Madejski Stadium cladding.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
No Fixed Abode

Madejski Stadium cladding.

by No Fixed Abode » 30 Jun 2017 10:57

Has the club looked into their cladding on the stadium/hotel as to whether it's safe or not?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Madejski Stadium cladding.

by Hendo » 30 Jun 2017 11:17

Dunno. But I am sure all those fleeces have to be some sort of fire hazard, amiright?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jun 2017 11:43

For a raft of reasons I would be amazed if there was any similarity, there is no reason why they would use insulatimg cladding on a stadium.
The stadium manager is pretty switched on though so he's likely to have been on top of it.
I'd have thought the hotel would be more likely to be an issue.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 30 Jun 2017 18:54

No Fixed Abode Has the club looked into their cladding on the stadium/hotel as to whether it's safe or not?

As it isn't a high rise apartment block I guess not.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 01 Jul 2017 12:12

Nameless For a raft of reasons I would be amazed if there was any similarity, there is no reason why they would use insulatimg cladding on a stadium.
The stadium manager is pretty switched on though so he's likely to have been on top of it.

from memory it is 75mm foam insulated panels which is standard for the clad sections of the occupied area of the site and of the hotel. the perimeter of the stadium -what you can see from the walkway and stairwells are uninsulated afair (happy TBC'ed)

it must be remembered this site was constructed back in 98'> with the exception of the hotel 'new wing' so it is unlikely to be of the same material makeup

On the other note, Ray is 100% clued up on pretty much everything and I have no doubt that was his first question the morning after the fire...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jul 2017 14:49

The SGSA (Sports Ground Safety Authority) has now written to all Premier and Football League clubs asking that they arrange fire checks on any external cladding that they may have on their grounds.

nevo1970

by nevo1970 » 01 Jul 2017 15:20

multisync1830
Nameless For a raft of reasons I would be amazed if there was any similarity, there is no reason why they would use insulatimg cladding on a stadium.

from memory it is 75mm foam insulated panels which is standard for the clad sections of the occupied area of the site and of the hotel. the perimeter of the stadium -what you can see from the walkway and stairwells are uninsulated afair (happy TBC'ed)

it must be remembered this site was constructed back in 98'> with the exception of the hotel 'new wing' so it is unlikely to be of the same material makeup

On the other note, Ray is 100% clued up on pretty much everything and I have no doubt that was his first question the morning after the fire...

As it happens if a composite sandwich cladding system has been used then given the age of the stadium it is more likely not to have a fire safe core so could be combustible, however the panels are also likely to be steel rather than aluminium.

The issue goes far beyond type of cladding and insulation it also has to do with method of construction as well as use of the property and the reliance of passive versus active fire protection measures.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Jul 2017 10:03

even if it had combustible insulation(why insulate an open football stadium?) in it I reckon you could pretty much set fire to the entire outside and everyone inside the bowl would still be fine

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Jul 2017 11:22

multisync1830 from memory it is 75mm foam insulated panels which is standard for the clad sections of the occupied area of the site and of the hotel. the perimeter of the stadium -what you can see from the walkway and stairwells are uninsulated afair (happy TBC'ed)

:lol: oxf*rd off you pr1ck

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1