2100 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by The Enfield Royal71 » 13 Jun 2019 10:11

Green
Barney
The Enfield Royal71
Lets see how many of those 500 are still there when we are 22nd after 3 months of the season.

I for one have given up my ST in favour of the mighty forest green rovers.

Forest Green Rovers. 4th tier. Adult Season Ticket £391.

Reading. 2nd Tier. Adult Season Ticket £375.

You've done well there son :shock:

How much is a pint?

They have a vegan beer for almost a 4ver

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 13 Jun 2019 10:55

The Enfield Royal71
Green
Barney

Forest Green Rovers. 4th tier. Adult Season Ticket £391.

Reading. 2nd Tier. Adult Season Ticket £375.

You've done well there son :shock:

How much is a pint?

They have a vegan beer for almost a 4ver

assuming i'm due a woosh here, but what the oxf*rd is a vegan beer? i mean are there any meat beers? :?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 13 Jun 2019 11:05

Fish finings are often used to filter beer.

You're not consuming animal products, but animal products are used in the making of the product. I wouldn't have a problem with it if I was a vegan, but then I'm not a vegan.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Jun 2019 09:28

Green Fish finings are often used to filter beer.

You're not consuming animal products, but animal products are used in the making of the product. I wouldn't have a problem with it if I was a vegan, but then I'm not a vegan.

I'd imagine Enfield Royal71 has an issue with it, being so infatuated with Forest Green Rovers and their ethos.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Jun 2019 17:21

Green Fish finings are often used to filter beer.

Same with wine - ordinary wine, vegetarian wine and vegan wine (Egg whites or something get used in vegetarian wine).

My daughter oscillates between veganism and vegetarianism, so I tell her none of the wine is vegan/vegetarian - that way she doesn't rob my supply going out to pre-drinks.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 28 Jun 2019 14:13

Any idea on numbers sold for this season?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jun 2019 15:37

The special season tickets for C1871 look nice.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2019 17:27

Hendo The special season tickets for C1871 look nice.

The ones with "better fans" on?

Yep, great design. :D

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 28 Jun 2019 18:09

Snowflake Royal

Still the same nonsense from SFR then. How you feeling about season tickets in the South Stand taking up 3/4’s of the allocation with plenty of time to go before sales end?

Also donations are already over 1/3 of the way to the £1500 target to increase the size of banners and flags, and add banners to the back of the stand to cover the grills.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jun 2019 18:29

Wallsy
Snowflake Royal

Still the same nonsense from SFR then. How you feeling about season tickets in the South Stand taking up 3/4’s of the allocation with plenty of time to go before sales end?

Also donations are already over 1/3 of the way to the £1500 target to increase the size of banners and flags, and add banners to the back of the stand to cover the grills.

:? I think he was being genuine...

If season ticket sales have reached 3/4 of the allocation in the south stand, I doubt they will be selling many more as I am sure they will still want seats spare so people without season tickets can still go/people want to move.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 28 Jun 2019 18:37

He was fishing. These are the South Stand ST cards:

I don’t believe there’s a cap in Club1871, at least they didn’t believe so when ST’s went on sale this summer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2019 18:56

Just a gentle wind up of our resident ejits going on about C1871ers thinking they're superior and getting better treatment.

Interested to see if I get one of those new branded ones as I renewed an existing South ST.

I think flag donations are a bit weird but each to their own.

Loving the popularity of the initiative and looking forward to a bustling atmosphere. Hope not too many newcomers are just there to bask in the atmosphere created by others and mostly join in.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 28 Jun 2019 19:35

Snowflake Royal Just a gentle wind up of our resident ejits going on about C1871ers thinking they're superior and getting better treatment.

Interested to see if I get one of those new branded ones as I renewed an existing South ST.

Loving the popularity of the initiative and looking forward to a bustling atmosphere. Hope not too many newcomers are just there to bask in the atmosphere created by others and mostly join in.

Did you? Good man. I can't say I've seen anyone acting better than anyone else for being in this part of the ground. Just a good group who like singing and helping make a difference. I was a Southbanker and naturally swapped that for Y25 and Y26. I'd love to see similar dedication to get that area back on its feet and making a noise again. Then the away fans are drowned out with home fans signing either side of them.

The whole donation thing is purely because Nigel Howe wont fund these things himself. It has to be fan lead. The idea this season is to make it even more visual with bigger flags and banners, and as mentioned, banners across the back grills. With such surprising season ticket sales, we're going to be enjoying an away day atmosphere every home game!

Look forward to bumping into you some time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2019 23:12

Wallsy
Snowflake Royal Just a gentle wind up of our resident ejits going on about C1871ers thinking they're superior and getting better treatment.

Did you? Good man. I can't say I've seen anyone acting better than anyone else for being in this part of the ground. Just a good group who like singing and helping make a difference. I was a Southbanker and naturally swapped that for Y25 and Y26. I'd love to see similar dedication to get that area back on its feet and making a noise again. Then the away fans are drowned out with home fans signing either side of them.

The whole donation thing is purely because Nigel Howe wont fund these things himself. It has to be fan lead. The idea this season is to make it even more visual with bigger flags and banners, and as mentioned, banners across the back grills. With such surprising season ticket sales, we're going to be enjoying an away day atmosphere every home game!

Same here. South bank towards away end. Then Y26 and Y25.

Don't think (m)any C1871ers think they're better fans, but that was the complaint from the tards. Think you had me pegged in the wrong camp.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jun 2019 23:18

Good to see sales in the South Stand are going well. Club 1871 is now here to stay.
Does anyone know what overall ST sales are looking like?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Jun 2019 23:28

Snowflake Royal
Wallsy

Don't think (m)any C1871ers think they're better fans, but that was the complaint from the tards. Think you had me pegged in the wrong camp.

Watch your mouth :wink:

That was certainly an impression I did pick up on. Maybe it was the wrong impression

Only thing that frustrated me towards the end of the season was the players' reaction after WBA. Felt that most the players celebrated only with them and not the other three stands that had contributed to the atmosphere. Although that's obviously not a fault of Club 1871

Surprised to see this thread reach 54 pages, wonder who the main culprit of that is :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2019 23:36

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Wallsy

That was certainly an impression I did pick up on. Maybe it was the wrong impression

Only thing that frustrated me towards the end of the season was the players' reaction after WBA. Felt that most the players celebrated only with them and not the other three stands that had contributed to the atmosphere. Although that's obviously not a fault of Club 1871

Surprised to see this thread reach 54 pages, wonder who the main culprit of that is :lol:

I was a supporter from early on, joined before last season. Always want to see the players clap all 4(3) stands tho.

OMA, DD and JS were the main voices of opposition. Which says a lot.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Jun 2019 23:46

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Same here. South bank towards away end. Then Y26 and Y25.

I was a supporter from early on, joined before last season. Always want to see the players clap all 4(3) stands tho.

OMA, DD and JS were the main voices of opposition. Which says a lot.

Fair enough

Was massively against it up until the end really, thought it looked a bit ridiculous at times being 3/4 empty. Whilst quantity doesn't necessarily generate an atmosphere, in our case it did and it even spread to the North stand and was really impressed with the atmo against Brentford and West Brom

Side note, wonder what has happened to OMA? Haven't seen him around for ages

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Jun 2019 05:24

Concentrating on his Enfield Royal and John Smith accounts. I'm sure the OMA persona will be back once Enfield Royal is banned again.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 29 Jun 2019 09:25

Zip Good to see sales in the South Stand are going well. Club 1871 is now here to stay.
Does anyone know what overall ST sales are looking like?

No answer when asked recently, however they did comment that they're looking forward to selling out every home game.

2100 posts