchester United vs Reading
Old Trafford
Emirates FA Cup, third round
Saturday 7th January 2017, 12.30pm
image: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/cms_images/c ... 950015.jpg

Click here to buy 612
Tickets for this FA Cup fixture away at Manchester United will go on sale to Season Ticket holders on Monday 19th December.

A pricing structure was set for the cup tie at Manchester United which will see adults pay between £37-£45 to watch our Emirates FA Cup clash at Old Trafford - due to be broadcast live on BT Sport.

However, Reading Football Club remains committed to making football more affordable for fans – so we will subsidise the cost of adult and 18-20s tickets for the tie, promising that no registered Royals fan will pay more than £30 for a ticket!

Tickets will be sold on a one-per-person basis. A further selling announcement will be made by 5pm on Friday 23rd December if we have any remaining tickets following the initial sales period.

Please see the information below for the full on-sale dates, ticket prices, and how to buy.

On-sale dates
Date (from 9am)
Eligible supporters (1 ticket per person)
Monday 19th December
All Season Ticket holders only
Tuesday 20th December
All Season Ticket holders & Half Season Ticket holders only
Wednesday 21st December
Members with 1000+ points
Thursday 22nd December
Members with 500+ points
Friday 23rd December
Members with 100+ points

*Season Ticket holders and Half Season Ticket holders who wish to buy after Tuesday 20th December will have to buy by phone or in person at the Madejski Stadium Ticket Office in order to get the appropriate price; tickets bought online after this date will be charged at Member prices. (NB. Adult tickets for both ST/HST holders and Members are £30 anyway.)

Prices
Age Category
ST/HST holder price
Member Price
Non-Member Price
Adult
£30
(subsidised RFC price)
£30
(subsidised RFC price)
£45
65 & Over
£18.50
£21.50
£26.50
18 to 20
£27.75
£30
(subsidised RFC price)
£35.75
16 to 17
£18.50
£21.50
£26.50
15 & Under
£10
£13
£18

Allocation
Our allocation for this fixture is 5,446.

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/away ... 68E0tjK.99

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man Utd (A)

by Royality creeps In » 15 Dec 2016 12:09

Good on the club.

Manure robbing bastards! :twisted:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 15 Dec 2016 12:22

5,446 allocation? Clearly the club don't feel they can shift more than that, especially given the subsidy. Free coach travel might have been better to maximise attendance! I remember the Man City furore.

It might have been nice if they had the option for more if need though.

Nice of the club to subsidise though. Shame Man Utd don't lower prices but I think they charge STH whether they go or if I remember correctly?

George_

by George_ » 15 Dec 2016 12:31

IN x5

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Dec 2016 12:42

Good gesture from the club, but, the gate receipts are split in the FA Cup anyway so still set for a big payout.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 15 Dec 2016 12:45

Z175 5,446 allocation? Clearly the club don't feel they can shift more than that, especially given the subsidy. Free coach travel might have been better to maximise attendance! I remember the Man City furore.

It might have been nice if they had the option for more if need though.

Nice of the club to subsidise though. Shame Man Utd don't lower prices but I think they charge STH whether they go or if I remember correctly?

I know MU STH had letters before where if they do not buy a ticket for the cup game their season ticket is void for the next league game. A few years a go the next home league game was Man City and that went down really well

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2016 13:04

I don't think enough is done to congratulate and publicise this kind of gesture from the club. Its an outstanding gesture, and their commitment to low ticket prices for away fans is very very commendable. Its such a shame that so few clubs have returned the gesture.

Man U should be embarrassed that a club like Reading are subsiding the ticket prices of arguably the richest club in the world.

The club obviously don't get everything right, but it's nice to see they at least make an effort

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2016 13:40

Could Reading get more than the allocation if they sell quickly. Believe they're actually entitled to twice that figure under FA Cup rules if police and safety dont have issues

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 15 Dec 2016 14:04

Manure probably want confirmation that we will sell our allocation. (because if we don't, they will) Bearing in mind the club have already taken a hit on the price. I doubt RFC will want to commit to a larger allocation in case our fans don't purchase the tickets.

In a nut shell! I reckon thats our lot.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Dec 2016 14:19

Hound I don't think enough is done to congratulate and publicise this kind of gesture from the club. Its an outstanding gesture, and their commitment to low ticket prices for away fans is very very commendable. Its such a shame that so few clubs have returned the gesture.

Man U should be embarrassed that a club like Reading are subsiding the ticket prices of arguably the richest club in the world.

The club obviously don't get everything right, but it's nice to see they at least make an effort

POTD. Absolutely agree.

I think we should all feel very lucky to support RFC as it does seem they genuinely want the best for the fans and are trying their best to deliver.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 15 Dec 2016 14:21

Charles Watts has confirmed that this is the final allocation. I can't see it selling out on STHs and HSTHs alone. I reckon, like the Arsenal League Cup game, those of us who want one will get one. Of course I'll be on here crying about how as a 1000+ member I'm angry with the allocation if I don't get one......

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Dec 2016 19:03

Was in for this but even the subsidised cost is (relatively) massive for a cup game that we'll lose badly, a 400 mile round trip, an early kick off and it's on TV. I'll probably still go although having just sat in 2hrs of traffic on the M6 from Jn 16 to 22 it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Good point from Gazzer, it's a bumper pay day for the club so this subsidy is a smallish dent in it. It would be interesting to know whether this pricing structure was from ManU or from RFC, as I understand it the pricing has to be agreed between the clubs. The implication is it's the former (they are the bad guys) but it could be RFC wanted the extra dosh and happily went along with £45 for home fans

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Dec 2016 19:12

PieEater Was in for this but even the subsidised cost is (relatively) massive for a cup game that we'll lose badly, a 400 mile round trip, an early kick off and it's on TV. I'll probably still go although having just sat in 2hrs of traffic on the M6 from Jn 16 to 22 it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Not sure why you think we will lose badly.

Often we (and others) step up a gear when playing one of the big boys.

Also Man United are so up and down and poor these days anything can happen.

It's one of the best times to play them in my opinion. 5000 away fans, a crisp Saturday in January and at Old Trafford. There's every chance for us to win this if things go our way

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2016 20:09

Bit cynical that on the pricing.

RFC could easily have left it at £45 and blamed Utd. The commitment to the prices for the replay if needed (and certainly not an impossibility) also suggests they are not behind the high ticket prices. They could charge double the £20 quoted and still sell out

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 15 Dec 2016 21:08

Hound Bit cynical that on the pricing.

RFC could easily have left it at £45 and blamed Utd. The commitment to the prices for the replay if needed (and certainly not an impossibility) also suggests they are not behind the high ticket prices. They could charge double the £20 quoted and still sell out

Not sure they could easily have left the price at £45. Doubt they would have sold the allocation at that price and potential match income could have significantly reduced. £30 is probably just about right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2016 07:39

Possibly not the whole allocation, but still enough to earn them more money than by subsidising the tickets I expect. Esp as I believe all ticket sales are split

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Dec 2016 11:26

Hound Possibly not the whole allocation, but still enough to earn them more money than by subsidising the tickets I expect. Esp as I believe all ticket sales are split

Suspect it may not make much difference either way - the bulk of the money split between the two clubs is going to come from the ManUre supporters, not the away supporters (don't know what they are being charged, but there are definitely more of them). But it makes sense, having rowed in fully behind the Twenty's Plenty campaign for the Championship, that ReadingFC are saying tickets for away supporters at ManU at an FA cup game should be capped at the £30 that would apply for a Premier League game.

I think it's disgraceful that ManU would actually charge more for an FA Cup 3rd round game than for a PL game for away supporters. I'm guessing they don't actually agree with the PL price cap, but have no choice as it has been agreed for 3 seasons.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Dec 2016 12:06

I believe this is the biggest allocation we could take on a sale or return basis. If we took more it would be firm sale so the club would have to pay for the tickets up front with no refunds from Man Utd on any that didn't sell.
Makes taking 5500 sensible and low risk.
I do like the gesture of the subsidy. Ok it is a smallish proportion of what we will earn but it didn't have to be done and I think the club have done a lot of supporter friendly stuff in recent seasons.
Looking forward to a Josh Barrett winner at OT !

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Dec 2016 12:20

Spare a thought for the United ST holders who have to buy a home FA Cup ticket regardless of whether they intend to go or not.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 16 Dec 2016 12:50

Bless 'em but I expect the cost of travelling to Salford from Surrey makes the ticket price pale into insignificance.

116 posts