Season ticket renewals 17/18

117 posts
George_

Season ticket renewals 17/18

by George_ » 07 Mar 2017 16:34

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 13350.aspx

Firstly, a simple thank you. Thank you, from everyone at the club, to all those who – despite two disappointing league campaigns at Madejski Stadium - remained loyal to the Royals and signed up for the 2016-17 season.

We hope that, whatever the final ten games of this season hold in store for Jaap Stam and his players, this season’s improvement has been just reward for your faith in our club.

And yet, when we officially go on sale with Season Tickets for 2017-18 later this week we want to say thank you for your allegiance again with an ‘early bird’ renewal price which will see reductions on last year’s renewal prices – across all sections of the stadium and for every single age group!

Not only that, but in the next few days Season Tickets will go on sale to any Member Card holder who wants to commit to a seat for next season – and the price will be guaranteed regardless of which division we may be playing in next season.

Stam’s side remain in the top six with just ten games of the season left to play - so the chase for a play-off place is very real for the Royals. But fans will be able to secure their Season Tickets at a price, during that four-week-long ‘early bird’ period, which will remain fixed no matter whether we’re playing Manchester United and Chelsea, or resuming our battle to get back to the big time!

Full details on how to buy your Season Ticket for the 2017-18 campaign will be unveiled in the coming days on the official website and supporters will be able to secure their seat for next season when Season Tickets go on sale from 10am on Friday 10th March.

Season Tickets remain the cheapest way to watch the Royals at home and if you’re a Season Ticket Holder or Half Season Ticket Holder who is hoping to renew - or if you want to convert your Member Card into a Season Ticket for 2017-18 - be sure to sign up during the ‘early bird’ period to ensure you get the best price possible!

No Fixed Abode

Re: Season ticket renewals 17/18

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Mar 2017 16:37

I know a few over 65s that were thinking of not renewing due to the extra expense of the buses. But if STs are cheaper this might encourage them to renew.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Mar 2017 16:38

Sounds like, once again, you can't fault the club for its efforts on the ticket pricing front

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 07 Mar 2017 16:53

Didn't Cardiff do this a season or two back to pay off a loan?

Cashflow problems at the Mad?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Mar 2017 17:18

It's like a drug and when you've been hooked for over thirty years you cant stop, of course renew

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Mar 2017 21:09

George_ http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-tickets-2017-18-on-sale-this-week-3613350.aspx

Firstly, a simple thank you. Thank you, from everyone at the club, to all those who – despite two disappointing league campaigns at Madejski Stadium - remained loyal to the Royals and signed up for the 2016-17 season.

We hope that, whatever the final ten games of this season hold in store for Jaap Stam and his players, this season’s improvement has been just reward for your faith in our club.

And yet, when we officially go on sale with Season Tickets for 2017-18 later this week we want to say thank you for your allegiance again with an ‘early bird’ renewal price which will see reductions on last year’s renewal prices – across all sections of the stadium and for every single age group!

Not only that, but in the next few days Season Tickets will go on sale to any Member Card holder who wants to commit to a seat for next season – and the price will be guaranteed regardless of which division we may be playing in next season.

Stam’s side remain in the top six with just ten games of the season left to play - so the chase for a play-off place is very real for the Royals. But fans will be able to secure their Season Tickets at a price, during that four-week-long ‘early bird’ period, which will remain fixed no matter whether we’re playing Manchester United and Chelsea, or resuming our battle to get back to the big time!

Full details on how to buy your Season Ticket for the 2017-18 campaign will be unveiled in the coming days on the official website and supporters will be able to secure their seat for next season when Season Tickets go on sale from 10am on Friday 10th March.

Season Tickets remain the cheapest way to watch the Royals at home and if you’re a Season Ticket Holder or Half Season Ticket Holder who is hoping to renew - or if you want to convert your Member Card into a Season Ticket for 2017-18 - be sure to sign up during the ‘early bird’ period to ensure you get the best price possible!

Awesome, I can pick up one for next year without having to hang about.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Mar 2017 21:53

Will you be demanding any guarantees Ian?

On a serious note, hats very much off there

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Mar 2017 23:35

Hmm, the cynic in me immediately thought cash flow issues as it is very early to be doing renewals. And the price reduction just increases that concern for me as they are trying to get as many people to commit as soon as possible with excellent pricing (especially as my ticket in the ED went down last year as well)

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 Mar 2017 07:07

Fantastic - sounds like we will be well priced once again.

Not surprised that they are going to sell this early; considering our next home match is in April, on tv and IMO will be our biggest game of the season and our 3 upcoming games could make or break it.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 08 Mar 2017 07:35

3points Hmm, the cynic in me immediately thought cash flow issues as it is very early to be doing renewals. And the price reduction just increases that concern for me as they are trying to get as many people to commit as soon as possible with excellent pricing (especially as my ticket in the ED went down last year as well)

You need to have a word with your cynicism, because all you've serve to do there is turn a very positive gesture from the club into something negative.

We are about three weeks earlier than normal, so it's hardly a massive change. Why does the club trying to get more fans in concern you out of interest? Surely this is exactly what they should be doing, and Is a continuation of the commitment they've shown over the last few years about trying to make watching football as affordable as possible?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Mar 2017 08:38

WAZZOCK
3points Hmm, the cynic in me immediately thought cash flow issues as it is very early to be doing renewals. And the price reduction just increases that concern for me as they are trying to get as many people to commit as soon as possible with excellent pricing (especially as my ticket in the ED went down last year as well)

You need to have a word with your cynicism, because all you've serve to do there is turn a very positive gesture from the club into something negative.

We are about three weeks earlier than normal, so it's hardly a massive change. Why does the club trying to get more fans in concern you out of interest? Surely this is exactly what they should be doing, and Is a continuation of the commitment they've shown over the last few years about trying to make watching football as affordable as possible?

I've worked with financially troubled companies for over 20 years. Early promotions of a standard priced product is a classic sign of cashflow issues. I hope I am wrong. I would have thought though, given our current position in the play-offs, they may have waited a little longer but I guess they can significantly increase the prices for any new ST holders.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Mar 2017 08:44

I think its a great gesture and likely to help persuade me to take up the offer

I can understand why it would look like an attempt to get money into the club asap, but I think its understandable that the club would use our current position in table to help drive ticket sales. Realistically if we were drop to 7th, the demand would be a lot less

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Mar 2017 09:39

Sutekh Sounds like, once again, you can't fault the club for its efforts on the ticket pricing front

much like the 20 is plenty stuff, its all very good,and regulars will benefit, but its not really them being nice is it, its just supply and demand.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Mar 2017 09:39

3points
WAZZOCK

I've worked with financially troubled companies for over 20 years. Early promotions of a standard priced product is a classic sign of cashflow issues. I hope I am wrong. I would have thought though, given our current position in the play-offs, they may have waited a little longer but I guess they can significantly increase the prices for any new ST holders.

we have done this most years, regardless.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Mar 2017 18:15

Prices for renewals published- look good to me

cornflake

by cornflake » 09 Mar 2017 18:40

Excellent pricing.
Hopefully we can start filling the Mad Stad !!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Mar 2017 19:37

IN :!:

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 09 Mar 2017 21:26

Count me in 100%
My lad is 8 him and I love our little club and what it means to us.
It's a no brainer.

Keep the faith

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Mar 2017 22:30

We'll be renewing.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 10 Mar 2017 07:53

Very good news: ST reduced by £25 :D
Not so good news: Parking Permit increased by £50 :cry: