The Reading Way

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

The Reading Way

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2019 14:15

OK everyone, the club call to arms is here

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... ading-way/

Nothing specific of course but by these words they shall be judged.

And with the first team being back on Monday I would expect to see media interviews (local press, Berks etc.) with Mr Howe and Mr Gomes over the state of things at the moment appearing in the next couple of weeks.

Linden Jones' Tash

Re: The Reading Way

by Linden Jones' Tash » 27 Jun 2019 14:18

the cynic in me sees this as softening up campaign prior to the announcement of our forthcoming partnership with an online gambling firm....

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 27 Jun 2019 15:15

I couldn't really give a rate arse who we're sponsored by tbh and neither should the club. We need money and this is one of the quicker ways to generate funds for us to be better off financially. Unless everyone is willing to buy a season ticket and fill the stadium every match then how else are we supposed to generate income within the realms of FFP?

We're playing in a league that is called the Sky Bet Championship for christ sake and I would hope that our inevitable announcement of Carumo (whatever they're called) isn't unnecessarily scrutinised.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Jun 2019 15:23

I definitely don't think there should be so much gambling advertising in football but if we get one of these companies on our shirts it won't elicit much more than a small eye roll

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Jun 2019 15:28

Will we be the Casumo Stadium as well if this is supposedly a game changing sponsorship deal?

If so, it shall be known by me as the Cashew Nut

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 27 Jun 2019 15:40

I'm just saying that It feel like a comms strategy to me, given there will be some who view sponsorship by this kind of organisation as a negative.

Personally, if the club get a record deal from them, then I don't really have a problem with it. There is a line to be drawn somewhere, but this isn't it for me.

I would rather it was a brand i could engage with, but as long as it isn't massively offensive to me, so be it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jun 2019 15:51

Linden Jones' Tash I'm just saying that It feel like a comms strategy to me, given there will be some who view sponsorship by this kind of organisation as a negative.

Personally, if the club get a record deal from them, then I don't really have a problem with it. There is a line to be drawn somewhere, but this isn't it for me.

I would rather it was a brand i could engage with, but as long as it isn't massively offensive to me, so be it

Everything released by any business is a comms strategy of some description.

It feels like the club is trying to build on the good will from the latter part of the season and re-launch itself - not the worst idea.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 27 Jun 2019 15:59

Stranded
Linden Jones' Tash I'm just saying that It feel like a comms strategy to me, given there will be some who view sponsorship by this kind of organisation as a negative.

Everything released by any business is a comms strategy of some description.

It feels like the club is trying to build on the good will from the latter part of the season and re-launch itself - not the worst idea.

yea, it's now clear that they have done an internal brand audit and redefined their core values and key messages - which in the context of NH coming back makes sense - I was amalgamating it with the sponsor leak.

I'm glad it looks like they have done it properly and not just thrown something together - not sure 'Friendship. Community. Ambition. Commitment' beats 'Spirit, tenacity and flair' on the side of a baseball cap tho'

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Jun 2019 09:35

I thought they might be putting a new road in the stadium area to add to Royals Way, Hoops Way, Shooters Way and Biscuit Way.

Hopefully this will be a path from Shooters Way down to the Hurst Way roundabout with a sign saying Agility, Balance, and good knees :wink:

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1