Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by paultheroyal » 18 Jul 2022 10:03

Loafer Ate Club1871 continuing next season?

If so, I would like to see the P&L for this and expenditure, as on this cost of living crisis we cannot afford to spend on frivolous shit

Whats the difference to this stand opening to say the North Stand etc? By your logic the Family Stand should close as money is lost on that.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Jul 2022 10:29

If so, I would like to see the P&L for this and expenditure, as on this cost of living crisis we cannot afford to spend on frivolous shit

The entire club is losing money - shut it down.

Club1871 is not "frivolous shit", it's an attempt to make going to football fun for a certain demographic. That's why we have different stands / areas with different vibes in each.

But yeah - the world revolves around Loafer, so anything they don't want is therefore expendable.

Such a pathetic attitude.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jul 2022 11:21

muirinho

Club1871 is not "frivolous shit", it's an attempt to make going to football fun for a certain demographic. That's why we have different stands / areas with different vibes in each.

Agree - I don't see why the concept is resented so much. Yes, service could be better and there will be obvious improvements to be made, but better than having a dead atmosphere at home games.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 11:32

muirinho

But yeah - the world revolves around Loafer, so anything they don't want is therefore expendable.

Its full of hooligans and teenagers who cannot handle a can of Fosters

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Jul 2022 12:01

Loafer
muirinho

i accept it wasnt your idea and behind the 8 ball and the natural reaction is to be anti it. I get that, its how you feel. But your reasoning and arguments behind it are well, pretty pathetic and baseless to be honest.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Jul 2022 12:08

Loafer
muirinho

Bit rich coming from you.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 12:14

Orion1871
Loafer
muirinho

Bit rich coming from you.
:roll:

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 12:26

paultheroyal
Loafer
muirinho

i accept it wasnt your idea and behind the 8 ball and the natural reaction is to be anti it. I get that, its how you feel. But your reasoning and arguments behind it are well, pretty pathetic and baseless to be honest.

:lol:

no they are not

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Jul 2022 13:15

Loafer
paultheroyal
Loafer Its full of hooligans and teenagers who cannot handle a can of Fosters

no they are not

Lets hear them then.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 13:20

paultheroyal
Loafer
paultheroyal

no they are not

Lets hear them then.

hear what?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Jul 2022 13:27

muirinho

What happens if you share his opinion? Are we not allowed to disagree with something? The concept is pathetic and the defence of it that "only a handful of clubs would sell out" is not viable as it has been running for four seasons now which would amount to a whole season of revenue that we have lost out on. Pretty poor business just to keep a few kids happy, wouldn't you say?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Jul 2022 14:02

John Smith
muirinho

What happens if you share his opinion? Are we not allowed to disagree with something? The concept is pathetic and the defence of it that "only a handful of clubs would sell out" is not viable as it has been running for four seasons now which would amount to a whole season of revenue that we have lost out on. Pretty poor business just to keep a few kids happy, wouldn't you say?

Unsurprising that somebody that is being this deliberately obtuse has included a season and a half of a pandemic in their "4 seasons amounts to a whole season" calculation,

The family stand costs money
Pre-match entertainment for the kids costs money
The "music" before the game costs money
Mascots costs money
Reduced-cost tickets for pensioners costs money
Keeping season ticket prices low costs money

Apart from the last one - none of the above benefits me in the slightest. However you don't see me whinging on here every five minutes about it.
The club wants an atmosphere - Club 1871 has done a decent job of helping that atmosphere. As well as providing a place where people who like to stand all the time can go, without putting in on the people behind them, who don't

The arguments used to be "it won't work and it costs too much revenue"
Now it's "it works too well, and it costs too much revenue".
So ye were wrong about it not working, and you've got no idea of the revenue it may or may not be costing.

Club were very quick to ditch BlueCollar despite it being very popular - because it was costing them too much money. I think we can safely say if Club1871 was costing more than they thought it was worth, they would ditch it.

This isn't a "I'm not allowed to make an argument" situation. It's a "I'm angry that when I repeat the same nonsense I've been saying for 4 years, I'm being told it's nonsense" situation.

You can keep spouting the same bilge. And I can keep saying it's pathetic.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 14:09

muirinho
John Smith
muirinho

Unsurprising that somebody that is being this deliberately obtuse has included a season and a half of a pandemic in their "4 seasons amounts to a whole season" calculation,

The family stand costs money
Pre-match entertainment for the kids costs money
The "music" before the game costs money
Mascots costs money
Reduced-cost tickets for pensioners costs money
Keeping season ticket prices low costs money

Apart from the last one - none of the above benefits me in the slightest. However you don't see me whinging on here every five minutes about it.
The club wants an atmosphere - Club 1871 has done a decent job of helping that atmosphere. As well as providing a place where people who like to stand all the time can go, without putting in on the people behind them, who don't

The arguments used to be "it won't work and it costs too much revenue"
So ye were wrong about it not working, and you've got no idea of the revenue it may or may not be costing.

Club were very quick to ditch BlueCollar despite it being very popular - because it was costing them too much money. I think we can safely say if Club1871 was costing more than they thought it was worth, they would ditch it.

This isn't a "I'm not allowed to make an argument" situation. It's a "I'm angry that when I repeat the same nonsense I've been saying for 4 years, I'm being told it's nonsense" situation.

You can keep spouting the same bilge. And I can keep saying it's pathetic.

so what about the hooliganism and trouble that club 1871 has caused? i took my son to a game and he was scared and now won't come to a game, due to the language, aggression and actions of young people who think they are hard and cannot handle beer?

there have been multiple times and reports of trouble being caused by members of club1871, what needs to happen other then disband it and ban the ones causing trouble?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Jul 2022 14:12

I sometimes feel there is an element of c1871 who are attention seeking (the ones who jump on the netting and think it is some kind of act of bravado.)
On the other hand there are undoubtably one or two on here whose entire reason d’etre is attention seeking and they wouldn’t be able to construct a logical argument if it came in kit form with instructions.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Jul 2022 14:17

muirinho
The club wants an atmosphere - Club 1871 has done a decent job of helping that atmosphere.

No they don't. The club buckled under the pressure of the clowns who set up the narcissistic charade in the first place.

muirinho

It certainly doesn't work at all. The fact it is costing us revenue is £1 too much. Close it down.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jul 2022 14:46

Totally agree that the pathetic try hards on the netting / abusing the away crowd to an absurd level needs to go in the bin and a hard stance needs to be taken with that behaviour in general.
I personally wouldn't take my children to a designated standing / singing area knowing how football fans are. There is plenty of other places to sit with kids.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Jul 2022 14:59

Loafer
paultheroyal
Loafer :lol:

no they are not

Lets hear them then.

hear what?

Reason and arguments for wanting this stopped.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 18 Jul 2022 15:46

paultheroyal
Loafer
paultheroyal
Lets hear them then.

hear what?

Reason and arguments for wanting this stopped.

read the last few posts and you will see

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jul 2022 20:43

You knobs still here?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2022 07:10

Some very well fed trolls here.

2100 posts