Play off Away Leg

224 posts
Whitley

Re: Play off Away Leg

by Whitley » 09 May 2017 09:09

CountryRoyal
bobby1413 That long haired guy who apparently has never missed a game every would probably have something like that number of points

He has missed a game at least once before though. Couldn't tell you when or where but it was a specifically low crowd and I definitely remember him not being there.

Just realised how stalky that sounds.

He hasn't missed a game for over 30 years, I think he has around 5300 points

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 May 2017 09:29

Well i'm IN for this now. Looking forward to it.

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 09 May 2017 09:50

Managed to buy these pretty quickly this morning, thought it was going to take an awful lot longer. I've managed to accumulated 4125. Had a season ticket since 2002-03 and probably on average been to around 15 away games a season.
I do think the Royalty Points system works in principle but I think if someone has been to 18+ away games this season but does not qualify for 3500 points - then they should be in the first criteria as they have chosen to travel thousands of miles supporting Reading, and shouldn't miss out because a few ST holders want to go to their first away game.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 09 May 2017 09:56

gdroyal Managed to buy these pretty quickly this morning, thought it was going to take an awful lot longer. I've managed to accumulated 4125. Had a season ticket since 2002-03 and probably on average been to around 15 away games a season.
I do think the Royalty Points system works in principle but I think if someone has been to 18+ away games this season but does not qualify for 3500 points - then they should be in the first criteria as they have chosen to travel thousands of miles supporting Reading, and shouldn't miss out because a few ST holders want to go to their first away game.

Most if not all of the people that get tickets for this one will have been to away games before. The way the points thresholds have been set I think season ticket holders (who, after all, do give the club the most money) will get tickets but only if they've been to a fair few away games. Can't see anyone under 2000 points getting a ticket so hardly rewarding less loyal fans

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 May 2017 09:57

Can the selfish people buying tickets today please stop until around 10am tomorrow morning? Thank you

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 May 2017 10:00

Queued for over an hour at the TO. first person in the queue was there at 6am !

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 May 2017 10:01

Tickets secured , not a mental queue at Mad Stad according to our mate how got 5 tickets for us, queued for about an hour but mainly due to slow staff , ticket office were very strict on points, good luck to everybody trying to get tickets

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 May 2017 10:03

But . . . . ..why queue?

Surely the tickets sales have been staged so that everyone with over 3500 points can get a ticket?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 May 2017 10:06

Gunny Fishcake Tickets secured , not a mental queue at Mad Stad according to our mate how got 5 tickets for us, queued for about an hour but mainly due to slow staff , ticket office were very strict on points, good luck to everybody trying to get tickets

Genuinely curious, not having a go or anything - but why do people queue in person, rather than ringing or going on-line? I have never ever bought a ticket while physically at the ticket office.

Don't think I've got any shot at this, as I want to go with my son who isn't currently a ST holder as he's at Uni - I reckon there will be nothing left by the time we get to Thursday pm. (I'd be surprised if we are not sold out by tomorrow afternoon)

Still, we've got tickets for the home leg, so that will have to do.

jar95

by jar95 » 09 May 2017 10:10

Tickets sorted by 9:06 this morning! :D

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 May 2017 10:11

muirinho
Gunny Fishcake Tickets secured , not a mental queue at Mad Stad according to our mate how got 5 tickets for us, queued for about an hour but mainly due to slow staff , ticket office were very strict on points, good luck to everybody trying to get tickets

Genuinely curious, not having a go or anything - but why do people queue in person, rather than ringing or going on-line? I have never ever bought a ticket while physically at the ticket office.

Don't think I've got any shot at this, as I want to go with my son who isn't currently a ST holder as he's at Uni - I reckon there will be nothing left by the time we get to Thursday pm. (I'd be surprised if we are not sold out by tomorrow afternoon)

Simply so we can sit together, though not sure what the seating policy will be by FFC

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 May 2017 10:13

muirinho

I wouldn't be too surprised if we sold out today. It's one of those games where even if someone with points isn't going that they're likely to know someone who wants their ticket.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 09 May 2017 10:16

muirinho

Games with a high demand can cause you to be in a queue on the phones or online. Going to the TO basically guarantees you a ticket.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 09 May 2017 10:17

Nameless Queued for over an hour at the TO. first person in the queue was there at 6am !

:shock:

May have to adjust what time I arrive for if they are still on sale tomorrow :shock:

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 09 May 2017 10:19

so any prospect of a second allocation, or are we stuck at 2,000?........i reckon i've got no chance as im no longer a STH so have to wait until Thursday PM. Think I might have to re-invest in a ST.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 09 May 2017 10:21

East Stand Ste so any prospect of a second allocation, or are we stuck at 2,000?........i reckon i've got no chance as im no longer a STH so have to wait until Thursday PM. Think I might have to re-invest in a ST.

No chance unfortunately. Full and final allocation is 2,000.

Every club in the play offs has given each other the exact same allocation and exact same prices. Which is good to see, I guess. Gives every game the best chance of selling out at least. But naturally does leave a lot of disappointed fans given the fact both semis are relatively local teams against each other.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 May 2017 10:22

East Stand Ste so any prospect of a second allocation, or are we stuck at 2,000?........i reckon i've got no chance as im no longer a STH so have to wait until Thursday PM. Think I might have to re-invest in a ST.

2000 is final allocation, and yeah you've got no chance.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 May 2017 10:23

Gunny Fishcake
muirinho

Simply so we can sit together, though not sure what the seating policy will be by FFC

Can do that by phone too.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 May 2017 10:32

gdroyal Managed to buy these pretty quickly this morning, thought it was going to take an awful lot longer. I've managed to accumulated 4125. Had a season ticket since 2002-03 and probably on average been to around 15 away games a season.

I hear what you're saying but the club have been doing this for years (since the great Man City debacle?) so it's hardly new news.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 May 2017 10:32

muirinho
Gunny Fishcake
muirinho

Can do that by phone too.

Ever tried getting through on the phone for a game like this ? Hence going to stadium

224 posts