Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
One87One

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by One87One » 24 Jul 2019 12:54

The Enfield Royal71
One87One Having recently been introduced to Bovril with half a stock cube, I’m really looking forward to those cold matches sat there with my thermos flask. :shock:

* Dwayne Dibbly Mode Off *

Ugh. Bovril. The literal worst drink bar bleach.

Tried it with half a stock cube? Amazing.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jul 2019 11:41

Bovril is class. Had it for the first (and also by no related reason the last) time at a cold and dark Salford FC game several years ago. Rate it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 25 Jul 2019 12:55

Nice with milk

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jul 2019 16:22

Wednesday fans unhappy with the 2,200 allocation we’ve given them with the usual insults “tinpot”, “half empty ground” coming out, yet most are ignoring our fantastic pricing strategy, people always looking for negatives

Got to say I think at the start of last season, they had a point when we were only filling 100-200 seats in the other half of the south stand but now we’re pretty much filling the other half up, I’m not sure what they’re getting their knickers in a twist for. Strange club, strange people

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 25 Jul 2019 16:25

CountryRoyal Bovril is class. Had it for the first (and also by no related reason the last) time at a cold and dark Salford FC game several years ago. Rate it.

Similar theme - Hadn't had it for years then at half time of the Sheff Utd game a few years ago when it was absolutely freezing we were getting beers and one of my mates suggested we get a Bovril chaser.. Not sure I'd order it at a BBQ but it was well received that night.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jul 2019 16:29

URZZZZ Wednesday fans unhappy with the 2,200 allocation we’ve given them with the usual insults “tinpot”, “half empty ground” coming out, yet most are ignoring our fantastic pricing strategy, people always looking for negatives

Got to say I think at the start of last season, they had a point when we were only filling 100-200 seats in the other half of the south stand but now we’re pretty much filling the other half up, I’m not sure what they’re getting their knickers in a twist for. Strange club, strange people

They are just like every well supported northern club, a sense of self-entitlement.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Jul 2019 18:09

Hendo
URZZZZ Wednesday fans unhappy with the 2,200 allocation we’ve given them with the usual insults “tinpot”, “half empty ground” coming out, yet most are ignoring our fantastic pricing strategy, people always looking for negatives

They are just like every well supported northern club, a sense of self-entitlement.

There all piling in buying tickets for our parts of the ground now. Pissed me off when that happens.

Surely the club needs to make it member card only or something. Few of them saying the purchased them with Sheffield addresses and weren't even questioned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 19:49

We may get a 60%+ occupancy of C1871, but the attendance isn't going to be 18/19/20k is it, so there'll be loads of empty seats around, we're just choosing to spread them out over 7/8ths of the ground instead of 3/4s.

Of course, if they do less than sell out they don't have a leg to stand on.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jul 2019 20:01

Snowflake Royal

We may get a 60%+ occupancy of C1871, but the attendance isn't going to be 18/19/20k is it, so there'll be loads of empty seats around, we're just choosing to spread them out over 7/8ths of the ground instead of 3/4s.

Of course, if they do less than sell out they don't have a leg to stand on.

Think they’ve already sold out, that’s the issue, and now many are sitting in the home end. And actually wouldn’t be shocked to see the attendance at 18k ish, seems to be a real feel good factor around at the moment. It’s just I don’t think we get enough credit as a club for our cheap tickets, certainly compared to other teams anyway (ironically Wednesday are one of the worst culprits) and instead teams are just focusing on allocations (lets be honest how many teams would fill both sides of the south stand anyway)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 20:13

No that's fair. Plus we're not here for them, we're here for us.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jul 2019 22:21

Who else will be in club 1871 this season? I'm thinking of making a flag with HNA C1871 on it and a biscuit (a hobnob because thats with this site is called). And I will get the usernames of everybody stitched into it that is on here

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jul 2019 22:28

I fully agree that as a club we get little credit for twenty’s plenty. It’s wasted on away fans, oxf*rd them.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Jul 2019 09:45

StellaPlease There all piling in buying tickets for our parts of the ground now. Pissed me off when that happens.

Surely the club needs to make it member card only or something. Few of them saying the purchased them with Sheffield addresses and weren't even questioned.

If this happens again (like Leeds (h) last season) then they need to clamp down on it immediately. Unfortunately this isn't rugby or cricket where fans can mix, it's easy enough to prevent and the club should be doing better. Stewards will have their work cut out.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 26 Jul 2019 11:25

John Smith
StellaPlease There all piling in buying tickets for our parts of the ground now. Pissed me off when that happens.

If this happens again (like Leeds (h) last season) then they need to clamp down on it immediately. Unfortunately this isn't rugby or cricket where fans can mix, it's easy enough to prevent and the club should be doing better. Stewards will have their work cut out.

All over their forums. They're even posting what block they're in.

It's easy to stop ffs.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jul 2019 11:53

The Enfield Royal71 Who else will be in club 1871 this season? I'm thinking of making a flag with HNA C1871 on it and a biscuit (a hobnob because thats with this site is called). And I will get the usernames of everybody stitched into it that is on here

Not sure the other Forest Green rover fans will get it when you unfurl it in the Vegan falafel stand for their opener.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Jul 2019 11:58

Jagermesiter1871
The Enfield Royal71 Who else will be in club 1871 this season? I'm thinking of making a flag with HNA C1871 on it and a biscuit (a hobnob because thats with this site is called). And I will get the usernames of everybody stitched into it that is on here

Not sure the other Forest Green rover fans will get it when you unfurl it in the Vegan falafel stand for their opener.

I refunded my season ticket there in protest

One87One

by One87One » 29 Jul 2019 07:42

Anyone know if the club will provide a full hot food menu for the South Stand? Last season there were no burgers on the concourse. It was very limited, perhaps as they didn’t know the demand at that time, but this season we’ve got over 1000 STH’s plus extras per game, so it’s easier to provide a full service.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Jul 2019 09:24

One87One Anyone know if the club will provide a full hot food menu for the South Stand? Last season there were no burgers on the concourse. It was very limited, perhaps as they didn’t know the demand at that time, but this season we’ve got over 1000 STH’s plus extras per game, so it’s easier to provide a full service.

You don't need to eat burgers during a 90 minute football match

One87One

by One87One » 29 Jul 2019 10:29

John Smith
One87One Anyone know if the club will provide a full hot food menu for the South Stand? Last season there were no burgers on the concourse. It was very limited, perhaps as they didn’t know the demand at that time, but this season we’ve got over 1000 STH’s plus extras per game, so it’s easier to provide a full service.

Agreed. I’m thinking more about that 15 minute break in the middle ...

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 29 Jul 2019 10:41

One87One
John Smith

Agreed. I’m thinking more about that 15 minute break in the middle ...

Don't have a panic attack mate, it's only a burger.

2100 posts