Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2018 15:50

Snowflake Royal
Chuckle Brother I'm not trolling. I rarely post. And certainly (unlike some) don't generally post for the sake of it.

I'm simply saying at the game yesterday from where I was sitting there was no discernible noise coming from that half of the South Stand.

Maybe it was drowned out by the away fans.

I look forward to hopefully being proved wrong on Saturday.

Where were you sat?

Because there was definitely noise and it can't have been drowned out by the away fans who barely made a peep outside 5 minutes after scoring and the occasional corner.

I remember for years people saying Y25/6 didn't make any noise when they sung half the game away.

The accoustics of the stadium are terrible.

Hahaha acoustics.

Calm down Fagin, no doubt you and all your boys will be back there against Ipswich bringing the club into disrepute again.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Nov 2018 16:24

Snowflake Royal
Zip I thought 1871 supporters were better today. The support around the ground was also improved. It was quiet for 10/15 minutes after Brizzle made it 1-1 but thereafter it was decent.

Y256 put in a showing a few times today and I even heard the North and West once or twice!

South was short of critical mass of people still, but another good day given numbers, just like Hull. There was at least a low level of noise pretty much constantly, and a decent level plenty of the time. It would help if those who start chants could either use ones people actually know, or get some better diction. I have no idea what they words were to at least one of the chants so can't join in with it.

It took me months to work out all the words to Bacuna's song, people sing it so slurred.

OOOeeeOOOO Leandro Bacuna
OOOeeeOOOO Eyfyurgle yurgle veeya
He never gives the ball away.

The one I'm currently struggling with has something to do with "Steve Coppell was the gaffer", completely slurred line, something something Leicester, completely slurred line etc.

This it? Not sung loud enough atm to work out what it is from where I am in Y24. Could just about make out Allez Allez Allez.

We conquered all of England,
We thought we’d never stop,
We’ve got the oxf*rd record,
& It took us to the top!

Steve Coppell as our Gafa,
Thought Doyle’d never miss,
And when he scored at Leicester,
We all went on the piss!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ #readingfc

https://twitter.com/RobbieN_16/status/1 ... 6221314048

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Nov 2018 16:38

Snowflake Royal
Chuckle Brother I'm not trolling. I rarely post. And certainly (unlike some) don't generally post for the sake of it.

I'm simply saying at the game yesterday from where I was sitting there was no discernible noise coming from that half of the South Stand.

Where were you sat?

Because there was definitely noise and it can't have been drowned out by the away fans who barely made a peep outside 5 minutes after scoring and the occasional corner.

I remember for years people saying Y25/6 didn't make any noise when they sung half the game away.

If there was that much noise it wouldn't make any difference where in the stadium I was sat.

But for the record Y23.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Nov 2018 19:41

Old Man Andrews Ian and his boys need a new hobby.

Alanis would be proud

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2018 20:33

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
Zip I thought 1871 supporters were better today. The support around the ground was also improved. It was quiet for 10/15 minutes after Brizzle made it 1-1 but thereafter it was decent.

Y256 put in a showing a few times today and I even heard the North and West once or twice!

South was short of critical mass of people still, but another good day given numbers, just like Hull. There was at least a low level of noise pretty much constantly, and a decent level plenty of the time. It would help if those who start chants could either use ones people actually know, or get some better diction. I have no idea what they words were to at least one of the chants so can't join in with it.

It took me months to work out all the words to Bacuna's song, people sing it so slurred.

The one I'm currently struggling with has something to do with "Steve Coppell was the gaffer", completely slurred line, something something Leicester, completely slurred line etc.

This it? Not sung loud enough atm to work out what it is from where I am in Y24. Could just about make out Allez Allez Allez.

We conquered all of England,
We thought we’d never stop,
We’ve got the oxf*rd record,
& It took us to the top!

Steve Coppell as our Gafa,
Thought Doyle’d never miss,
And when he scored at Leicester,
We all went on the piss!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ #readingfc

https://twitter.com/RobbieN_16/status/1 ... 6221314048

That'll be it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Nov 2018 20:39

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal

Where were you sat?

Hahaha acoustics.

Calm down Fagin, no doubt you and all your boys will be back there against Ipswich bringing the club into disrepute again.

Would like to know, exactly, how they are bringing the club into disrepute. Especially when they have the backing of the club itself.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Nov 2018 22:31

Snowflake Royal

You'd think they might work out the problem when that song is always quiet and anything like Super Reading, Molly Malone, Skies are Grey, People always say to me, Yakou Meite, Leandro Bacuna are all five times as loud with three times as many people joining in.

Still, yet another enjoyable game with C1871. No moaning minnies. Unreserved 'seating'. Standing all game no problems. Singing most the time. Top stuff. Much better experience than I've ever had in Y24/5/6 and it'd be even better with another couple of hundred people.

Please please please don’t create and distribute chant lyric sheets. That’s probably the only way you could get more embarrassing from this point forward

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2018 09:12

John Smith
Snowflake Royal

You'd think they might work out the problem when that song is always quiet and anything like Super Reading, Molly Malone, Skies are Grey, People always say to me, Yakou Meite, Leandro Bacuna are all five times as loud with three times as many people joining in.

Still, yet another enjoyable game with C1871. No moaning minnies. Unreserved 'seating'. Standing all game no problems. Singing most the time. Top stuff. Much better experience than I've ever had in Y24/5/6 and it'd be even better with another couple of hundred people.

Please please please don’t create and distribute chant lyric sheets. That’s probably the only way you could get more embarrassing from this point forward

It would really sum Club 1871 up nicely though. Ian is probably off to the printers as we speak.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2018 21:31

This just needs to die now, so pathetic again today. I'm embarrassed for all involved, pity them.

scumbag

by scumbag » 10 Nov 2018 23:06

Peered over a few times from Y25 today. I understand the intend and i understand the need for the idea but why on earth are you essentially dividing off from the rest of your vocal supporters?
As far i was aware it was meant to be a place for a constant atmosphere supporting the players but from my view today it was just a group of people stood up barely even applauding let alone singing? If anything it's damaged the atmosphere!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Nov 2018 10:39

The organiser looks like he's reached the end of his teather judging by what he's said on Twitter.

Unlucky Club 1871, you did your best.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 12 Nov 2018 09:14

Old Man Andrews The organiser looks like he's reached the end of his teather judging by what he's said on Twitter.

Where can I find this mate?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Nov 2018 09:27

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews The organiser looks like he's reached the end of his teather judging by what he's said on Twitter.

Twitter conversation between the organiser and someone criticising the project. Organiser said he was having a bad day and basically said he didn't want to be there any more.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Nov 2018 09:39

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox

Twitter conversation between the organiser and someone criticising the project. Organiser said he was having a bad day and basically said he didn't want to be there any more.

Is he real supporter? The question has to be asked...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Nov 2018 12:42

For the first time on Saturday I noticed that supporters in this section were goading the Ipswich fans when we scored and directing songs at them. That going against their initial objectives?

PS - I am all for it and good to have our fans behind that goal.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 12 Nov 2018 13:04

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox

just tried to find this, and come across a twitter page called Platypuss the rat, tweeting about club1871.

10 points to whoever guesses it might be

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2018 21:19

paultheroyal For the first time on Saturday I noticed that supporters in this section were goading the Ipswich fans when we scored and directing songs at them. That going against their initial objectives?

PS - I am all for it and good to have our fans behind that goal.

Bits and pieces of that on and off for a while. Also some Clement out and anti Gourlay stuff from about half a dozen lads.

Personally, I don't think there's a problem interacting with the away fans a bit, even if your stated goal is to stay focused on the team. It's when it starts becoming solely about the away fans and deliberately setting out to goad them - rather than just occasionally responding, and focusing on the game for the most part. It should go without saying (and I'm sure you don't need to be told this) that any sizeable group of people who don't all know each other will mean there are people with differing levels of commitment to a stated goal.

I mean the South is supposed to be about trying to back the team vocally and positively all game. Some people there barely make a peep though. And I try, but I certainly can't keep it up all game, and I struggle to keep going when not many other people are joining in either, neither am I a chant starter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2018 21:20

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox

just tried to find this, and come across a twitter page called Platypuss the rat, tweeting about club1871.

10 points to whoever guesses it might be

Jeez that's desperate, I feel bad. The poor guy must have some really serious issues, if it's who I assume.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2018 09:24

Selling 1/2 season tickets in the area, so I guess they are here to stay.

I am for it FTR. Me and my uncle were discussing it on Saturday and we came to the conclusion that while it is a great imitative and I want it to succeed, it isn't for us.

1) he is nearing 60 and doesn't want to stand for the whole game & I don't want to move my position in the ground away from him & 2) we don't really like being behind the goal, much prefer to be on the side.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Nov 2018 11:46

I might purchase a 1/2 season ticket there if they are selling them. It would be good to join in the atmousphere

2100 posts