Leeds (A) Saturday February 22nd

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Leeds (A) Saturday February 22nd

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2020 01:08

mot Demand inflates prices, unfortunately demand to go and watch Leeds is high. Nobody here would run a business for less if demand out stripped supply. Half of Readings allocation has been sold off to home fans so in theory they are quite happy less then a thousand of you are travelling. Those not going are going to miss an awesome atmosphere and maybe even an away win. But no worries, you can save £15 and go away to Luton. You maybe the cheapest ticket in the league but you are there to support your team and that unfortunately is by putting money into0 your club, Leeds fans are more than happy to do that.

To be fair, I think if I lived in Leeds, I'd be more than happy to do that too

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 Feb 2020 06:21

Why where you posting during the WBA game the other night.

Your talking Bollocks again.

Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In I take it OMA will be going with his half and half scarf. :roll:

Mind you it doesn’t look like he goes to our home games :roll:

I haven't missed a home game in about 7 years. Try again.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 07:38

Royality creeps In Why where you posting during the WBA game the other night.

*Your talking Bollocks again.

Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In I take it OMA will be going with his half and half scarf. :roll:

Mind you it doesn’t look like he goes to our home games :roll:

I haven't missed a home game in about 7 years. Try again.

*You're

I refuse to converse with anyone who lacks the intelligence to understand basic grammar.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 18 Feb 2020 09:03

tidus_mi2
mot £39 for a ticket and free travel and everyone is still moaning. Look, its a big club with a big sell out atmosphere and they play great football and you get all of this for less than £40. They have even sold out the lower tier of the away stand to Leeds fans. Its not as if Reading fans travel in numbers anyway so all those whinging wouldn't go if it was £10...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I refuse out of principle, oxf*rd your club and oxf*rd you for defending shit ticket prices.

+1,000,000. Spot on tidus.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Feb 2020 09:19

They probs pride themselves in paying more and willing to pay more than the average fan, as they are not an average club. They have an abnormally large fan base for a team that hasn't actually done much for 10 years +. But the petty slating on twitter by Leeds lack a lot of class.
They know the average fan wont pay £39 but they know their fans will. So why not fleece everybody, right?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Feb 2020 10:07

Coppells Lost Coat They probs pride themselves in paying more and willing to pay more than the average fan, as they are not an average club. They have an abnormally large fan base for a team that hasn't actually done much for 10 years +. But the petty slating on twitter by Leeds lack a lot of class.
They know the average fan wont pay £39 but they know their fans will. So why not fleece everybody, right?

I mean, it's not that surprising. There are about 800,000 people living in Leeds, and it's not like there is a successful club up the road to go and follow. The closest are Manchester clubs, and your average Yorkshireman would be seen dead before trekking over the pennines to support a big club from Lancashire every week.

The question we should be asking is whether football clubs should be able to abuse the opportunity to price like this. Most would say no, but if clubs are selling out, do they care?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Feb 2020 10:18

Football isn't a normal business. A fan is not a customer - we don't look at all the options and support the team that gives us the best entertainment for our cash, we go to games out of loyalty for our team and (for a lot of us) to spend time with fellow fans. I mean - if it were just about whether I enjoyed the experience of watching championship football . . . . let's say that if Reading disappeared tomorrow I doubt I would go to another game.

I know that i'm fighting a losing battle when I argue for clubs to respect fans as more than cash-cows, but I do think that they could take some reasonable steps to acknowledge their support. Just think of the atmosphere that away fans add to games, and the sacrifices they take to get to them. And that charging £30+ is not a fair way of responding to that.

If people are happy with football running as a pure business then fair enough. But then don't complain when fans make decisions to not turn up to games when the club is performing badly, or the weather is a bit crap or they have something better to do. Because loyalty works both ways.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Feb 2020 10:25

Btw, my post may have sounded like I was defending Leeds. Most certainly not; they're a vile, arrogant club. They believe that being a bigger club gives them a god given right to play in the Premier League; it doesn't. They sneer at supporters of smaller clubs. Well oxf*rd you all, I'm proud to support my local team who have consistently shown the capability to punch above our weight and rile fans like you. But the fact is, they can charge rip off prices and fill their stadium. This is a horrible, arrogant attitude and moves football away from being a community organisation to a faceless business for middle class customers. Which is exactly what you'd expect from a club like Leeds.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Feb 2020 10:57

WestYorksRoyal Btw, my post may have sounded like I was defending Leeds. Most certainly not; they're a vile, arrogant club. They believe that being a bigger club gives them a god given right to play in the Premier League; it doesn't. They sneer at supporters of smaller clubs. Well oxf*rd you all, I'm proud to support my local team who have consistently shown the capability to punch above our weight and rile fans like you. But the fact is, they can charge rip off prices and fill their stadium. This is a horrible, arrogant attitude and moves football away from being a community organisation to a faceless business for middle class customers. Which is exactly what you'd expect from a club like Leeds.

It makes you wonder what enjoyment anyone gets from supporting Leeds when that is their attitude to even their own customers, I mean supporters. As I've said before, we have hands down the best pricing in the country. £10 for a midweek match, including the upcoming FA Cup game, and £20 for a standard league match is incredible pricing at this level. What a club we are. We ooze class.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Feb 2020 13:07

John Smith
WestYorksRoyal Btw, my post may have sounded like I was defending Leeds. Most certainly not; they're a vile, arrogant club. They believe that being a bigger club gives them a god given right to play in the Premier League; it doesn't. They sneer at supporters of smaller clubs. Well oxf*rd you all, I'm proud to support my local team who have consistently shown the capability to punch above our weight and rile fans like you. But the fact is, they can charge rip off prices and fill their stadium. This is a horrible, arrogant attitude and moves football away from being a community organisation to a faceless business for middle class customers. Which is exactly what you'd expect from a club like Leeds.

It makes you wonder what enjoyment anyone gets from supporting Leeds when that is their attitude to even their own customers, I mean supporters. As I've said before, we have hands down the best pricing in the country. £10 for a midweek match, including the upcoming FA Cup game, and £20 for a standard league match is incredible pricing at this level. What a club we are. We ooze class.

Off the pitch, there's very little that a reasonable person can complain about with RFC. They've time and time again made the right choices with regards to the fans.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 19 Feb 2020 18:48

Leeds are only filling their stadium now they're doing well.

That's why they bang on and on about away support because it deflects from their patchy home support from what is a one big city club.

Wouldn't pay £39 to sit in that cattle shed being pointed at by their load of woolyback chest beating scruffs in a million years .

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2020 19:05

Elm Park Kid
John Smith

Off the pitch, there's very little that a reasonable person can complain about with RFC. They've time and time again made the right choices with regards to the fans.

Yes absolutely. However our attendances continue to decline and I suspect ST prices will remain at the same pricing structure in the summer. We can moan about performances on the pitch but we are certainly not being screwed over the cost of watching the team play.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Feb 2020 22:11

John Smith

We do indeed. But what is baffling is that despite reducing prices it doesn’t seem to make any difference to us. Charging the standard £25 on midweek games wouldn’t reduce the attendance...so it really is very decent of the club to continue to offer them for £10.

What is missing down there at the moment? From the outside I don’t know why we’re not pulling in greater numbers...we used to consistently pull in 17k fans. Has there been a shift in the type of supporter? I know there were a few that had had enough when Stam criticised the support. But I don’t understand why attendances haven’t recovered since he left. Granted our league positions havent been great, but we are competitive in the vast majority of games we play. I think as a club bearing in mind our size, to be competitive in the 2nd tier is still a good achievement

Agree on Leeds though - they think they are inferior to other teams in the league. Well it’s a flipping embarrassment to them that they’ve had to spend so long down here!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Feb 2020 23:33

Notts Royal
John Smith

We do indeed. But what is baffling is that despite reducing prices it doesn’t seem to make any difference to us. Charging the standard £25 on midweek games wouldn’t reduce the attendance...so it really is very decent of the club to continue to offer them for £10.

What is missing down there at the moment? From the outside I don’t know why we’re not pulling in greater numbers...we used to consistently pull in 17k fans. Has there been a shift in the type of supporter? I know there were a few that had had enough when Stam criticised the support. But I don’t understand why attendances haven’t recovered since he left. Granted our league positions havent been great, but we are competitive in the vast majority of games we play. I think as a club bearing in mind our size, to be competitive in the 2nd tier is still a good achievement.

I could make some claim about abandoning the 'Reading way', or how we treated McDermott or all that stuff. . . . but ultimately I just think it's down to the fact that we've had 4 truly awful seasons in the last 5. Even the successful season involved the team playing a style of football that many fans found off-putting.

Lets not forget how 'good' we had it from the start of the century until 2014. Literally every season was either promotion pushing, promotion achieving or in the Premier League.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Feb 2020 12:42

Looks like around 700 sold, which to be totally honest isn't terrible.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Feb 2020 12:53

Hendo Looks like around 700 sold, which to be totally honest isn't terrible.

That is indeed terrible as it validates their ridiculous pricing. If it were £30 we'd of had to have sold over 900 which we probably wouldn't

We really need to take fewer to 300 to send a message to the money grabbing oxf*rd

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2020 19:14

PieEater

That is indeed terrible as it validates their ridiculous pricing. If it were £30 we'd of had to have sold over 900 which we probably wouldn't

We really need to take fewer to 300 to send a message to the money grabbing oxf*rd

Fans aren't going to make the difference, it needs to be raised with the EFL.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Feb 2020 23:12

Which pub is everyone heading to?

mot

by mot » 21 Feb 2020 23:32

PieEater

900 is pretty good for Reading so £39 isn't putting anyone off, just the cant be arsed to go and support my team further than 100 miles away so will use the price of ticket an excuse because if it was £20 I still wouldn't go.