Blue-collar streetfood

145 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Blue-collar streetfood

by Green » 06 Sep 2019 09:04

I go there on non match days and will often suggest meeting there to clients.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Sep 2019 09:28

Green I go there on non match days and will often suggest meeting there to clients.

Is it open on non matchdays?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Sep 2019 11:45

I go to blue collar street food in the week when I'm off, wherever they happen to be.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Sep 2019 13:10

I'm looking to buy shares in the company, and am in the stages of enquiring about running a stall myself under a franchise agreement.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Sep 2019 14:16

what manner of the food of the streets do you plan on purveying, Green?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Sep 2019 14:52

Maneki Neko what manner of the food of the streets do you plan on purveying, Green?

I'll probably take more of a back office role tbh and get some dogsbodies in to run the day to day.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Sep 2019 15:51

interesting approach.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2020 14:38

Announced today that their contract has not been renewed and the company that control the catering in the stadium will also provide any external food stalls.

Whether there will be anything at all available come the 5th is debatable but imagine it is cheaper for the club in a time of reduced income to use one existing vendor (who may have a multi-year contract) over a second who clearly only had a one year deal to begin with.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Nov 2020 18:07

Stranded Announced today that their contract has not been renewed and the company that control the catering in the stadium will also provide any external food stalls.

Whether there will be anything at all available come the 5th is debatable but imagine it is cheaper for the club in a time of reduced income to use one existing vendor (who may have a multi-year contract) over a second who clearly only had a one year deal to begin with.

Cheaper for the club? I would've thought the contractors pay the club for the catering rights and then keep the profits.

I suspect Compass have done a Trump and thrown their toys out of the pram having taken an absolute hammering from a much better quality offering!

Blue Collar stalls used to be heaving with people in stark contrast to the empty ghost town Compass concessions inside the stadium. Little wonder really given the former offered high quality freshly prepared/cooked food at a decent price whereas the latter pushed over-priced crap (in our opinion).

Compass certainly won't be getting any of our money either outside or inside the stadium. Back to buying food and drink away from the stadium now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2020 18:49

RoyalBlue
Stranded Announced today that their contract has not been renewed and the company that control the catering in the stadium will also provide any external food stalls.

Cheaper for the club? I would've thought the contractors pay the club for the catering rights and then keep the profits.

I suspect Compass have done a Trump and thrown their toys out of the pram having taken an absolute hammering from a much better quality offering!

Blue Collar stalls used to be heaving with people in stark contrast to the empty ghost town Compass concessions inside the stadium. Little wonder really given the former offered high quality freshly prepared/cooked food at a decent price whereas the latter pushed over-priced crap (in our opinion).

Compass certainly won't be getting any of our money either outside or inside the stadium. Back to buying food and drink away from the stadium now.

Cheaper probably the wrong word but it will likely be better for the club financially to not renew hence why they haven't.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Nov 2020 18:50

id imagine its more to do with the fact no one was buy their shit food and the caterers threatening to pull out of the concourse contract

either way its s terrible decision. was the best footbal food on offer anywhere and always buzzing, with them and the brewery, and pretty much was the only bright spot through yet another turgid year of football. on a number of occasions i wouldnt have bothered with the footy at all if it werent for the food on offer.

terrible terrible decision.

BOOOOOOO

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Nov 2020 18:51

RoyalBlue

This^^^ all of this
the club need to go back on this, and if anything should hand the concourse stands to blue collar/west berks n all

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Nov 2020 18:53

Are they still doing to same pies in the ground? Weren’t those made by a local company that wasn’t blue collar? Thought they were pretty good, tbh.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Nov 2020 18:57

It’s a big shame. I remember I had a disgusting burger outside the ground before the game about three years ago and had to make an urgent visit to the toilet just after the game had started to get rid of it.

It’s been great having such an array of food options over the past season or so. We always had something pre match. If we go back to the standard awful burger and cardboard chips stalls I won’t be impressed.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Nov 2020 19:05

compass also have a hygeine rating of 1 at the stadium :|

agree that the local pies were decent tbf

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Nov 2020 00:34

Hendo Are they still doing to same pies in the ground? Weren’t those made by a local company that wasn’t blue collar? Thought they were pretty good, tbh.

Think so
They were pretty good
And the sausage rolls were excellent too.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2020 09:36

bcubed
Hendo Are they still doing to same pies in the ground? Weren’t those made by a local company that wasn’t blue collar? Thought they were pretty good, tbh.

Think so
They were pretty good
And the sausage rolls were excellent too.

Ah yeah they were good as well. It’s in the east stand where the betting station used to be, by the Jazz Cafe entrance.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Nov 2020 10:21

Never had any of their food and don't buy anything in the concourse either so this doesn't bother me. But shame for those who enjoyed it.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 28 Nov 2020 10:55

Sad news, had never ever considered getting food outside the stadium before they turned up but was planning on trying it next time I was at a game. Thought they were going to be here long term, and it seems they did too as they had more plans in mind. Part of me wonders whether the club might change their mind when things get back to normal but given that they approached the club in the first place I doubt it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Nov 2020 14:30

Let's hope that Compass will improve the offering if they are responsible for outdoor catering as well. Understandable from the clubs POV that there's one caterer. Blue collar was far from cheap. Did baulk at some of the prices being charged. What's required is a well priced offering. Then everybody benefits.

145 posts