Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Loafer » 05 Nov 2022 12:13

windermereROYAL
RoyalBlue
Loafer Absolutely abysmal tonight. No passion and no noise and being outsung by Preston.

Shame because I was warming up to the idea of keeping them.

I thought they were pretty good, particularly given that everyone in the SCL could've been excused for falling asleep during the first half.

Also I saw a tweet from a Preston fan saying how good they (C1871) were!

You shouldn`t rise to it mate.

Oh yeah, because in your world people are not allowed a different opinion

There are first hand accounts of C1871 disrupting the minute silence and reports of hooliganism throughout the season

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2022 12:33

Loafer
windermereROYAL
RoyalBlue
I thought they were pretty good, particularly given that everyone in the SCL could've been excused for falling asleep during the first half.

Also I saw a tweet from a Preston fan saying how good they (C1871) were!

There are first hand accounts of C1871 disrupting the minute silence and reports of hooliganism throughout the season

They didn`t disrupt it at all, they thought the tribute was over after the last post was played, it lasted a few seconds before the silence was restored.
So stop trying to make something out of nothing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Nov 2022 13:06

windermereROYAL
Loafer
windermereROYAL

They didn`t disrupt it at all, they thought the tribute was over after the last post was played, it lasted a few seconds before the silence was restored.

Agreed. The problem was actually initiated by people in the North (Eamonn Dolan) Stand who decided to start clapping the moment the Last Post finished.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Nov 2022 13:07

Loafer
Nameless
Loafer Absolutely abysmal tonight. No passion and no noise and being outsung by Preston.

Shame because I was warming up to the idea of keeping them.

When did you last go to a game ?

Why does that matter and why is it relevant to this?

Because while you are obviously just being a idiot, doing it’s a nonsupporter just makes you aneven bigger idiot.
Although of course you’ll think you are being ‘clever’.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Nov 2022 13:08

RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL
Loafer Oh yeah, because in your world people are not allowed a different opinion

Agreed. The problem was actually initiated by people in the North (Eamonn Dolan) Stand who decided to start clapping the moment the Last Post finished.

Nope, first shouts came from the PNE fans. The well meant applause was sprinkled round the ground.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Nov 2022 13:11

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless
When did you last go to a game ?

Why does that matter and why is it relevant to this?

Because while you are obviously just being a idiot, doing it’s a nonsupporter just makes you aneven bigger idiot.

I've been to plenty of games down the years, having moved 4 hours away by train it is rather difficult to go lately

Last game I went to was taking my son to Brighton 3 times this season and 4 times to my local NL team

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Nov 2022 13:12

windermereROYAL
Loafer
windermereROYAL

And what about the constant reports of C1871 members being threatening, badgering away fans and scaring people with their hooligan actions? Or will you just brush that under the carpet?

Not to mention theft of the flag and constant drunkenness and being kicked out

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Nov 2022 09:53

Loafer
Nameless
Loafer Why does that matter and why is it relevant to this?

I've been to plenty of games down the years, having moved 4 hours away by train it is rather difficult to go lately

Last game I went to was taking my son to Brighton 3 times this season and 4 times to my local NL team

Thanks for confirming you have no idea about what happens at games and are simply a troll.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Nov 2022 10:03

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless

Thanks for confirming you have no idea about what happens at games and are simply a troll.

:roll:

Been going to games since 1994 m9

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Nov 2022 10:05

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless

+1.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Nov 2022 11:44

Loafer
Nameless
Loafer I've been to plenty of games down the years, having moved 4 hours away by train it is rather difficult to go lately

Had been going you mean. You don’t go any more.
Just troll about stuff that you don’t actually know anything about (which is pretty much what you do everywhere)
As for going since 1994, given you seem to be about 13 I think that is unlikely ,…

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Nov 2022 11:48

Nameless
Loafer
Nameless

Just troll about stuff that you don’t actually know anything about (which is pretty much what you do everywhere)
As for going since 1994, given you seem to be about 13 I think that is unlikely ,…

I can still go , have still go and will still go this season

Your argument of somebody not being a fan because they move house is childish and you need to grow up and mature

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Nov 2022 12:06

Nameless
RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

Nope, first shouts came from the PNE fans. The well meant applause was sprinkled round the ground.

I was un Y21 and the first thing I heard was applause from the Dolan Stand immediately after the end of The Last Post. which was met with some sushing. That was followed by a shout of URZ from the far end and then some further shouts that may have come from the PNE fans.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 07 Nov 2022 12:15

RoyalBlue
Nameless
RoyalBlue

I was un Y21 and the first thing I heard was applause from the Dolan Stand immediately after the end of The Last Post. which was met with some sushing. That was followed by a shout of URZ from the far end and then some further shouts that may have come from the PNE fans.

Exactly that. The idiot making the noise was a PNE fan next to C1871 followed by a few telling him to STFU. I don't think it helped as the announcer said the minutes silence would commence at the ref's whistle which the ref didn't blow until the end of the minutes silence.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Nov 2022 12:29

UpThePrem
RoyalBlue
Nameless

Exactly that. The idiot making the noise was a PNE fan next to C1871 followed by a few telling him to STFU. I don't think it helped as the announcer said the minutes silence would commence at the ref's whistle which the ref didn't blow until the end of the minutes silence.

He never said that though, he said a minutes silence would immediately follow the Last Post and would end with the referee's whistle.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Nov 2022 13:53

Loafer
Nameless
Loafer :roll:

I can still go , have still go and will still go this season

Your argument of somebody not being a fan because they move house is childish and you need to grow up and mature

Lol, says the edgy teenager !
Your comments about 1871 are transparent, simply attention seeking given you say you don’t go to games which means you really have no idea.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Nov 2022 13:59

windermereROYAL Pizza HT prize sent to 1871, row D all the kids came charging down from the back to sit there, pretty pathetic tbf.

That happens in every stand in fairness

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Nov 2022 14:38

RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL
Loafer Oh yeah, because in your world people are not allowed a different opinion

it should also be noted that the bench including Paul Ince was clapping when the last post finished.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Nov 2022 14:39

tidus_mi2
UpThePrem
RoyalBlue

He never said that though, he said a minutes silence would immediately follow the Last Post and would end with the referee's whistle.

Exactly this - Uptheprem has had a mare here.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Nov 2022 20:00

Similar confusion at Bottom Meadow tonight.
ITV (presenter) totally oxf*rd it up :?

2100 posts