Bristol City (A) Friday 19th April 2019 (12pm)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bristol City (A) Friday 19th April 2019 (12pm)

by The Enfield Royal71 » 15 Apr 2019 08:33

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
Readingfanman Appreciate the support to gain that title, thank you

Don't listen to John Smith, he is just a troll.

32 quid for a game in a dump like Bristol.... ridiculous pricing. I am out of this due to the extortionate price And time and will be going to Tranmere to watch FGR play for a more reasonably priced game and better standard of football.

What an elaborate lie.

I thought you told me not to talk to you the last time you replied to me and got called out by me on a lie John Smith, yet you are stalking me and replied within 19 seconds......

Anyway there is no lie about it. Free ticket, travel, food and hospitality like every game m9. Sometimes it pays to have actual real life connections and not just think you know things because you coach Bracknell Town under 9s.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Apr 2019 09:28

The Enfield Royal71 Don't listen to John Smith, he is just a troll.

32 quid for a game in a dump like Bristol.... ridiculous pricing. I am out of this due to the extortionate price And time and will be going to Tranmere to watch FGR play for a more reasonably priced game and better standard of football.

I am not Old Man Andrews and Old Man Andrews is not me. Hope that clears that up.

Also, if you chose to watch Forest Green Rovers instead of Reading then you aren't a Reading supporter.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 15 Apr 2019 09:34

John Smith

I am not Old Man Andrews and Old Man Andrews is not me. Hope that clears that up.

Also, if you chose to watch Forest Green Rovers instead of Reading then you aren't a Reading supporter.

I can still be a Reading supporter if I choose to watch somebody else.

My cousin moved to Toronto a few years ago to study and work and watches Toronto Fc. Does that make him not a Reading Supporter?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Apr 2019 09:39

The Enfield Royal71
John Smith

My cousin moved to Toronto a few years ago to study and work and watches Toronto Fc. Does that make him not a Reading Supporter?

That's a bit different to being down the road from where Reading are playing and then opting to watch League 2 dross instead, as well as claiming it to be better quality.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 15 Apr 2019 10:10

John Smith
The Enfield Royal71
John Smith I am not Old Man Andrews and Old Man Andrews is not me. Hope that clears that up.

That's a bit different to being down the road from where Reading are playing and then opting to watch League 2 dross instead, as well as claiming it to be better quality.

What I have seen from FGR games has for me most part blown the tripe we have served up this season out The water

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Apr 2019 10:39

Back on topic then. I guess we are gonna struggle for a few beers pre-match being a 12pm k.o. ?!!!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Apr 2019 10:55

This was the main reason for not going. £32 tickets was expected but once i realised it was a 12 KO I was out. The very early start on a over priced train, with a bag of cans was not that tempting.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2019 10:57

Zammo Back on topic then. I guess we are gonna struggle for a few beers pre-match being a 12pm k.o. ?!!!

It's Bristol, I swear half the population are jacked before 9am.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 15 Apr 2019 11:03

In! for my first and only game of the season

8)

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 15 Apr 2019 15:50

We've taken an extra allocation of 1000 tickets.

We really should be filling this up. Vital game.

jar95

by jar95 » 15 Apr 2019 16:37

Zammo Back on topic then. I guess we are gonna struggle for a few beers pre-match being a 12pm k.o. ?!!!

8:43 train from Didcot into Bristol at 9:43. Beers on train and then in the weatherpersons right by the station, then taxi up to the ground and drinking after. Full schedule of live football if you include Soccer saturday for the 3pms.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Apr 2019 16:39

jar95

8:43 train from Didcot into Bristol at 9:43. Beers on train and then in the weatherpersons right by the station, then taxi up to the ground and drinking after. Full schedule of live football if you include Soccer saturday for the 3pms.

I'm on the same train. Boom. Cheers.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 15 Apr 2019 16:47

Hang on a minute Old Man Andrews.
If £32 is nothing, why did you berate me for suggesting that we stop the Twenty’s Plenty initiative as you believe we should be flying the flag for cheaper pricing?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2019 08:41

Zammo
jar95

We were thinking of heading to King Street Brew House.

The King Street Brew House is a city centre pub & microbrewery located on the cobbled street corner of King Street and Welsh Back waterside. It is handily placed if you are arriving at Bristol Temple Meads railway station or going into the city centre before or after the game. The bar has up to 18 different beers on tap, some of which are produced on site & serves food from lunch time until late. In addition, the pub is family friendly, shows Sky/BT sports & has lots of space inside and out.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2019 08:51

Pepe the Horseman
Zammo
jar95

The King Street Brew House is a city centre pub & microbrewery located on the cobbled street corner of King Street and Welsh Back waterside. It is handily placed if you are arriving at Bristol Temple Meads railway station or going into the city centre before or after the game. The bar has up to 18 different beers on tap, some of which are produced on site & serves food from lunch time until late. In addition, the pub is family friendly, shows Sky/BT sports & has lots of space inside and out.

Actually fcuk that, it's a 15 min walk. See you in spoons x

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 16 Apr 2019 09:01

I remember last time i went to bristol I got kicked out at half-time. This was back in my wild days and i was hanging around srot at that game. We were drinking from 7 am and I was utterly steaming. I remember khalifa cisse scored and I was kicked out for hurling abuse at somebody. Cannot remember who or why though.

How embarrassing and glad those hooligan days are behind me

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Apr 2019 09:09

Pepe the Horseman
Pepe the Horseman
Zammo

Actually fcuk that, it's a 15 min walk. See you in spoons x

Post match for King St, I reckon.

Spoons it is !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Apr 2019 12:21

Pandoras Box Hang on a minute Old Man Andrews.
If £32 is nothing, why did you berate me for suggesting that we stop the Twenty’s Plenty initiative as you believe we should be flying the flag for cheaper pricing?

Nobody berated you snowflake.

I am not sure what your point is here either? £32 is nothing to me and Bristol can charge what they like is my point, its their decision as is it is our decision to charge £20.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Apr 2019 12:39

Old Man Andrews

I am not sure what your point is here either? £32 is nothing to me and Bristol can charge what they like is my point, its their decision as is it is our decision to charge £20.

Even though I think £32 is far too much for footy ticket, if people keep buying them prices will stay the same. The only reason i am not going is the 12pm KO.
The extra £12 for a very decent away game (for Reading) is still worth it as Bristol is a cracking place for boozing and food.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Apr 2019 12:40

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews

Even though I think £32 is far too much for footy ticket, if people keep buying them prices will stay the same. The only reason i am not going is the 12pm KO.
The extra £12 for a very decent away game (for Reading) is still worth it as Bristol is a cracking place for boozing and food.

Yeah that.