Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Apr 2019 11:51

John Smith
madstadblues I have a season tkt in C1871 (and had one at EP). It was a bit awkward at first, but as I have said before it is SO MUCH better that sitting with the clappers in the East stand who just moan - i enjoy going to football now. The past few games have been brilliant, the football has helped, although I was away for the Leeds game I understand it was still good despite getting dick$d. Although other clubs won't admit it I bet they are bit envious that someone has put their head above the parapet and had the B@lls to organise this and stick with it. Boxing the away fans in between Y'stoneisland'26 and C1871 is genius - we will definitely outsing Brentford and they will be mightely annoyed because of it. If OMA and JS and the other trolls, fisherman, kbw put as much effort into supporting the club rather than slagging off C1871 they might feel better about themselves.

You might not agree with my view on Club 1871 but you certainly can't question my support. You think because you managed to get a few chants going against Wigan and the other little clubs that you've 'achieved success' when all you've done is divide the support further. We're onto page 40 of this thread and still people don't agree. Your aim is to be Huddersfield - that says it all really.

Where were any of you at away games. Where were you at Preston? Where were you at Bolton? Because I was there supporting the club.

Without entering into the Club 1871 debate again can I just say it is ridiculous to label somone a troll because they have a differing opinion to you, it is quite pathetic.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 05 Apr 2019 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Apr 2019 12:14

Royality creeps In We have some real numpties on here.
The bottom line is the club endorse it. Having been in there all season I can say without any shadow of doubt that I am enjoying going to games again. I can stand without some pleb telling me to sit down, I can move around, and have a sing song and oxf*rd smile and a laugh. I'm not stuck in a corner, which in itself is probably the poorest view in the ground! Personally I would much rather be behind a goal anyway.

The atmosphere at the stadium was dull as dishwater until a few hardy souls met with the club and came up with an idea which seems to be working.
Oh and the numbers are increasing, which tells its own story.

It has been an excellent success, growing in numbers and with some exciting enhancements and incentives for next season its great to see it being endorsed by the club. Well done.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Apr 2019 13:27

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
madstadblues I have a season tkt in C1871 (and had one at EP). It was a bit awkward at first, but as I have said before it is SO MUCH better that sitting with the clappers in the East stand who just moan - i enjoy going to football now. The past few games have been brilliant, the football has helped, although I was away for the Leeds game I understand it was still good despite getting dick$d. Although other clubs won't admit it I bet they are bit envious that someone has put their head above the parapet and had the B@lls to organise this and stick with it. Boxing the away fans in between Y'stoneisland'26 and C1871 is genius - we will definitely outsing Brentford and they will be mightely annoyed because of it. If OMA and JS and the other trolls, fisherman, kbw put as much effort into supporting the club rather than slagging off C1871 they might feel better about themselves.

You might not agree with my view on Club 1871 but you certainly can't question my support. You think because you managed to get a few chants going against Wigan and the other little clubs that you've 'achieved success' when all you've done is divide the support further. We're onto page 40 of this thread and still people don't agree. Your aim is to be Huddersfield - that says it all really.

Where were any of you at away games. Where were you at Preston? Where were you at Bolton? Because I was there supporting the club.

Without entering into the Club 1871 debate again can I just say it is ridiculous to label somone a troll because they have a differing opinion to you, it is quite pathetic.

A rare +1, most people on this thread are acting like their view is superior to everyone else’s, actually very much like what club 1871 do! Really weird

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Apr 2019 13:41

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
John Smith You might not agree with my view on Club 1871 but you certainly can't question my support. You think because you managed to get a few chants going against Wigan and the other little clubs that you've 'achieved success' when all you've done is divide the support further. We're onto page 40 of this thread and still people don't agree. Your aim is to be Huddersfield - that says it all really.

A rare +1, most people on this thread are acting like their view is superior to everyone else’s, actually very much like what club 1871 do! Really weird

You do know John Smith and OMA are the same person right?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Apr 2019 13:44

URZZZZ
Notts Royal Weren’t the Palace & Huddersfield atmospheres (all the ultra flags etc) the result of an initiative?

The C1871 initiative isn’t the problem - I’m surprised only 200-odd were tempted by the idea in the first place.

The positioning of it is probably the problem - move it within another area of the ground & you’ll more likely get people joining in the with chanting at least

The positioning is ridiculous. But your last point is wrong. If you can't get fans to sing in a playoff final, with some fans telling others to stop chanting, then what chance do we have against Blackburn on a cold Tuesday night

Huddersfield made noise from all around the stadium. The difference between us was staggering. They may have a "singing section" but that generates only some of the noise. There's still atmosphere everywhere else across the stadium

Not convinced the John Smiths stadium was a decent enough atmosphere until their incentive. And having been to 21/24 championship grounds, I can confirm there isn’t constant noise at the others either.

Agree with you on the PO final. However we made decent noise at the FA Cup semi - and were better than Arsenal

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Apr 2019 13:45

The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

You do know John Smith and OMA are the same person right?

Ok Duffy.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Apr 2019 13:58

Notts Royal
URZZZZ
Notts Royal Weren’t the Palace & Huddersfield atmospheres (all the ultra flags etc) the result of an initiative?

The C1871 initiative isn’t the problem - I’m surprised only 200-odd were tempted by the idea in the first place.

The positioning of it is probably the problem - move it within another area of the ground & you’ll more likely get people joining in the with chanting at least

The positioning is ridiculous. But your last point is wrong. If you can't get fans to sing in a playoff final, with some fans telling others to stop chanting, then what chance do we have against Blackburn on a cold Tuesday night

Huddersfield made noise from all around the stadium. The difference between us was staggering. They may have a "singing section" but that generates only some of the noise. There's still atmosphere everywhere else across the stadium

Not convinced the John Smiths stadium was a decent enough atmosphere until their incentive. And having been to 21/24 championship grounds, I can confirm there isn’t constant noise at the others either.

Agree with you on the PO final. However we made decent noise at the FA Cup semi - and were better than Arsenal

I’ve been to 16 and can agree most are generally quiet, but ours is certainly one of the worst

Also agree about arsenal, and that just backs up my other point that winning or losing shouldn’t/doesn’t actually generate an atmosphere

End of the day, I can see why people are liking the initiative. It has improved the atmosphere and there’s no two ways about it (well in the last few games anyway), and it was like a morgue in there before

All I did was say why I wasn’t on board with it, that I thought it was a bit fake, the location of the fans aren’t great, the loss of revenue when teams (albeit only a few) want to fill out both sections, the fact they’re not sticking to their original principles (again not their fault, just idiots who spend more time trying to wind up the opposition fans)

Yet people just bite your head off for daring to have an opposing view. I mean it’s a discussion forum, what’s there to discuss if everyone has the same opinion. Yeah it’s 40 pages long this thread and I haven’t bothered to read this thread because of it so may have repeated points, but I only came uo yesterday so why people are acting like I’ve been against it since day 1 is really strange

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2019 14:30

would you like to see it continue Urzzzz into next season? Not having a dig at all, as respect your points, but I do think its genuinely a positive. What do you reckon would make it better?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Apr 2019 14:46

paultheroyal
Royality creeps In We have some real numpties on here.
The bottom line is the club endorse it. Having been in there all season I can say without any shadow of doubt that I am enjoying going to games again. I can stand without some pleb telling me to sit down, I can move around, and have a sing song and oxf*rd smile and a laugh. I'm not stuck in a corner, which in itself is probably the poorest view in the ground! Personally I would much rather be behind a goal anyway.

The atmosphere at the stadium was dull as dishwater until a few hardy souls met with the club and came up with an idea which seems to be working.
Oh and the numbers are increasing, which tells its own story.

It has been an excellent success, growing in numbers and with some exciting enhancements and incentives for next season its great to see it being endorsed by the club. Well done.

this. really impressed the last two times ive been. looks to be generating noise and atmosphere and is looking an enticing prospect for future games.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Apr 2019 19:01

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
John Smith You might not agree with my view on Club 1871 but you certainly can't question my support. You think because you managed to get a few chants going against Wigan and the other little clubs that you've 'achieved success' when all you've done is divide the support further. We're onto page 40 of this thread and still people don't agree. Your aim is to be Huddersfield - that says it all really.

You're still yet to make an actual point though so it's not really a view point on Club 1871. You've just kept repeating that the atmospheres crap.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Apr 2019 21:02

Hound would you like to see it continue Urzzzz into next season? Not having a dig at all, as respect your points, but I do think its genuinely a positive. What do you reckon would make it better?

Personally, I wouldn't, I would rather an atmosphere generated across the entire stadium rather than one section. But I do understand that is very difficult to achieve at the same time

If it was to continue, they either need to completely fill the south stand out with it, or simply move to the East Stand/north stand. Again, easier said than done. But instead of having two half empty stands (the east and the south), I think it would make much more sense to try and completely fill another stand and then leave the other half of the south stand for away fans that want to fill it, or if we start playing well and the plastics start flocking back again

Also, would prefer if they didn't continue with their "holier than thou" attitude, some of them are so far up their own arse it's ridiculous. Fine if you want to start the initiative, but don't go slagging off other fans

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2019 21:39

Fair comments all-round

Just a pity that fans (without the inclusion of away fans) cannot gravitate to just where they want...just when they want.

A shame, as the the 1970’s method was much more fun.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Apr 2019 22:56

This thread says more about the twattishness of the Team Board than it does Club 1871. Who are just trying something a bit different.

The usual TB "ultras" doing their bit to piss on the BBQ.

John Smith, you could go to every away game that Reading ever plays, including the ones on Mars, and you'd still be an absolute cnut.

That you stand out in this respect on the Team Board is a least testament to your total commitment. To being a cnut.

Come back when you have some responsibilities/are grown up, that mean you can't go to away games and then try some flaccid willy waving. You'll probably have given up RFC and started watching rugby.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2019 23:52

Oi Leon..nothing wrong with rugby

There’s room enough for more than just one sport in Reading

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Apr 2019 04:19

leon This thread says more about the twattishness of the Team Board than it does Club 1871. Who are just trying something a bit different.

John Smith, you could go to every away game that Reading ever plays, including the ones on Mars, and you'd still be an absolute cnut.

That you stand out in this respect on the Team Board is a least testament to your total commitment. To being a cnut.

Come back when you have some responsibilities/are grown up, that mean you can't go to away games and then try some flaccid willy waving. You'll probably have given up RFC and started watching rugby.

As I've said numerous times as well, it's also the likes of yourself who try to take the moral high ground who can't see opinions from more than one eye which irritates others

But hey ho, if it's aimed at John Smith, feel free to carry on

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Apr 2019 07:54

Christ, are you losers still bitching that other people's fun is wrong?

Don't like it, don't join in. But STFU for a change.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Apr 2019 09:42

leon This thread says more about the twattishness of the Team Board than it does Club 1871. Who are just trying something a bit different.

You know OMA and John Smith are same person right?

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 06 Apr 2019 10:23

URZZZZ
Hound would you like to see it continue Urzzzz into next season? Not having a dig at all, as respect your points, but I do think its genuinely a positive. What do you reckon would make it better?

Personally, I wouldn't, I would rather an atmosphere generated across the entire stadium rather than one section. But I do understand that is very difficult to achieve at the same time

If it was to continue, they either need to completely fill the south stand out with it, or simply move to the East Stand/north stand. Again, easier said than done. But instead of having two half empty stands (the east and the south), I think it would make much more sense to try and completely fill another stand and then leave the other half of the south stand for away fans that want to fill it, or if we start playing well and the plastics start flocking back again

Also, would prefer if they didn't continue with their "holier than thou" attitude, some of them are so far up their own arse it's ridiculous. Fine if you want to start the initiative, but don't go slagging off other fans

* The West and North stands are only half full too.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 07 Apr 2019 19:27

The holier than thou bollocks is just ridiculous - we all know the atmosphere (home & away) has reached a low & something needs to be done about it. Rather than bickering with each other, why don’t we all show a bit more fight against the opposition. Let’s be honest, our reputation across the league as a fanbase is at an all time low - our away attendance is the lowest in the league

Agree with Urzzz that an atmosphere shouldn’t be dependant on being successful. Yes it helps but it needs to be built on more than that.

If everyone wants a decent atmosphere, why criticise any initiative? Make some noise yourself!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Apr 2019 15:10

I see the South Stand isn't available to purchase online for the Brentford game. Has it sold out or is the initiative not being run this weekend?

2100 posts