Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by sandman » 02 Apr 2019 07:31

Shown up by less than 100 Bayern fans last night.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Apr 2019 07:33

Hendo
One87One
The Enfield Royal71 I think Club1871 will be better received by the masses if we are allowed to take weapons and alcohol in that part of the stadium.

Been itching to try my new chinese flamethrower and flares out.

By the sounds and looks of it, Y25/Y26 need your help more.

On a serious note, I was sat in the Premier Suite (SW corner) on Saturday and it was noticeable how sparse Y25/26 looked.

And there is the issue. A full south stand is fine but other areas of the ground will suffer because of it, namely Y24/25/26.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 02 Apr 2019 12:24

I don't agree with that. Y26 hasn't exactly been full for most of the season and the South stand has only had higher attendances for the last few games. What was Y26 suffering from before when 1871 were only getting 200 in there? If people moving means there will be a better atmosphere in a different area of the ground then what's the issue?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Apr 2019 13:02

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
One87One
By the sounds and looks of it, Y25/Y26 need your help more.

On a serious note, I was sat in the Premier Suite (SW corner) on Saturday and it was noticeable how sparse Y25/26 looked.

And there is the issue. A full south stand is fine but other areas of the ground will suffer because of it, namely Y24/25/26.

I can't really comment on how it normally looks as I sit in Y22.

But it was very noticeable on Saturday, whether people have moved there from Y25/26, I don't know.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Apr 2019 13:23

Until the team start doing well again, that's just going to be the case. I sat in the West Stand on Saturday (because £15 tickets) and you could see it was sparse, although to be fair, they did their share of singing spurred on by the lads in Club 1871.

It will fill out when the crowds start coming back, you know how fickle Reading fans are.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Apr 2019 20:39

La Flama Blanca I don't agree with that. Y26 hasn't exactly been full for most of the season and the South stand has only had higher attendances for the last few games. What was Y26 suffering from before when 1871 were only getting 200 in there? If people moving means there will be a better atmosphere in a different area of the ground then what's the issue?
this

Rechristen it The South Bank

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Apr 2019 08:05

Literally the worst idea I have ever heard. Reading supporters doing what they always do, living on past glories. The group of people behind Club 1871 have by their own admission never even stood in the South Bank. They cannot and will not comendeer the name.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 03 Apr 2019 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Apr 2019 09:59

Caaaaarrrrrm down OMA

It was tongue-in-cheek

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Apr 2019 10:03

AthleticoSpizz Caaaaarrrrrm down OMA

It was tongue-in-cheek

I WANT JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 03 Apr 2019 10:17

Old Man Andrews never even sat in the South Bank
????
Club 1871 will need to introduce leaking roof, p*ss running down from the toilets, stench of onions, hearded between metal fences, no atmosphere 95% of the time (South Bank atmosphere = urban myth)

One87One

by One87One » 04 Apr 2019 00:17

Old Man Andrews Literally the worst idea I have ever heard. Reading supporters doing what they always do, living on past glories. The group of people behind Club 1871 have by their own admission never even stood in the South Bank. They cannot and will not comendeer the name.

Those behind the initiative might not have, but a lot of us who have joined them have - myself included. My main reason for giving it a go initially was because for a number of seasons now Y25/26 has been awful. I missed being part of a decent home atmosphere. I also liked the idea of getting a second singing section going; and to the credit of all those behind it, away fans reviews have been very complimentary. I’d now like to see a group of fans put some effort in to spark Y25/26 back into life and work with the South Stand. The Dolan to their credit also contribute. When we can stop with the silly bickering, it’s all positive for our club.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 01:49

Club1871 is nonsense

Atmosphere should come naturally, the fact we're actively trying to force an atmosphere just concedes how poor our atmosphere really is

Also took a good 11 months to have more than 200 people there and even then they were bribed with free alcohol

Atmosphere isn't based on quantity of numbers or how successful you are. 100 Bayern fans showed us how to create a good atmosphere in a friendly match FFS. You only have to look at grounds like the Emirates or the Etihad, they're dead quiet

It's more based on passion. Let's be honest, our fans will never reach the same passion as most others. You only have to rewind to the Huddersfield playoff final with the pathetic atmosphere, even in the so called "singing section". Our atmosphere is shocking, end of

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Apr 2019 07:56

URZZZZ Club1871 is nonsense

Atmosphere should come naturally, the fact we're actively trying to force an atmosphere just concedes how poor our atmosphere really is

Also took a good 11 months to have more than 200 people there and even then they were bribed with free alcohol

Atmosphere isn't based on quantity of numbers or how successful you are. 100 Bayern fans showed us how to create a good atmosphere in a friendly match FFS. You only have to look at grounds like the Emirates or the Etihad, they're dead quiet

It's more based on passion. Let's be honest, our fans will never reach the same passion as most others. You only have to rewind to the Huddersfield playoff final with the pathetic atmosphere, even in the so called "singing section". Our atmosphere is shocking, end of

Holy oxf*rd shit I agree totally with URZZZZ. Incredible scenes.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2019 09:20

Old Man Andrews Holy oxf*rd shit I agree totally with URZZZZ. Incredible scenes.

You said you would concede, so why not do so?

It's boring now.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2019 09:22

A forced atmosphere would be playing sounds through speakers, this is a natural atmosphere where people who want to be passionate and vocal can gravitate towards and be a collective so it's louder.

How do you think those 100 fans Bayern bought over know each other? Because of their "forced atmosphere" section in the Allianz Arena.

Everyone knows how atmosphere is traditionally poor, so trying to improve it can't be a bad thing, surely?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Apr 2019 09:23

LWJ
Old Man Andrews Holy oxf*rd shit I agree totally with URZZZZ. Incredible scenes.

You said you would concede, so why not do so?

It's boring now.

And I have, I can still agree with a point of view on the subject its just the points of view will no longer come from me.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 10:41

Isn't that the point though? The atmosphere hasn't come naturally.
So the other option is to try and orchestrate it somewhat. Let's give that a go and see how it works. Doesn't help when you have divs like yourself rubbishing it whilst offering up no alternative.

Incidentally anyone who's been to a bayern game will tell you their fans are highly orchestrated with megaphones, pre made flags etc, the same fans youre waxing lyrical about. The same is typical of most European ultra groups.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 04 Apr 2019 10:58

Weren’t the Palace & Huddersfield atmospheres (all the ultra flags etc) the result of an initiative?

The C1871 initiative isn’t the problem - I’m surprised only 200-odd were tempted by the idea in the first place.

The positioning of it is probably the problem - move it within another area of the ground & you’ll more likely get people joining in the with chanting at least

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 13:36

LWJ

A forced atmosphere would be playing sounds through speakers, this is a natural atmosphere where people who want to be passionate and vocal can gravitate towards and be a collective so it's louder.

How do you think those 100 fans Bayern bought over know each other? Because of their "forced atmosphere" section in the Allianz Arena.

Everyone knows how atmosphere is traditionally poor, so trying to improve it can't be a bad thing, surely?

But as I said, these extra 400 people who have appeared from no-where didn't choose to sit in the south stand because they agreed with the inititative as such. They sat there because they wanted their free alcohol. That isn't a "natural" atmosphere. Plus you already now have the problems of spending more time trying to wind the opposition fans up rather than actually "singing". That was one thing they said wouldn't happen

There may be a singing section in Allianz Arena, I wasn't aware of that. Whenever I've seen Bayern play there, the atmosphere has come from all 4 sections of the ground, not from 500 people isolated in the middle of the ground, which just looks stupid

And I'm sorry to say while we're at the Madejski, atmosphere will always be bad, with the exception of one off games. There's a reason why it's always ranked 24 out of 24 of matchday experience, and with or without Club 1871, it will still be ranked the same

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 13:41

Notts Royal Weren’t the Palace & Huddersfield atmospheres (all the ultra flags etc) the result of an initiative?

The C1871 initiative isn’t the problem - I’m surprised only 200-odd were tempted by the idea in the first place.

The positioning of it is probably the problem - move it within another area of the ground & you’ll more likely get people joining in the with chanting at least

The positioning is ridiculous. But your last point is wrong. If you can't get fans to sing in a playoff final, with some fans telling others to stop chanting, then what chance do we have against Blackburn on a cold Tuesday night

Huddersfield made noise from all around the stadium. The difference between us was staggering. They may have a "singing section" but that generates only some of the noise. There's still atmosphere everywhere else across the stadium

2100 posts