Play Off Home Leg

126 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Play Off Home Leg

by Sutekh » 11 May 2017 14:09

So looks like Reading have got just above the average that would turn up for a league game at the moment - around 18/19k incl. away fans

Reckon the club will now struggle to sell the remaining tickets unless things go reasonably ok on Saturday.

#stillnotbuyingintoStamsvision #tinpot :P

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 May 2017 14:28

Sutekh So looks like Reading have got just above the average that would turn up for a league game at the moment - around 18/19k incl. away fans

Reckon the club will now struggle to sell the remaining tickets unless things go reasonably ok on Saturday.

#stillnotbuyingintoStamsvision #tinpot :P

I noticed that the upper corners of the West Stand are no longer available. Do you think they are waiting to see if they sell out before opening them for sale? I'm sure that some of the seats were already sold when I checked on Tuesday.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 May 2017 15:14

I thought 20,000 gone for home leg, at least another 2,000 should sell before Tuesday!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 May 2017 18:41

CountryRoyal
Clyde1998
Elm Park Kid I noticed that there are quite a few STHs who didn't book their seats. Waiting to see how we get on Saturday? :)
A large percentage of them will no doubt be children, who may not go to midweek games. Additionally, I'm aware of STHs who have exams the night after who aren't going as a result.

That's a oxf*rd terrible excuse.

How much do students now have to pay for the 'privilege' of studying for a degree? If they're worried about an exam the next day then I wouldn't blame them for not going.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2017 19:53

I'd say if you are worried about an exam going out and doing something to distract your. Mind is very sensible.
If you don't know your stuff, revising the night before is unlikely to make much difference.
I went to a big game just before my finals and still got a solid third in Media Studies.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 May 2017 21:16

Unable to get a ticket online at the moment. I assume that means they are down to very low numbers (if not already sold out). Hopefully there are a few singleton tickets still available for my daft daughter who has now left it late to buy one!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2017 21:27

West Stand Man Unable to get a ticket online at the moment. I assume that means they are down to very low numbers (if not already sold out). Hopefully there are a few singleton tickets still available for my daft daughter who has now left it late to buy one!

I just went on the website and was able to select 2 seats together in the East Stand (B15) so we've definitely not sold out and it's definitely not just singles available.
Didn't try the other stands.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 11 May 2017 21:54

West Stand Man Unable to get a ticket online at the moment. I assume that means they are down to very low numbers (if not already sold out). Hopefully there are a few singleton tickets still available for my daft daughter who has now left it late to buy one!

There's definitely tickets left, did you login?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 May 2017 09:48

WAZZOCK

There's definitely tickets left, did you login?

Sorted. She is a former ST holder (let it lapse this year as she wasn't local to the SEast) but as she hasn't been this year at all the system hasn't registered her as a member even though she has over 3000 points. We are all in and booked for the game now.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 12 May 2017 11:36

Just moved my tickets booked on Monday in Y19 to Y26 #hooligan # ladz.

In all seriousness, there was a long queue on the phone and the entire block next to the away fans in the South stand is now completely sold out, im guessing tickets are still selling at a decent clip

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 May 2017 11:45

Nameless I'd say if you are worried about an exam going out and doing something to distract your. Mind is very sensible.
If you don't know your stuff, revising the night before is unlikely to make much difference.
I went to a big game just before my finals and still got a solid third in Media Studies.

I'm not saying your approach is wrong and it is more in line with what I was like when I was a student. However, others are 'wired' differently.

I'm assuming the reference to degree classification was tongue in cheek, as some might argue it doesn't particularly validate the wisdom of going to a big game on the night before your finals.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 May 2017 13:00

If you are going to do a degree in media studies it's value isn't really enhanced by putting in the work to get more than a third is it ?

Apart from that, you are of course right. Some people would go to the game but not enjoy it because they were so stressed about exams. Each to their own but the point stands that sometimes giving yourself a break is worth much more than desperate last minute cramming....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 May 2017 14:45

I wouldn't be able to concentrate if I didn't. Assuming I stayed in and actually "worked".

I'm probably a bad example as I was a terrible student. :lol: Had a good laugh though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 May 2017 17:28

Nameless If you are going to do a degree in media studies it's value isn't really enhanced by putting in the work to get more than a third is it ?

That might be true. Certainly it would appear to make you far too qualified for the likes of GetReading and most of the other free media. Your ability to write in reasonably correct English would also seem to make you over qualified!

Take that back. I've just spotted the rogue apostrophe incorrectly inserted within the possessive pronoun! :twisted: You are ideally qualified to work for GetReading or, indeed, The Sun.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 May 2017 22:37

If it wasn't for last minute cramming I wouldn't have studied at all at university. The night before is most important night - the only night!

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 13 May 2017 08:58

Normally a Y25er, and didn't book tics in time, as going with ANother. Anyway first time in South Stand and I can see that the block by the SW6ers is pretty much sold out now. So if anybody else, of a great unwashed descent, is over that way perhaps we can launch a vocal pincer movement on the Foolem :lol: We're the right side, we're the right side.....we're the left side, we're the left side. Now that would be music to the ears.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 May 2017 13:07

Our last two playoff campaigns coincided with GCSEs and A-Levels for me.

Was up in Burnley on the Saturday, with a full week of exams coming up.

Couldn't go to Cardiff as my exams didn't finish until about 5pm that day. Still annoyed about that...

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 May 2017 02:06

I'm one such student unfortunately. At uni in Bristol so it would be a late one to go and get the train back, and I have an exam the following morning. Looks like it'll be the sports bar big screen for me...

If we got to Wembley, that would be the day after my last exam which would be a rather nice present!

BF11

by BF11 » 14 May 2017 22:16

Are tickets sold out? Logged in online but can't seem to select any of the options at all.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 14 May 2017 22:33

BF11 Are tickets sold out? Logged in online but can't seem to select any of the options at all.

No. Just had a look and there are still seats available in the South Stand

126 posts