Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Donny Ironside » 17 Nov 2021 20:21

paultheroyal Love to see this area packed out on Saturday and in full voice.

Lets hope there is no more violence and abuse of away fans. If there is then I hope the club rightfully put a stop to it.

I can't believe that Club1871 have to resort to amps and microphones to sound louder :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Nov 2021 23:54

Donny Ironside

Lets hope there is no more violence and abuse of away fans. If there is then I hope the club rightfully put a stop to it.

I can't believe that Club1871 have to resort to amps and microphones to sound louder :roll:

Hi DD, how many user names to you hae here exactly?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Nov 2021 00:20

Forest end sold out and hope Reading stick to attacking the goal towards the south stand in the second half. Club1871 and east stand south can roar them home.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 18 Nov 2021 04:39

windermereROYAL
Donny Ironside

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 18 Nov 2021 04:40

paultheroyal Forest end sold out and hope Reading stick to attacking the goal towards the south stand in the second half. Club1871 and east stand south can roar them home.

Lets hope there is no violence from Club1871 hooligan firm again!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2021 08:51

windermereROYAL
Donny Ironside

At least
Double d - banned
Kulshaw73rfc - banned
Simmops - flounced
Donny Ironside

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Nov 2021 09:23

paultheroyal Forest end sold out and hope Reading stick to attacking the goal towards the south stand in the second half. Club1871 and east stand south can roar them home.

I wonder why they decided to play "the wrong way round" against Bournemouth? Is tossing a coin to chose end/kick off a thing or does the home team simply pick?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2021 09:34

morganb

I wonder why they decided to play "the wrong way round" against Bournemouth? Is tossing a coin to chose end/kick off a thing or does the home team simply pick?

I believe toss a coin to pick ends and the the other team gets to kick off. Maybe other way round?

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 18 Nov 2021 10:21

Snowflake Royal
morganb

I believe toss a coin to pick ends and the the other team gets to kick off. Maybe other way round?

Wow. Somebody has never played football before :lol:

The winner of the toss off, decides either to kick off first or which end to choose.

If they decide ends the other team kicks off.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Nov 2021 10:24

Donny Ironside

Completely agree. Can not have another bloodbath on our hands. They are complete animals in there.

Lets hope C1871 is civilised and welcoming, just there to cheer on the Royals in a good ol fashioned way. But not too loud as it might be too aggressive. Actually, bring your hankies and just wave them please. Just be nice.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Nov 2021 10:27

Coppells Lost Coat
Donny Ironside

Completely agree. Can not have another bloodbath on our hands. They are complete animals in there.

Lets hope C1871 is civilised and welcoming, just there to cheer on the Royals in a good ol fashioned way. But not too loud as it might be too aggressive. Actually, bring your hankies and just wave them please. Just be nice.

Let's hope they don't engage in any "playground behaviour" like throwing beer at people or something.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Nov 2021 11:11

Orion1871
Coppells Lost Coat
Donny Ironside Lets hope there is no violence from Club1871 hooligan firm again!

Let's hope they don't engage in any "playground behaviour" like throwing beer at people or something.

What moron wastes a beer?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2021 12:36

Donny Ironside
Snowflake Royal
morganb

The winner of the toss off, decides either to kick off first or which end to choose.

:| so roughly what I said but with a choice.

Bore off troll.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 18 Nov 2021 12:49

Snowflake Royal
Donny Ironside
Snowflake Royal I believe toss a coin to pick ends and the the other team gets to kick off. Maybe other way round?

:| so roughly what I said but with a choice.

Bore off troll.

Well you are wrong though.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Nov 2021 14:15

Donny Ironside
Snowflake Royal
morganb

Are Reading exceptionally good at winning the toss as we usually kick the same way in each half of every home game, or do the opposition always go kick off over end if they win?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 18 Nov 2021 14:53

I suspect the opposition captain, if he wins the toss, choses to play towards their supporters in the second half. as our captain has when wins the toss, I don't know who won the toss against Bournemouth so the change could be Bouremouth playing "mind games" by forcing Reading to change to something unfamiliar, but of course it could be Reading has now decided to kick towards Club 1871 in the second half. We shall see what unfolds in the next three or four home games.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 18 Nov 2021 14:54

Coppells Lost Coat
Orion1871
Coppells Lost Coat

What moron wastes a beer?

+1

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2021 18:37

Whoosh DD, are you really that thick? cancel that question because you clearly are.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 10:40

morganb
Donny Ironside
Snowflake Royal I believe toss a coin to pick ends and the the other team gets to kick off. Maybe other way round?

Are Reading exceptionally good at winning the toss as we usually kick the same way in each half of every home game, or do the opposition always go kick off over end if they win?

Away team love kicking towards their fans second half - which why it never gets challenged - and that in itself is utterly ridiculous. However, after an hour long radio debate - i think its going to change if we win the coin toss.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 10:41

The Royal Forester I suspect the opposition captain, if he wins the toss, choses to play towards their supporters in the second half. as our captain has when wins the toss, I don't know who won the toss against Bournemouth so the change could be Bouremouth playing "mind games" by forcing Reading to change to something unfamiliar, but of course it could be Reading has now decided to kick towards Club 1871 in the second half. We shall see what unfolds in the next three or four home games.

Radio Berks debated this for about an hour and then Dellor raised it with Moore, off mic and on mic before the Bournemouth game. Surprise surprise, it changed.

2100 posts